Questions Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    It is. For some reaon I thought the snake was the cover of the Z paperback. That's what prompted the question, but I was wrong. I'm kinda confused about the spine art, they don't seem to go together, but I'm probably wrong again. Maybe I can e-mail Paul and see if he has a pic of what it is supposed to be...
    Maybe when the picture is done, UM and Fear don't actually sit next to each other?? Maybe they're being sneaky!!!

Comment

I thought of that, that's when I thought of emailing Paul. Haven't had time to do it,yet.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ron~You have noted that you write southern fried horror. Are there any writing tricks (styles) you use to convey the "southern" feel or does this come naturally from you when writing?
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I thought of that, that's when I thought of emailing Paul. Haven't had time to do it,yet.
          No, actually, it does match... if you know what you're looking for.

I won't reveal the nature of the entire spine-picture. Just think of a landscape and look at the two spines again. Dark night sky above, rolling Tennessee hill below...

Also, each spine holds an image from the storyline of that particular book. UM sports a tombstone, while Fear is the slimy gray tenticle of the thing lurking beneath the kudzu...

Hope this helps solve the mystery some.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
            Ron~You have noted that you write southern fried horror. Are there any writing tricks (styles) you use to convey the "southern" feel or does this come naturally from you when writing?
            Truthfully, I really don't think about it all. I reckon it all comes natural. I tend to channel my life experiences in Tennessee, my youth, the folks around me and those I've known in the past, the nature of the region around me, etc. I'm a firm believer in "you write what you know". When I was writing the "Be A Star" stories for clients of CD, I actually had to restrain my natural tendancy to write in a "Southern accent". Since most of the subjects of the stories were Northerners, I had to adjust my writing style to accommodate that mind-set. The same with the stories I wrote for folks who lived in Canada, Germany, and Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
              No, actually, it does match... if you know what you're looking for.

I won't reveal the nature of the entire spine-picture. Just think of a landscape and look at the two spines again. Dark night sky above, rolling Tennessee hill below...

Also, each spine holds an image from the storyline of that particular book. UM sports a tombstone, while Fear is the slimy gray tenticle of the thing lurking beneath the kudzu...

Hope this helps solve the mystery some.
              Once I got the books on a shelf, instead of holding them together, it started to make sense. Can't wait to see the finished piece!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

What's life like in your town, Ron? Are you a celebrity? Are you regular ol' Ron? Is it possible for you to be RoR? Do people watch you out of the corner of their eyes? Are you a boogeyman parents use to keep children under control? Do kids scare each with with stories about you (or with your stories)? Always wondered about that...
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                  Truthfully, I really don't think about it all. I reckon it all comes natural. I tend to channel my life experiences in Tennessee, my youth, the folks around me and those I've known in the past, the nature of the region around me, etc. I'm a firm believer in "you write what you know". When I was writing the "Be A Star" stories for clients of CD, I actually had to restrain my natural tendancy to write in a "Southern accent". Since most of the subjects of the stories were Northerners, I had to adjust my writing style to accommodate that mind-set. The same with the stories I wrote for folks who lived in Canada, Germany, and Australia.
                  Thank you very much for the reply. I'm guessing this is why there is a truthful feel to your writing.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

What's life like in your town, Ron? Are you a celebrity? Are you regular ol' Ron? Is it possible for you to be RoR? Do people watch you out of the corner of their eyes? Are you a boogeyman parents use to keep children under control? Do kids scare each with with stories about you (or with your stories)? Always wondered about that...
                    No... not a celebrity around here in Brush Creek, Squire. Not at all. Just plain ol' Ron. In everyday life, I'm sort of quiet and a bit introverted (my wife, Joyce, is the outgoing one). So I'm not much for blowing my own horn... especially if there's blood dripping from it. A few folks in the area know that I write, but they don't make a big deal about it... which I prefer. A handful of people at my church know that I write, but don't know what I write (which I also prefer, since I'm active with youth projects and write and direct the Christmas play every year, and I'm not sure they would want me to continue to do that if, say, they read AFTER THE BURN or THE SICK STUFF.)

My in-laws don't care anything about books, so they've never been the least bit impressed with my being an author (is that a twinge of bitterness I hear, Ron?). In fact, my sister-in-law, told them, back when Joyce and I was dating, that only devil worshippers write horror and they believed it for a while. Also, when I was writing full time back in the early 90's, they pretty much thought I was a bum and had no job, although I had books in every Wal-Mart in the country. But enough about that...

Perhaps children would be scared of me if I toted copies of Undertaker's Moon and Fear around under my arm and then, cackling insanely, chased them, holding the books outstretched, making growling werewolf noises and snake-critter hisses. My kids certainly aren't afraid of me. Maybe they would be, if I wrote them into a story...

Comment

Ok, then. Mum's the word if I ever find myself in Brush Creek!

Thanks for taking the time and good luck with all the projects you got on your platter.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Good question Squire! And a great response from Ron of course!

Comment

I found a screenplay based on Fear online. How long has that been hanging around unproduced? Or did you not know about it?
                          Last edited by srboone; 11-19-2011, 03:00 AM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

A screenwriter in L.A. optioned the rights for FEAR a couple of years back and submitted the script to numerous production companies for a while, without success.

I'm actually surprised that it's out there in cyber-space where anyone can read it. I'd appreciate it if you'd give me the link, Squire, so I can check it out myself.

Comment

I PMed you the link, Ron.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Ron, did any one remember?

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...5376#post15376
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X