New story collection for 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New story collection for 2024

Just curious if anyone has any news beyond the announcement (by King, not the publisher) of the new collection to come out in 2024. It is titled You Like It Darker. King described one of the stories in an interview...sounds very exciting to be honest. I love his short-story collections. I'm looking forward to Holly as I really enjoyed If It Bleeds, but...truth be told, I would rather this collection come out this September instead of Holly. Too bad he didn't do one of his experimental release strategies like he used to years ago (e.g., releasing Desperation/The Regulators together): he could have released Holly and Darker on the same date, or the former in September and the latter on Halloween, which I think is a Tuesday this year. 

Some have speculated on what stories may be collected; or, more accurately, wished for some. And I second this: collect Weeds (I do have that one in a Shivers edition), The Crate, and The Night of the Tiger. I also wouldn't mind seeing a teleplay, or maybe an excerpt from a screenplay...would love to see, for instance, one of the segments from the Creepshow script. 

I hope this collection comes out in the spring or summer. Don't make us wait, please. Publish the book maybe with an excerpt from Holly to promote the paperback release, which I assume will be out in the summertime. Whatever it takes, you know...

Thanks for the update. I'm not keeping up with SK much these days so I'm glad to hear another collection will be coming out.

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has any news beyond the announcement (by King, not the publisher) of the new collection to come out in 2024. It is titled You Like It Darker. King described one of the stories in an interview...sounds very exciting to be honest. I love his short-story collections. I'm looking forward to Holly as I really enjoyed If It Bleeds, but...truth be told, I would rather this collection come out this September instead of Holly. Too bad he didn't do one of his experimental release strategies like he used to years ago (e.g., releasing Desperation/The Regulators together): he could have released Holly and Darker on the same date, or the former in September and the latter on Halloween, which I think is a Tuesday this year. 

Some have speculated on what stories may be collected; or, more accurately, wished for some. And I second this: collect Weeds (I do have that one in a Shivers edition), The Crate, and The Night of the Tiger. I also wouldn't mind seeing a teleplay, or maybe an excerpt from a screenplay...would love to see, for instance, one of the segments from the Creepshow script. 

I hope this collection comes out in the spring or summer. Don't make us wait, please. Publish the book maybe with an excerpt from Holly to promote the paperback release, which I assume will be out in the summertime. Whatever it takes, you know...

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Thanks for the update. I'm not keeping up with SK much these days so I'm glad to hear another collection will be coming out.

Â
      Agreed.

We are probably getting close to the point in King’s writing career that the annual book, whether it be a novel, a collection, or a collaboration, will no longer be forthcoming.

Getting old sucks!

B

Comment

LOL! Don't get me started on this. I'm almost at the point in life where me and my small group of friends talk about the weather and our various aches and pains.

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Getting old sucks!

B
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
        X