Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairy Tale-New book September 2022

https://www.simonandschuster.com/boo...cpIZiDzzueGZvQ

Woot. Sounds like a few other of his stories which I love. Looking forward to this one and hopefully someone will eventually do a limited.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

I wonder I f this is related to his short story "Cookie Jar" which was published on Virginia Quarterly? Really enjoyed that story.

Comment

I don't think I've read that one. Need to track it down.

Originally posted by taost33 View Post
      I wonder I f this is related to his short story "Cookie Jar" which was published on Virginia Quarterly? Really enjoyed that story.

Comment

The names in 'Fairy Tale' do not match those in 'Cookie Jar'. Been too long since I read 'Cookie Jar' but the plot line in 'Fairy Tale' sounds vaguely familiar.

For those interested in the Virgina Quarterly mentioned, it is from Spring 2016 and is still available from the publisher. Buy Single Issues | VQR Online

Comment

Thank you for the link. If you click around you can read the story straight from the site. https://www.vqronline.org/fiction/2016/03/cookie-jar

This is one of the better short stories I have read in awhile from SK. I have never really understood how Stephen King can suck me right into his worlds that he creates. While I haven't enjoyed everything he has written there is still something there trying to draw me in. It's like magic.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          The names in 'Fairy Tale' do not match those in 'Cookie Jar'. Been too long since I read 'Cookie Jar' but the plot line in 'Fairy Tale' sounds vaguely familiar.

For those interested in the Virgina Quarterly mentioned, it is from Spring 2016 and is still available from the publisher. Buy Single Issues | VQR Online

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Thank you for the link. If you click around you can read the story straight from the site. https://www.vqronline.org/fiction/2016/03/cookie-jar

This is one of the better short stories I have read in awhile from SK. I have never really understood how Stephen King can suck me right into his worlds that he creates. While I haven't enjoyed everything he has written there is still something there trying to draw me in. It's like magic.

Glad you were able to read it. I remember liking the story but can't recall details. Probably time for a re-read.

Comment

This book sounds very interesting. Could there be a Dark Tower connection? I imagine the streaming rights for this one will be captured in a few days! Surprised there's no news on this yet (surely there will be not long from now), or even a mention at King's website....

Comment

My guess is there will be, at the least, some DT Easter Eggs.

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                This book sounds very interesting. Could there be a Dark Tower connection? I imagine the streaming rights for this one will be captured in a few days! Surprised there's no news on this yet (surely there will be not long from now), or even a mention at King's website....

Comment

I think an SK novel with no DT connection is like an unsigned Joe Hill or Joe Lansdale book.

^^totally in jest as I'm a huge fan of all three

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    I think an SK novel with no DT connection is like an unsigned Joe Hill or Joe Lansdale book.

^^totally in jest as I'm a huge fan of all three
                    Must be a Joe thing. But I don't mind . Agreed about the Tower. All things serve the beam.

Comment

Working...
                    X