No announcement yet.

30th Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary - PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last update i recall was that it was with the printers, so progress at least.

Comment

On the PS website it says November 2013, but nothing more specific than that.

Comment

I can't wait for Pet Sematary to be released, if it's anywhere near as good as Christine it will be totally awesome!!!!!!
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Some awesome news folks...

I spoke to Pete today at PS Publishing and he has confirmed that the first 200 copies of Pet Sematary have now arrived from the printers, and they will start shipping this week to arrive in time for Christmas.
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

That is great news! I will have to wait a bit longer, as I pre-ordered through a distributor, but man am I excited.

Comment

Awesome!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I finished my copy of Christine last night and noticed it had a quality control issue - there was a section of pages that weren't aligned properly, so the last sentence on the page was actually half cut off horizontally. No big deal, but the printer should have caught that.

Comment

what page # was that?
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    what page # was that?
                    I can look later. It was a section that started around page 500, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Ouch!, Hopefully it's just the one copy, and PS can replace it. Hopefully no problems with Pet Sematary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                        I finished my copy of Christine last night and noticed it had a quality control issue - there was a section of pages that weren't aligned properly, so the last sentence on the page was actually half cut off horizontally. No big deal, but the printer should have caught that.
                        I have checked my copy and it's fine, so I think this might be an isolated occurrence. Are you able to post some photographs of the pages affected?

I am sure if you contact Pete at PS Publishing he will rectify this situation for you. He is a great guy and very approachable.
                        - Stephen King

Comment

Or maybe even keep it so you have the ultra-rare misprinted edition

Comment

I flipped through mine (before I read the 500 page post) and it seemed to be fine. Tomorrow's my day off; I'll do a closer look then.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                              I have checked my copy and it's fine, so I think this might be an isolated occurrence. Are you able to post some photographs of the pages affected?

I am sure if you contact Pete at PS Publishing he will rectify this situation for you. He is a great guy and very approachable.
                              I'll take a couple of pics tonight or tomorrow. I forgot all about it last night...I ended up cleaning my bike and replacing the chain and cassette. I had almost 4,000 miles on the chain and it was stretched to the limit.

As to the book, I don't need to have it replaced...it's still readable.

I remember buying The Dark Half in hardcover when it first came out (back in Ireland) and there was one section of the book that was in there twice, but also a good 40 or 50 pages missing because of that. If I'd had the money to just buy another copy I'd have kept it as an oddball collectable, but I just exchanged it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                                I can look later. It was a section that started around page 500, if I remember correctly.
                                I was wrong, it started on page 402 and ended around 432. Here are a few pics.P1070422.jpgP1070423.jpgP1070424.jpgP1070425.jpgP1070426.jpgP1070427.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X