No announcement yet.

Question regarding Stephen King's thoughts on S/L edition books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. You really see the quality of the book when you read it page by page. Plus, it's a good workout since some of these S/Ls are heavy!

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
      Agreed. You really see the quality of the book when you read it page by page. Plus, it's a good workout since some of these S/Ls are heavy!
      I would definitely love to have a weight lifting workout with a S/L Centipede Press edition of Salem's Lot.
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Shining?? You mean Salem's Lot?
        It could well have been The Shining too, given different circumstances. Check out the following photos of the prospectus that Jared at Centipede Press sent Stephen King. If authorisation had been granted, Jared would have published The Shining in the same manner as Salem's Lot.

Traycase Front:

The_Shining_Prospectus 1.jpg
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Shining?? You mean Salem's Lot?
          It could well have been The Shining too, given different circumstances. Check out the following photos of the prospectus that Jared at Centipede Press sent Stephen King. If authorisation had been granted, Jared would have published The Shining in the same manner as Salem's Lot.

Traycase Front:

The_Shining_Prospectus 1.jpg
          - Stephen King

Comment

Inside Title Page:

The_Shining_Prospectus_2.jpg
            - Stephen King

Comment

Lion Fold-out Artwork:

The_Shining_Prospectus_3.jpg
              - Stephen King

Comment

That is pretty damn cool. I'll be happy when my sub. press copy arrives though!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  That is pretty damn cool. I'll be happy when my sub. press copy arrives though!
                  It will certainly be interesting to see how the Sub Press edition compares to the prospectus that Centipede Press produced for it.
                  - Stephen King

Comment

I seriously doubt Subterranean Press's edition will even compare with that prototype.

John

Comment

I agree, that prototype of The Shining is beautiful but I, personally, like the understated treatment. I like the Sub design (especially Chong's artwork) but Jerad's is the cat's meow.

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                        I seriously doubt Subterranean Press's edition will even compare with that prototype.

John
                        I have to agree with this. Even though the Sub Press edition will look really good, I don't think it will be as stunning as Jared's prospectus. From looking at those photos, I am so disappointed that Stephen King would not authorise Centipede Press to publish The Shining.
                        - Stephen King

Comment

I know most love the Centipede Press Salem's Lot book and for the most part, I do too, but personally, I think it is much too large to actually read. I bought it basically because of the love of Salem's Lot itself.

Comment

I know most love the Centipede Press Salem's Lot book and for the most part, I do too, but personally, I think it is much too large to actually read. I bought it basically because of the love of Salem's Lot itself.
                            I thought you liked oversized books, Brad?
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                              I thought you liked oversized books, Brad?
                              I do!! LOL! But seriously, the SL is a monster to try to actually read. Sort of like that Artists Inspired by King....BEAUTIFUL book!! A big tough to actually page through. I was very lucky to get one of the last $1k signed editions of that when he dropped the price to $300 to get rid of the last few.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24
                                I do!! LOL! But seriously, the SL is a monster to try to actually read. Sort of like that Artists Inspired by King....BEAUTIFUL book!! A big tough to actually page through. I was very lucky to get one of the last $1k signed editions of that when he dropped the price to $300 to get rid of the last few.
                                Very nice, Brad! I heard that book is a whopping 11 x 15!!!

The largest book I have is Secretary of Dreams, which is a huge 9 x 12. I absolutely love oversized books and I wished all CD books were 9 x 12. Nothing wrong with the current oversized 7 x 10, but I thought the size of Secretary of Dreams was spectacular!
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X