Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Screen by Stephen King (Charity ebook)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Screen by Stephen King (Charity ebook)

RED hot off the press, a Stephen King exclusive short story: Red Screen.

We’ve teamed up with legendary author Stephen King for a once in a lifetime opportunity. Presenting, Red Screen, a never before published work, exclusively available through Humble Bundle. In this unsettling short story, a cop interrogates a deranged plumber who just murdered his wife, only to discover something far more insidious. Pay what you want, and support the ACLU.
    A Humble Exclusive: RED SCREEN by Stephen King (pay what you want and help charity) (humblebundle.com)

I'll be very interested to see what people think after they give this one a read.
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      I'll be very interested to see what people think after they give this one a read.
      I enjoyed it. I think some people will dislike it for reasons I will not state at this time.

Comment

I bought it and read it earlier today. It is a very quick read but I liked it. It might be somewhat formulaic and predictable but it still creeped me out. A new short story from Stephen King is always a welcome surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
          I bought it and read it earlier today. It is a very quick read but I liked it. It might be somewhat formulaic and predictable but it still creeped me out. A new short story from Stephen King is always a welcome surprise.
          I think it was predictable but it also had elements that surprised me so that worked for me.

Comment

How many pages is this? I may buy and print. I don't do ebooks.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              How many pages is this? I may buy and print. I don't do ebooks.
              The PDF is 17 pages. I tried sending the Mobi file to my Kindle and the formatting was wonky for some reason, so I just read the PDF.

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Blah. My opinion is that I expect something more from SK.

He still writes well but wish he would come back to Midworld or any ole' story along the path of the beams.

Comment

By the way. Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

The PDF is 17 pages. I tried sending the Mobi file to my Kindle and the formatting was wonky for some reason, so I just read the PDF.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Blah. My opinion is that I expect something more from SK.

He still writes well but wish he would come back to Midworld or any ole' story along the path of the beams.
                    The detective/crime angle appears to be his current sweet spot.

Comment

I'm one of those people that he seems to be fixated on so this story doesn't sit well with me. Very ham-fisted and not particularly creative.

That being said I still like the writing style. Just wish he would have a more measured, and open minded, view of things.

Reasonable people, who are capable of critical thinking and open dialogue, are still around.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

The detective/crime angle appears to be his current sweet spot.

Comment

Saw this just in time. Was debating whether to buy it or not - i.e., would it not be available electronically after the exclusive window expiration until the next story collection - and tried to do a dollar (only because money is very tight at the moment) but since it was for charity, I did the minimum.

Looking forward to reading this, probably in a few days. I sort of know what to expect, from the posts here, in terms of story, I don't want to say quality because King is always a quality writer, but maybe the term I want is entertainment equity, as in the value of the story related to the purchase price? In other words, this may not end up being the most commercial story he's written; still, I'm sure it will be fine, and fun, enough to read. Always like to see where King's next idea has traveled to.

He should do more releases like this, although I would hope for the major digital platforms to be included. Besides doing it for charity, would seem to be a nice revenue enhancer for him, as well, thus maybe incentivizing more commercially-bent tales (imagine reading, as an example to explain what I mean, a story today that made you feel the same way you did as when you read "The Jaunt" for the first time; would love to re-live those earlier-King emotions; nevertheless, I remain a constant, as much as I am able, reader; speaking of which, he one day has to sit down and write a novella called "Constant Reader"; I can only imagine what that would be about...).

Comment

Your comment made me immediately think of this.

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                          I remain a constant, as much as I am able, reader; speaking of which, he one day has to sit down and write a novella called "Constant Reader"; I can only imagine what that would be about...).

Comment

Looking for a copy of red screen I missed out on it when it was out

Comment

Working...
                            X