"Beneath the Bed" Fund-Raising Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Beneath the Bed" Fund-Raising Story

I'm starting a fund-raising project to raise money for my daughter Reilly's People-to-People Student Ambassador trip to Europe this summer and wanted to give folks here at the CD forum a head's up, before I get the ball rolling full-force.

I've written a short-short story called "Beneath the Bed", which I'm planning on printing on heavy-grade paper (suitable for framing!) and using it as an incentive to garner modest $10 donations (plus $3 for postage). This story would be limited to 250 copies, and would be signed, dated, and numbered by myself. Also I will be embellishing the page with some genuine Ron Kelly artwork. This story will be published one time and one time only for this fund-raising project. After that, it will be permanently retired and, hopefully, make the story something of a collector's item.

The response to this fund-raiser has already been phenomenal, so copies are going fast.

If you're interested, you can contact me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to fix you up.

Thank you!

Sold!!

Comment

E-mail sent! This sounds like a great idea
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Yay!!! Another framable Kelly short! A companion for my "The Halloween Train" picture.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Great idea Mr. Kelly! I hope this is a huge success for you and your daughter.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The fund-raising project is going great, with over thirty donations yesterday. Woke up this morning to find more in my inbox. It looks like "Beneath the Bed" will be a huge success. Thanks so much to all who have come to Reilly's aid. It looks like her dream will come true after all.

If you haven't gotten yours yet, I still have plenty left... but they're going fast. I'd say within the next three days, all 250 copies will be accounted for. If you're interested, message me and I'll fix you up.

Comment

Glad to hear it's going well, Ron! Hope you're feeling better.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Awesome, congrats on the success so far. When do you anticipate these will go out?
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

I'm going to wait until all 250 numbers are accounted for, then start to work on production. Hopefully I can start sending them out by mid-March or sooner.

Comment

I would like one very much.

Comment

Copies of "Beneath the Bed" are halfway gone now, so folks who want one need to give me a holler before they're all gone. This story will only see print this ONE time. After that, it either becomes an ancient memory or a cherished artifact (don't ask me which at this point).

Reilly wants to thank you all for the wonderful response to this fund-raiser. She really appreciates it. Also, she's right proud that her dear old dad came up with the idea, since you can only sell so many candy bars and Yankee candles before the neighbors start to say "Oh, no! Close the curtains! Here comes that Kelly girl!"

Comment

Tell Reilly we're glad to do it, Ron. But we will demand updates, and pictures as the process goes along!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You've got it, Squire. But more than likely, you'll just open your mailbox and it'll be there. After the 250 spots are taken, I'm planning on completing this project rather swiftly and getting them out to those who made donations. And I promise... you'll get them a helluva lot faster than you got your copies of UM and Fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                            You've got it, Squire. But more than likely, you'll just open your mailbox and it'll be there. After the 250 spots are taken, I'm planning on completing this project rather swiftly and getting them out to those who made donations. And I promise... you'll get them a helluva lot faster than you got your copies of UM and Fear.
                            That's great news! Of course I think the wait on the books was certainly well worth it. It was obvious that you put a heckuva lot of time into those.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Really looking forward to this, Ron. I looked beneath my bed this afternoon and found the sock I thought my dryer ate a month ago! That was very horrifying!

1048115-Cartoon-Boy-Holding-A-Smelly-Sock-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

Can't wait to see what you've conjured up!

Spoiler!
                              Last edited by srboone; 02-16-2012, 04:17 AM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X