Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which two Bachman and/or King stories would you like as a Limited Edition ACE Double?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_last_gunslinger
    replied
    Dolores Claiborne and Gerald's Game. Neither are exactly favorites of mine, though I do prefer the latter of the two choices, but they were always intended to be published as one volume, with the title, In the Path of the Eclipse. Publishing them together, especially if the original title could be used would be nice.
    Last edited by the_last_gunslinger; 06-18-2011, 02:19 PM. Reason: unintentionally wrote "titled" instead of "title"

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by pixie View Post
    I think that this would be an awesome idea. In additon to the stories, you maybe could include bios of the people who go the house a 249 E 35th street. (I would love to hear Stevens bio!) You could also show pictures of the house and the different rooms inside the house.
    Pixie, that is one of the best ideas I've read on this board! I've always though of Uncle Stevie as a butler showing me around the rooms of his imagination! Course it would work great as an illustrated LE, too!

The Gold Ballroom, suuuh! Step up to the bah, there's a tale in ev'ry bottle...

Leave a comment:

• pixie
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    The Breathing Method (my favorite from Different Seasons) and The Man Who Would Not Shake Hands. Both concern the house at 249 E 35th street. There may be other short stories that are told in the house, but TMWWNSH is the only that comes to mind right now.
    I think that this would be an awesome idea. In additon to the stories, you maybe could include bios of the people who go the house a 249 E 35th street. (I would love to hear Stevens bio!) You could also show pictures of the house and the different rooms inside the house.

Leave a comment:

• misery chastain loves co.
    replied
    The Long Walk-this might really be where "reality" television is heading in the future!
    Rage-for the past and sadly, the present.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    The Breathing Method (my favorite from Different Seasons) and The Man Who Would Not Shake Hands. Both concern the house at 249 E 35th street. There may be other short stories that are told in the house, but TMWWNSH is the only that comes to mind right now.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by AY_gunslinger View Post
    That, at least, has a common thread to the stories...
    I wonder what the size of the physical book would be though if this was done, but if this gives someone up top the idea and they do it, I think I should get a copy for free, lol That's not too much to ask, is it?

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by AY_gunslinger View Post
    You would look funny carry that in your back pocket!
    lol, I don't put books in my back pocket anyway. I have been known to put paperback novels in my larger front pockets in the past to take to work and read during my breaks, but that was a while ago (I don't work long enough for breaks right now). That was only with books I didn't worry about damaging though obviously, but it did limit me to paperbacks when I prefer hardcover

Leave a comment:

• AY_gunslinger
    replied
    That, at least, has a common thread to the stories...

Yes, it would fit in my Kindle, but it wouldn't fit in my back pocket.

Leave a comment:

• AY_gunslinger
    replied
    You would look funny carry that in your back pocket!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I think it'd be cool to see Desperation and The Regulators. Same characters, different story. Might be a little on the long side for that though

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    The Long Walk / Rose Madder - these stories really go together to me, and they are some of my favs!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I'm not even sure that would be possible. It'd have to be the trim size of like Knowing Darkness or something....
    Agreed, but a guy can dream!!! LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Oops, I didn't realize we could make our own selection here.
    I'd go for The Mist plus Apt Pupil.

sk

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    1. The Stand
    2. IT

Sure, I may need someone to help me flip it over, but that would be some book!!!
    I'm not even sure that would be possible. It'd have to be the trim size of like Knowing Darkness or something....

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    1. The Stand
    2. IT

Sure, I may need someone to help me flip it over, but that would be some book!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X