Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven (series based on The Colorado Kid)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Haven (series based on The Colorado Kid)

    I have seen numerous advertisements for this show, and they keep pumping that is based on The Colorado Kid.

    Has anybody watched it at all? Is it any good?

    #2
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I have seen numerous advertisements for this show, and they keep pumping that is based on The Colorado Kid.

    Has anybody watched it at all? Is it any good?
    I really like the show, not really sure how much it actually has to do with The Colorado Kid though.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

    Comment


      #3
      I've been meaning to tune it in one of these, it's on SyFy I think. Mind you there are other shows too I though looked good by their ads, but....again, never tuned them in either.

      Comment


        #4
        I like it but if you don't like syfy channel shows then you might not. Its VERY loosely based on the Colorado kid. Have you read it? Its basically the two old guys sitting around and telling her the mystery of the coloardo kid. how he got there, who killed him, ect. Its just old guys telling her a mystery they didnt solve. The Show starts with the colorado kid dead on the beach story, throws her into a newspaper photo from when he was found and she tries to find out what happened and why the chick in the picutre looks like her but "isnt" She helps the town with their "troubles" (They have supernatural abilites, well A LOT of them do) and shit happens. lol. Barely based on the book but it still is in a way. But I think it is a great show. It is apparently becoming popular with the younger crowd lately and has more of a following than it did in the first few seasons. No book truely based on the coloardo kid could be made as its short and goes no where. I think this was a fantastic way to expand on the town and the characters. Im sure king would approve although I have no heard whether he does or not.

        Comment


          #5
          Teri - There are a lot of SyFy shows that really picque my interest, but am scared to tune them in for the fact that many shows like this turn out to be really lame. Continuum looks cool - haven't watched it. I must say though SyFy (US channel) has a lot of interesting offerings.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by TJCams View Post
            Teri - There are a lot of SyFy shows that really picque my interest, but am scared to tune them in for the fact that many shows like this turn out to be really lame. Continuum looks cool - haven't watched it. I must say though SyFy (US channel) has a lot of interesting offerings.
            They have some really good programming these days. Some of my favorites (some still going others cancelled)

            Sanctuary
            Haven
            Alpha's
            Warehouse 13
            Eureka
            Anything Stargate

            I've also heard good things about Lost Girl and Defiance. That said I'm a bit out of the loop on these things as I haven't really been watching a lot of TV lately.
            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

            Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

            Comment


              #7
              Warehouse 13 does sound pretty neat. I just can't believe how much more offerings the US SyFy has versus the Canadian SciFi (does it even exist?).

              I would like to see more retro shows though - please please please show the original Ultraman!!!!

              Comment


                #8
                I sort of lost interest after the 2nd season. maybe I'll get back to it one day.
                Mike

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  I sort of lost interest after the 2nd season. maybe I'll get back to it one day.
                  Mike
                  That's kinda my biggest problem with ongoing series. I'll really get into them, then they'll go on break for a year and I'll forget to come back.
                  CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                  Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

                  Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hmmm, seems like I have to look into this as I've totally somehow missed it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I left it after the first season. I now avoid anything with David Balfour in it. (Haven was his last chance.)
                      "I'm a vegan. "

                      ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        They have some really good programming these days. Some of my favorites (some still going others cancelled)

                        Sanctuary
                        Haven
                        Alpha's
                        Warehouse 13
                        Eureka
                        Anything Stargate

                        I've also heard good things about Lost Girl and Defiance. That said I'm a bit out of the loop on these things as I haven't really been watching a lot of TV lately.
                        I have watched every one of those shows all the way through but still stick to the point that Syfy shows simply do not interest a lot of people. No one else I know would be caught dead watching them. If you can't take the cheesy lines and poor special effects then its not really something you can watch. I like every one of these shows but they are still poor quality in many ways and sanctuary, warehouse 13 and eureka all got pretty bad towards the end. Stargate I love with a passion. All 3 of them even though Atlantis and Universe were not as good. Atlantis seems very canadian too me, maybe they used too many canadian actors and was filmed here. Iunno SG1 just had a much better cast. Universe got the casting right but then kepy them on the damn ship too long and it was kind of boring which is why it got cancelled.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                          Warehouse 13 does sound pretty neat. I just can't believe how much more offerings the US SyFy has versus the Canadian SciFi (does it even exist?).

                          I would like to see more retro shows though - please please please show the original Ultraman!!!!
                          I didn't know there was a canadian syfy? oh wait, do you mean space? yea they just show reruns of the american stuff..but not necessarily just syfy stuff. They will play anything science fiction. For example they place Supernatural which is a CW show....the only CW show you will ever catch me watching too. I stick by the fact that it was ogirinally the WB. lol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            I have watched every one of those shows all the way through but still stick to the point that Syfy shows simply do not interest a lot of people. No one else I know would be caught dead watching them. If you can't take the cheesy lines and poor special effects then its not really something you can watch. I like every one of these shows but they are still poor quality in many ways and sanctuary, warehouse 13 and eureka all got pretty bad towards the end. Stargate I love with a passion. All 3 of them even though Atlantis and Universe were not as good. Atlantis seems very canadian too me, maybe they used too many canadian actors and was filmed here. Iunno SG1 just had a much better cast. Universe got the casting right but then kepy them on the damn ship too long and it was kind of boring which is why it got cancelled.
                            I can pretty much agree to that. That said I think the not so great special effects is why there aren't very many special effects heavy network shows. The budget just isn't there for TV like it is for movies or HBO.

                            Like you I love pretty much anything Stargate, though Universe was my least favorite of those. I think it's problem was it tried to bring the look and feel of Battlestar Galactica to the Stargate series, and it just didn't work.
                            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                            Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

                            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                              I didn't know there was a canadian syfy? oh wait, do you mean space? yea they just show reruns of the american stuff..but not necessarily just syfy stuff. They will play anything science fiction. For example they place Supernatural which is a CW show....the only CW show you will ever catch me watching too. I stick by the fact that it was ogirinally the WB. lol
                              Maybe there isn't, and Space is probably what I was thinking of. I only have basic Bell satellite, so don't get much Bell programming.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X