No announcement yet.

DIGITAL 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the risk of waking a dead horse I have a question. Is there any plan to get out the individual stories?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      At the risk of waking a dead horse I have a question. Is there any plan to get out the individual stories?
      Yes there is. I'm planning on getting caught up on D50 this year, with some new releases too.
      http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

That would certainly be good news!
        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post

Yes there is. I'm planning on getting caught up on D50 this year, with some new releases too.
          Thank you for the response.

Comment

I came looking for that answer after discovering my email in the way back folder, glad to hear it's still on....

I recommend Mr. Burke's Twitter feed. It's one of my favorites.

Comment

I see KPB is teasing a limited release of one of his most popular titles. Looks like it will be announced next week.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I see I dropped this in a wrong thread however I think it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  I see KPB is teasing a limited release of one of his most popular titles. Looks like it will be announced next week.
                  Man, I am so in for this. I love KPB and am still kicking myself for not picking up Suntup's Guests (which is, however, on my aftermarket watch list). He states it's a "signed limited edition of one of his most popular titles, and will include a brand new prequel novella." If it's Kin, I already own the CD edition, but might have to pick this up just for the prequel depending on price point. Maybe this post lends more credence to theory that Suntup's April announcement will be KPB. If this going to be from Suntup, this may FINALLY be the time that breaks my incredibly long--since A SCANNER DARKLY--passing on Suntup titles. All depends on budget, of course. Stupid budget...

Comment

I seem to recall KPB mention there may be a prequel (of sorts) to KIN in a past interview. It may have been during an interview with Jeff Terry. jeffingoff 

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Man, I am so in for this. I love KPB and am still kicking myself for not picking up Suntup's Guests (which is, however, on my aftermarket watch list). He states it's a "signed limited edition of one of his most popular titles, and will include a brand new prequel novella." If it's Kin, I already own the CD edition, but might have to pick this up just for the prequel depending on price point. Maybe this post lends more credence to theory that Suntup's April announcement will be KPB. If this going to be from Suntup, this may FINALLY be the time that breaks my incredibly long--since A SCANNER DARKLY--passing on Suntup titles. All depends on budget, of course. Stupid budget...

Comment

It'd be nice if Digital 50 members got the prequel. Lord knows, there hasn't been much action otherwise.....See last update above two years ago.
                      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ugh. Sorry to hear that but hopefully there will be something dropping soon for you.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                         It'd be nice if Digital 50 members got the prequel. Lord knows, there hasn't been much action otherwise.....See last update above two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          I seem to recall KPB mention there may be a prequel (of sorts) to KIN in a past interview. It may have been during an interview with Jeff Terry. jeffingoffÂ

Â

Comment

I have the CD S/L edition, but that prequel is really calling my name. I did immediately think of Kealan's mention of a prequel in Jeff's interview (posted above), but wasn't sure if this was it or not, as I thought I'd remembered it was going to be a full-length novel. I'm likely misremembering, though, and I'm sure this is the prequel he referred to, and that's pretty exciting.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                              Â It'd be nice if Digital 50 members got the prequel. Lord knows, there hasn't been much action otherwise.....See last update above two years ago.
                              Hiya Danny, and my apologies to everyone for the lack of updates. I've only now been able to log back in after doing the username/old email/forgotten password dance.

Danny, did you receive the last book GRIM PORTRAITS? If not, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Re: D50, this is the year it gets back on track, or it gets canceled with full refunds to all participants. (Refunds can also be processed right now for anyone who has justifiable buyer's remorse.)

The problem is twofold, and every bit of it on my shoulders:

1) On average, I write about six new stories a year. My own (ambitious and foolhardy) promise for the subscribers of D50 was that everyone would get a signed personalized short story from me. As I wildly underestimated the popularity of D50, that ended up *actually* meaning 50 stories, something that's been impossible to accomplish thus far.

2) Between life and unexpected death, my productivity has been even slower than normal, which directly impacts the release of new titles, which is why you generally only see collections of previous published stories from me. The only notable release due this year (the prequel to KIN) was written before, during, and after the death of my father, so it's a miracle it got done at all.

But, I started this in good faith and that's how I intend to end it. And if I can't, you can all call me various well-earned names while I process your refunds.

Also, because Digital 50 is for digital/ebook releases, the KIN prequel won't be included until a digital version of the book exists, which is scheduled to happen a year after the S/L pub date.

Thanks all, and I'll do my very best to pop back in here more regularly to address any questions, concerns, or to be beaten roundly about the head and neck for being a slacker.

Kealan
                              http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Working...
                              X