No announcement yet.

BILLY SUMMERS coming Aug. 3rd, 2021...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copy shipped out from CD. Not sure if I am excited or nervous about reading this one. SK has really been hot or cold with me for several years now. I either really (love the work) or despise and hate it. UTD, Sleeping Beauties, and Elevation, pop into mind as books I think are awful.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      My copy shipped out from CD. Not sure if I am excited or nervous about reading this one. SK has really been hot or cold with me for several years now. I either really (love the work) or despise and hate it. UTD, Sleeping Beauties, and Elevation, pop into mind as books I think are awful.
      I thought Under The Dome was a good book until the end. Of course the end was bad enough to ruin the entire read for me. Sleeping Beauties and Elevation are both middling in my view. With that said I loved Billy Summers.

Comment

Billy Summers was the first King book I've finished in... I honestly can't even remember. It's been a loooong time. Half of the last decade's plus, I could tell (smell?) that I just wasn't interested enough to bother. Having said all of that- I dug it! It kept me turning the pages, and as others have said- it really ramps up about halfway in. I enjoyed the (more than a little) nod to one of his "classic" books, even if it did seem a little grafted on. It just seemed incongruent in an otherwise straightforward thriller, but- F' it, thought it was neat anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X