"Rattlesnakes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Rattlesnakes"

I just read an item that said King has written a novella called Rattlesnakes. King calls it a sequel to Cujo, although the news item I read pointed out that it isn't clear exactly what makes this a sequel. But King is quoted as calling it that.

Not sure when/where this will come out, but I have to say...this should be the method of doing sequels to older works. Use the novella format, or even the short-story format...I always thought that worked well with 'Salem's Lot/One for the Road.

For me, I really want a novella sequel to It. Or even a shorter story. But I was thinking...maybe a book of four novella sequels would be cool. This Rattlesnakes thing could be one, It could be another. Not sure what the other two could be -- as in, what my preference would be. I wouldn't mind a sequel to the short story Everything's Eventual. Or The Jaunt. Maybe The Long Walk, or Carrie. I would also find it fun to read continuations to short tales Obits, or Ur.

This hypothetical novella collection could be called...what? Dark Continuations? Has a little ring to it, but not great. Not good with titles. Anyway, I think this is a cool bit of news...

Excellent news. Not sure I understand how this is a sequel. Maybe adjacent to story with thematic similarities.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Yeah, Ben, I am a bit confused as well, after having read the one detail King has shared about it. You might be correct: maybe set in the same world, but only shares theme. Fun to speculate on it...

Comment

Working...
      X