Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New short interview of Mr. King is Entertainment Weekly:

https://ew.com/tv/stephen-king-inter...-the-outsider/

I missed this post. It was a pretty good interview. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to see an adaption of EOTD. I think it would be fun but only if they can keep it serious and not delve into a teen type show.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      I missed this post. It was a pretty good interview. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to see an adaption of EOTD. I think it would be fun but only if they can keep it serious and not delve into a teen type show.
      I have long that that one could be a great movie or a completely horrible movie based on how they treated the story. Would love to see someone try.

Comment

They don't really make movies like "The Goonies" or "Stand by Me" these days but I think it would fit in well with these if done right.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have long that that one could be a great movie or a completely horrible movie based on how they treated the story. Would love to see someone try.

Comment

They don't really make movies like "The Goonies" or "Stand by Me" these days but I think it would fit in well with these if done right.

You nailed it there!

A completely unrelated side note. A couple of lifetimes ago when on vacation in Cannon Beach Oregon we took a trip up to Ecola Park and were stopped at the entrance. The guard explained that we could not drive in but we could walk in and watch. Not understanding what they were talking about we asked for clarification. The person explained that Steven Spielberg was filming his next movie here today. We could walk around and watch but would be restricted from certain areas at times. We parked and walked in. The first thing we noticed was this large building at the crest of the hill that had not been there but it looked very old and real. We went up and looked at it. It was two walls, front and one side, propped up from behind. Literally no building. To this day that spot has some small concrete slabs that I believe were put in place for that structure. The second thing we noticed were several giant fans on flatbed trucks. They were parked and not in use. I have ben to that park several hundred times. The wind has been calm up there maybe half a dozen times so I doubt the fans were ever used. A short while after we arrived there was some commotion and some kids and Spielberg went to a spot where some equipment was set up and some bicycles lay on the hillside. The photo is from them prepping for that scene. I now know that this is the scene when the boys arrive at the old structure just before going down and finding the ship. I have this photo displayed in my den, somewhere I have more photos from this day but have no clue where they are.

DSC_0386 (002).JPG

Comment

That is really cool. Movie magic happened and you were able to be there for some of it.

Comment

That is really cool. Movie magic happened and you were able to be there for some of it.
              I realize that now. At the time I was perturbed as I wanted to have a nice lunch at one of the picnic benches. The benches had all been removed to shoot the scene. I hope I still have photos of the structure as it was remarkable how real it looked. When I watch the movie I still marvel that the building was only two walls.

Comment

If you ever come across the photo I wouldn't mind seeing it. Sounds interesting.

Comment

If you ever come across the photo I wouldn't mind seeing it. Sounds interesting.
                  I am currently going through old photos for other reasons. If I encounter them I will add them to my collectors thread here. There is a chance I no longer have them.

Comment

Working...
                  X