Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the Burn

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    It is a beautiful book. I wish the title had been printed on the spine of the cover so it could be itentified on a bookshelf and because of the short endflaps the cover kept falling off when I read it; but I suppose these are minor quibbles. It's an exceptional work, both in the writing and design.
    Hmm, I can see what you mean about the flaps. I think the spine being the way it is makes it different and interesting. The only thing that I didn't really like about the book, was the white end papers. But then again I don't like white end papers on any book. I feel a bit of color and texture makes a world of difference in "perceived" quality. That being said I think it's a fantastic looking book, the binding is superb and I love the design / artwork.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

    Comment


      #62
      I agree, Dan. I didn't particularly like the white endpapers either. I think a gold or burnished orange color would have been much better and matched the earthy tones of Zach's cover painting.

      Comment


        #63
        BTW, I have an extra author's copy of After the Burn I'm willing to sell if anyone's interested. I'll even inscribe it for you. Just shoot me a message and I'll fix you up.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Hmmm...I only have ATB from Thunderstorm, so I'll have to wait a bit on that one. Are all of their titles are like that?
          Only the Black Voltage line are oversized with the spine art and little end flaps.

          Comment


            #65
            Finished up After the Burn last night and I have to say it was great. I particularly thought Popsicle Man and Paradise Pill were excellent tales and made the book a worthwhile read all by themselves. Thanks Mr. Kelly!
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
              Finished up After the Burn last night and I have to say it was great. I particularly thought Popsicle Man and Paradise Pill were excellent tales and made the book a worthwhile read all by themselves. Thanks Mr. Kelly!
              Thank you, hoss. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

              Comment


                #67
                Just finished this, and was reminded of why Ronald is one of my favorite writers. Excellent short story collection.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Ron~Is there any chance that we may see a continuation of the Popsicle Man? I thought there may be more to his story that would be worth telling.

                  Thanks,

                  copefiend2 aka Tim M
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                    Ron~Is there any chance that we may see a continuation of the Popsicle Man? I thought there may be more to his story that would be worth telling.

                    Thanks,

                    copefiend2 aka Tim M
                    I'd love to do more with the Popsicle Man, Tim. This was one of the shorter stories in ATB and, at the end, it left me wondering "What happened to this guy and why is his face so messed up under the mask?" If I ever decide to do an ATB II, rest assured, PM will make another appearance, with punji popsicle sticks and freon gun in hand.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                      I'd love to do more with the Popsicle Man, Tim. This was one of the shorter stories in ATB and, at the end, it left me wondering "What happened to this guy and why is his face so messed up under the mask?" If I ever decide to do an ATB II, rest assured, PM will make another appearance, with punji popsicle sticks and freon gun in hand.
                      That's great and thanks for the reply. I would love to see more of his backstory and continue to read about him kicking some sicko ass.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        By the way, for anyone interested, I have a couple of copies of the Thunderstorm edition of AFTER THE BURN without the signature sheet that I'm willing to sell for a fair price. If you'd like to read the book, but don't necessarily care to look at my ugly mug, then this might be right up your alley. Of course, I'll be more than happy to sign and inscribe the title page for you.

                        If you're interested, give me a holler and I'll be glad to fix you up.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                          By the way, for anyone interested, I have a couple of copies of the Thunderstorm edition of AFTER THE BURN without the signature sheet that I'm willing to sell for a fair price. If you'd like to read the book, but don't necessarily care to look at my ugly mug, then this might be right up your alley. Of course, I'll be more than happy to sign and inscribe the title page for you.

                          If you're interested, give me a holler and I'll be glad to fix you up.
                          I would love to get my hands on a copy, but your inbox is full!

                          Comment


                            #73
                            I've emptied my inbox and sent you a message in reply, Peter.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              I'd love to get a hold of one these, but that would require having money to spend on books, lol. One of these days I will get my hands on this and others such as Hell Hollow
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Still got one copy of ATB left, if anyone's interested.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X