11/22/63 movie news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11/22/63 movie news

Has anyone been following the 11/22/63 movie news? Do we already have a thread for it?

The latest news from Lilja:

http://liljas-library.com/article.php?id=3381

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Interesting. Personally, I think King should have butted out. There's a BIG difference between what makes a good movie and what makes a good novel. When it comes to movies, I'd place my trust in Demme over King any day of the week and twice on Sunday. But I'm sure a B- or C-list director will bow to King's wishes.
    Last edited by srboone; 12-09-2012, 04:11 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm curious as to what storylines Demme wanted, and wanted to leave out.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
        I'm curious as to what storylines Demme wanted, and wanted to leave out.
        Same here. I'm not sure what could be cut that wouldn't impact the rest of the story. I know it was a BIG book, but I liked the whole thing pretty much. Maybe some parts could be shortened some. I think a story like this needs at least a 4 hour miniseries though, as opposed to a 2 hour movie. There is too much to tell in that short time.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

3 hr movie is always an option these days though. I think King should have his input because how many have we seen where something very important got left out of the movie when something much less important could have been easily left out. Maybe King was right maybe the other guy was but we will never know unless someone says specifically what they were disagreeing about. On the upside...this means I have all kinds of time to get around to reading it. lol.

Comment

Looking at the most basic description of the book, most Hollywood types would whittle this book down to the assassination attempt and Jake hunting Oswald. Of course, Jake and Sadie's story is the more intersting one. In a single release movie you'd also have to drastically cut back on the other trips, too.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I think it could be done decently in 2 1/2 hours. But King adaptations belong (for the most) on the small screen, shich is where I think it will ultimately end up....
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Looking at the most basic description of the book, most Hollywood types would whittle this book down to the assassination attempt and Jake hunting Oswald. Of course, Jake and Sadie's story is the more intersting one. In a single release movie you'd also have to drastically cut back on the other trips, too.
                Couldn't have said it better myself. I think this is exactly what would happen.

Comment

Yeah, and this is why I think it should be a long miniseries. If the stuff with Sadie was cut it would not do the book justice at all. I will still want to see it no matter what, but my expectations would not be high at all if major things like that were cut.
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Interesting news. Have to think that Demme passed up a big payday.

Comment

Yeah, this is probably better suited to a miniseries ala Bag of Bones.

Comment

Hopefully NOT like Bag of Bones, but it should be a mini-series.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Hopefully NOT like Bag of Bones, but it should be a mini-series.
                          Cut BOB some slack. Not to bad but yes you are right. If and when 11/22/63 is developed I hope it is not like BOB.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I didn't think BOB was too bad. Not one of the best, but not horrible. It's also been a while since I read it, so might dislike it more if I had the book fresh on my mind, which is what I really dislike The Da Vinci Code movie.
                            Spoiler!

Comment

BOB was dreadful, almost as bad as The Tommyknockers mini-series, I really like Garris as a writer/producer but as a director...well I just hope that King branches out for 11/22/63 and gives someone else a chance to direct his material

Comment

Working...
                              X