Guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Me, too — I really hope he does manage to get that one written!
    It comes back to me so often, it's inevitable I'll write it someday. I just don't know when. There are a lot of other stories bullying their way into the building.
    http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

My pleasure! Mr. Burke prowls here so it seems right to have it here. I can't watch the interview because I'm in it, but I had way more fun than I should have talking to him. That probably makes for a bad/unprofessional interview. But here we are!
      It was an absolute blast, Jeff. If all interviews were as much fun, I'd probably be more enthusiastic about doing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I stumbled on you talking on Instagram live about and I have been wanting to read it ever since. Any news on a possible publication?
        None at the moment. My agent gave me some notes that I absolutely loved, so one more revision and it'll be back in her hands. After that, it's up to the gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post

It was an absolute blast, Jeff. If all interviews were as much fun, I'd probably be more enthusiastic about doing them.
          That's only going to encourage me.

Comment

WOOT! Below email received today. Looking forward to this one.

The following books will be shipping soon. Our records show that you ordered one or more of the titles listed below:
            • Guests - Artist Edition
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The novella Sour Candy - I just noticed I could read it as an eBook through my library. I'm curious - was this inspired at all by the famous Twilight Zone story? I want to say that one was written by Matheson, but I may be incorrect. Just curious on the origin, actually sounds great.

I wish I could actually buy the book, but I can't. I hope authors are compensated when one reads it on loan digitally, not sure how that works, or if anyone knows. I can also read Blanky and Jack/Jill. Which one is the best?...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                The novella Sour Candy - I just noticed I could read it as an eBook through my library. I'm curious - was this inspired at all by the famous Twilight Zone story? I want to say that one was written by Matheson, but I may be incorrect. Just curious on the origin, actually sounds great.

I wish I could actually buy the book, but I can't. I hope authors are compensated when one reads it on loan digitally, not sure how that works, or if anyone knows. I can also read Blanky and Jack/Jill. Which one is the best?...
                I am sure someone more in the know can better answer your question, but I will explain what was told to me. My local library has limits on the number of ebooks that they can have checked out at any given time. When I asked about that I was told that they purchase the ebooks just as they do physical books. Based on that I would assume the author is receiving a small cut of each license sold similar to the books on the shelf. The royalty statement is just a guess on my part.

Comment

I would guess that authors receive royalties on each copy sold, so if a library buys 1 or 10 copies, then the author receives the royalties on those copies sold, but then again, library purchases may be excluded from royalties.

I do know that a lot of publishers have some bassackwards rules around digital copies. Unlike a physical book, digital copies can't ever get lost of damaged, so libraries in theory would never have to but new copies like they would with a physical edition. So certain publishers (not all), will expire those digital copies after a certain number of checkouts or times, thus forcing the library to repurchase new copies if they want to continue having that copy available.

For whatever reason, I'm reminded of the hubbub over used CDs quite a few years ago. Think it was a country artist who was upset he didn't get royalties on used CD purchases, which I thought was insane.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post

Hi there,

SOUR CANDY was inspired by an incident much as it's described in the opening of the book: a kid going nuclear in the candy aisle at Walmart while his wan-looking mother just stood there staring at the candy. My initial misgivings about the situation--which are easy to have when you don't have kids of your own--left me feeling guilty, and I wondered what would happen if I got home and the kid was waiting for me there, claiming I was his father. I love Matheson's work, but it wasn't in mind when I wrote this story.

As far as libraries go, I do indeed get compensated for digital loans. Even if I didn't, I'd still encourage people to patronize libraries as much as possible. They're invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      WOOT! Below email received today. Looking forward to this one.

The following books will be shipping soon. Our records show that you ordered one or more of the titles listed below:
                      • Guests - Artist Edition
                      Thanks Ben!

Comment

Received my A/E copy of Guests today by the Koala Bear via Suntup.

Such a nicely put together book. The slipcase is striking, the artwork is fantastic, the DJ, cover (love the green cloth), and yellow end-papers are great together. Very pleased with this purchase.

Thanks, KPB & Suntup.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          Received my A/E copy of Guests today by the Koala Bear via Suntup.

Such a nicely put together book. The slipcase is striking, the artwork is fantastic, the DJ, cover (love the green cloth), and yellow end-papers are great together. Very pleased with this purchase.

Thanks, KPB & Suntup.
                          And thank YOU, Ben. So glad you're pleased with it!

Comment

Working...
                          X