Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misery chastain loves co.
    replied
    FUN!! While I agree with others that the list can vary depending on mood and other assorted factors IT and Night Shift will always be in my Top 5, today I also voted for Cell(apparently the only vote this received) The Revised Stand(sorry Squire, I'll buy you a beer ) and.....and.....I can't remember! I got sidetracked reading the stand against the revised Stand!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    /\ ... (a) YES .. I have ... (b) NO ... contemplating size is not an issue ----- thus, please review the many varied meanings of the word "assumption" and it's relative application within the context of the cosmoverse thingy - then smoke it

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    And I'm guessing that of those who voted for the revised version of The Stand, half have never read the original version and the other half are operating under the delusion that bigger is better!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I never said that. I just said that, the Frannie stuff notwithstanding, the uncut version diminishes the moral gravity and the overall effectiveness of the classic story. While greatly ehancing the character of Frannie Goldsmiith.
    Last edited by srboone; 05-04-2012, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Wait, wait, how can Squire always be right since he doesn't agree with ME on everything. It's a known fact that I'm always right!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Either that or the fact that you hold onto the silly belief that The Stand Uncut isn't a classic story.
    Of course, meaning that I'm right and all who disagree with me are wrong, but that's what makes the world interesting!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Of course, meaning that I'm right and all who disagree with me are wrong, but that's what makes the world interesting!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    As shown by your views on The Stand Uncut.
    It's OK, because DTII (my favorite DT book) is out pacing W&G. Besides, the world would be a boring place if everybody shared my opinions--I mean, some people have to be wrong. Right?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    It's OK, because DTII (my favorite DT book) is out pacing W&G. Besides, the world would be a boring place if everybody shared my opinions--I mean, some people have to be wrong. Right?
    DTII was also my favorite Dark Tower book.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I mean, some people have to be wrong. Right?
    I feel for you, Squire. You wanna talk about it??

sk
    Last edited by frik51; 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I betcha Squire's absolutely rapt at the performance of W & G in the poll, hey matey ????

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I love Tom gordon's simplicity and always say its my favorite
    Maybe I should re-read this book. So far, it's my least-favorite of King's works.
    (sorry...)

sk

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    And I'm guessing that of those who voted for the revised version of The Stand, half have never read the original version
    Glad I'm one of the exceptions here, Squire. The original version is the one that bowled me over. To this day I remember reading it, marvelling at King's awesome end-of-the world-as-we-know-it vision, being creeped-out by Flagg (what a softie he had become near the end of the Dark Tower cycle) - the total unique-ness of this book.

And yes, I did vote for the uncut version.

sk

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    Well, to take that a step further, I would guess that in everyone's top 5, the first book they read is there. Again, just a guess, but it seems like whatever a person reads of stephen's, it tends to hook them for life more often than not.
    Not in my case. Carrie's the first book by King I ever read, and though I liked it, the cut The Stand did the hooking-for-life bit...

sk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X