Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I could not put it down.Great read.
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I thought TCK was masterful. King's love of character is on full display in the book.

Comment

So, Squire, the next Limited Edition is the 35th Anniversary of The Stand (Complete, Uncut, Newly Revised, Crossed With TCK with Added Thinny) is this correct ???

Comment

As long as King sends it off to a professional editor and doesn't try to do it himself.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

It's at the editor as we speak - how can it possibly be wrong ????

3671857988_86f654cbfa.jpg

Comment

Lol, what did you google to find that one Grant!?

Comment

"Scary toilet paper" (google's smart, I'm not)

Comment

I had looked for it under" Michael Myers in the toilet" and couldn't find it; but "scary toilet " works!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm afraid to google scary toilet... Probably lots of shit would come up.

Anyway, got thinking about Joyland... Maybe the serial killer will be controlled/motivated by Pennywise. Would be cool if it had an IT tie in.

Comment

I've kinda wondered the same thing. By the time this is released, it will be time for the "It" cycle to come around again. Frankly I don't think "It" needs a continuation or sequel, but the possibility is there. Derry's a big enough town to support an amusement park, no?
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

It said serial killer which makes me believe its human. But I'd be ok if it were the same species as pennywise but not him.like Randall flagg...bit not him either. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        I've kinda wondered the same thing. By the time this is released, it will be time for the "It" cycle to come around again. Frankly I don't think "It" needs a continuation or sequel, but the possibility is there. Derry's a big enough town to support an amusement park, no?
                        Good point, the possibility is there. I don't think IT "needs" a sequel/continuation as well, but I'm open to the idea and have enough faith in King that if he did go back to Pennywise it would not disappoint and it would be for a logical reason. i sure would not mind if he did.

Comment

I'll start saving for the s/l edition...unless someone gifts one to me

Comment

All sorts of possibilities guys (although, funnily enough, the Pennywise option appeals, on a personal level, for some reason I'm unable to articulate - although, a reappearance of Randall Flagg would not be unwelcome either - I, for one, would like to know how he faired with the natives, coconuts, bananas, etc he was left with to build his world anew subsequent to the finale of The Stand) - (both versions ).

Comment

I don't see Pennywise in this, but the equivalent of "Burny" Burnside from Black House, controlled by an entity of the Crimson King, seems to me to be more possible.

John

Comment

An article about Joyland:

Stephen King to Publish New Novel with Hard Case Crime
                                By Jason Boog on May 30, 2012 2:52 AM
                                Stephen King will release a new novel with the pulp fiction publisher, Hard Case Crime. Publication is set for June 2013, and there will be no eBook edition initially.

King explained in a statement: “I love crime, I love mysteries, and I love ghosts. That combo made Hard Case Crime the perfect venue for this book, which is one of my favorites. I also loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we’re going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book.”

The mystery will include a cover art from James Bond poster artist Robert McGinnis and Hard Case Crime cover artist Glen Orbik.

Here’s more about the book, from the release: “Set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, JOYLAND tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.”

Comment

Working...
                                X