• Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.hardcasecrime.com/books_b...?title=Joyland

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ne...ase-crime.html

Thanks to the people at TDT.org.

John

Comment

Saw this via Liljas facebook today. Very excited and disapointed at the same time. Not a fan of paperbacks. Didnt expect it to be so soon though. June 2013 sounds good to me. It'll prob take me til then to get through Doctor Sleep when it comes out.

Comment

Hard Case Crime is the same line that published The Colorado Kid, isn't it? That means there'll be a paperback and then someone will do a S/L....
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Sure is. and hopefully if someone does a limited I will have some damn money for once. lol

Comment

Umm... hate to say it, but I don't think it sounds all that great. Just my opinion. I wish King would write more horror and less "human condition".

Comment

Well, I'll give it a chance. But I prefer his hard-core horror books too.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Sounds like the good basis for a horrific book. Clowns, serial killers, and an amusement park. Mix it up and it screams scary to me.

Comment

Sounds like its just gonna be a mystery based around some intricate? (I can't spell) characters. I love when he gets right into the characters but sometimes he goes to far into the characters and not enough into the story. I'd say its gonna be an intriguing story, full of gret characters, maybe a good twist or two but nothing scary.

Comment

I loved the last story he published with Hard Case Crimes so I am looking forward to this one.

Comment

Same here. TCK was one of his best in the new century.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well The Colorado Kid was bascially everything I just said, Intriguing, Great characters, not scary. There was no twist because there was no end or outcome rather but a great story.

Comment

I really liked The Colorado Kid as well.
                          Nothing earth shattering, but an intimate (sort of) captivating story.

sk

Comment

Agree I really loved The Colorado Kid.I think Joyland sounds interesting.looking forward to it being released.

Comment

Thought I would add the cover art to this thread:
                              joyland_full.jpg

Comment

Can't wait for June.

Comment

Working...
                                X