Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    *sigh*, I just wanted to say to you that no matter what hateful thing your step-whatever (I don't want to call her a mother as that is a term of endearment) chooses to do without your input and opinion (which is totally disrespectful to you and your father), do not stoop to her level of ignorance or obnoxious selfishness.

I'm sorry if I overstep a boundary by saying this, but losing someone is a vulnerable and fragile time for kids and they need love and understanding and respect and they need to be listened to. I don't care if that kid is a grown man with a family of his own. For your peace, take the high road and know that your dad is always with you no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• Ronald Kelly
    replied
    Thanks for your support, guys. It's really a blessing.

Leave a comment:

• Ron K
    replied
    Ron,

I lost my father unexpectedly last September. In some ways, my family is still working through the grief. I pray that God finds you all where you are and provides you comfort and clarity during this very difficult time.

Ron K

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Ron, I am one of the ones waiting for Beneath the Bed and do not worry about that. Take care of your family and yourself first. Our packages can wait.

Leave a comment:

• Ronald Kelly
    replied
    Thank you, Hedda and Randy. Your kind words are much appreciated.

For those out there waiting on auction books and copies of Beneath the Bed to be shipped, I'll get back to it next week. This week has been a total bust as far as getting anything done is concerned. Things have been incredibly stressful the past few days. To make a long story short, my step-mother converted to Mormonish when my father was first diagonosed with Alzheimers and the normal events of visitation/funeral/burial aren't going the usual route that most Southern mournings take place. She's even threatening to cremate him and have no service at all, which would deny me closure (she and I don't get along to the barn and back). It's frustrating and depressing at the same time. Sorry for burdening y'all with my problems.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    So very sorry for you and your family's tragic loss, Ron. My prayers are for you. Randy D.

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    You don't know me from a hole in the wall, but I am so very sorry. Losing someone you love is painful and surreal. I send you and your family prayers and strength to get through the days ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Ronald Kelly
    replied
    Thanks so much, my friends. I appreciate your kindness.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Very sorry to hear about your loss Ron! Hang in there and all the best to you and your family!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Ron, so sorry to hear about your loss. We'll keep you and yours in our hearts and prayers. Best.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    God bless you and your family, Ron. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Ron, I am sorry. Thinking of you - and having you and your family in my prayers.

God bless,

Siep

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I'm very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• rjmyers
    replied
    You will be in my prayers as well Ron. God bless.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X