Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King novel most in need of a signed limited edition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't find the ones I saw, but I remember something being said about it all. And the ones for the last few books were more readily available, but perhaps I am confusing it with some other edition.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
      I'm pretty sure. I've seen something on Ebay, but maybe I am confused. Check out this website, that lists this...

The Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass – Hodder and Stoughton 1997 (UK).
      Number 489 of 500 signed and numbered copies. Signed by King on a fixed bookplate. Issued in standard H&S style with a leather cover and matching slipcase. Mint in Mint slipcase. £295

http://stephenkinglimitededitions.blogspot.com/

I have this book and maybe it's leather, but not sure doesn't feel nor smell that way to me.
      The smell of true leather is unmistakable.

sk

Comment

WOW! I'll have to look at your collection again. It must be incredible. Ya, I only remember because when one of the later books came out, I saw an advert of an edition on his website. And it was so tempting. I even discussed it with the wife. I am unsure of who put it out or the exact edition, but as you can tell I had to pass. Good thing to, as i ended up needing the money for a car.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I think there was a Stephen King book called "Time" or something to do with time that had a clock on the front cover that was supposed to be super-expensive right out of the gate. Anyone heard of it?

Comment

My Pretty Pony

sk

Comment

I'd love to see something for THE LONG WALK.
              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

lol wow that's what "Time" is? I've never been an expert on King; I just decided to collect the limiteds for investment reasons. All I have of My Pretty pony, is the one in the cheap cardboard slipcase.

Comment

I'd love to see a signed limited edition of The Shining, which would include the "Prequel" that was published in Whispers and the long-lost "Sequel".

John

Comment

I never knew there was a prequel of sorts to 'The Shining'! Could you please give me some more info John because i would love to read it?

Comment

isn't the prequel to The Shining fan fiction? I read multi-part story on line about Charles Grady...and are yo urefering to Dr. Sleep as the long lost sequel? Personally, I rather just have an illustraed edition of The Shining...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The prequel was first published as "Before the Play" in Whispers #17/18 in December of 1982. It consisted of a number (five, I think) of vignettes concerning various happenings in the Overlook. All but one of them were reprinted in April 26-May 2, 1997 issue of TV Guide when the miniseries of The Shining was broadcast. (I heard that it was cut from the original publication because it would have added another dollar to the cost of the book.)

The sequel was written by King as a four-page item entitled "After", dated 10/13/84 and signed by King, that was never published, then disappeared. It was offered for sale in an auction (with the typescript of "Before the Play") quite a while ago. I'm sure someone, somewhere, has it, but...

John
                        Last edited by jhanic; 07-27-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Might have to find me a copy of that Whispers so i can have a read, thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                            Might have to find me a copy of that Whispers so i can have a read, thanks for the info!
                            I'm sure it would be easier to find the TV Guide edition. There's probably several on e-bay or such sites at any given time. Betts Bookstore was selling copies with Bangor listings when it was first released.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

My problem with that is that all the stuff isn't in the tv guide. An i right?

Comment

Yes, you're right. I'm pretty sure the TV Guide had 3 of the vignettes, with some illustrations. I remember one was about a couple in one of the haunted rooms, and another was about Jack and his father. I think the other might have been about the mafia guys, but I think King covered that part of the story pretty well in the novel.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X