Concrete Gods Chapbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete Gods Chapbook

Ran across this online recently and purchased it. I don't know anything about it and was curious if any background info can be provided.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Sweet. I also have one. Bought it a long time ago. I know it has been reprinted in an anthology somewhere.

Comment

Thanks! Like I said I wasn't sure what I was buying but it looked interesting.

Originally posted by kresby View Post
      Sweet. I also have one. Bought it a long time ago. I know it has been reprinted in an anthology somewhere.

Comment

I am definitely intrigued by this book.

The description on Amazon identifies it as a stapled paperback:
        "This is a first edition paperback copy of “Concrete Gods”, written by Kealan Patrick Burke and Harry Shannon. The booklet is a stapled paperback edition, almost like a pamphlet. The cover art is by John Turi. The title page states: Copyright 2003 First Edition Number line is 13579108642 Published by Medium Rare Books and 3f Publications. The booklet shows some edge wear. All pages are clean and unmarked. The back has reviews for “Ravenous Ghosts” and “Night of the Werewolf”. “In Delirium II”, edited by John Everson (Delirium, 2007) - contains the short story "Concrete Gods""

Comment

That is a very good information and matches what I bought. Thank you very much.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I am definitely intrigued by this book.

The description on Amazon identifies it as a stapled paperback:
          "This is a first edition paperback copy of “Concrete Gods”, written by Kealan Patrick Burke and Harry Shannon. The booklet is a stapled paperback edition, almost like a pamphlet. The cover art is by John Turi. The title page states: Copyright 2003 First Edition Number line is 13579108642 Published by Medium Rare Books and 3f Publications. The booklet shows some edge wear. All pages are clean and unmarked. The back has reviews for “Ravenous Ghosts” and “Night of the Werewolf”. “In Delirium II”, edited by John Everson (Delirium, 2007) - contains the short story "Concrete Gods""

Comment

“In Delirium II”, edited by John Everson (Delirium, 2007) - contains the short story "Concrete Gods""

I knew I read Concrete Gods somewhere, but for the life of me I couldn't remember where, though I don't recall anything about the story.

B

Comment

I have an ebook copy of this story. I read it a long time ago. I think next month I will give it a reread

Comment

I believe this was originally published as a giveaway item for Horrorfind way back in the day when the ill-fated publishing outfits of Medium Rare Books and 3F Publications joined forces for cross promotional purposes. It marks--if memory serves--the only time I have collaborated with another author on a story outside of round robin collections. As noted above, it's been reprinted a few times since.
                http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Thanks for a bit of back story on this one. Interesting production.

So do you think the signature is legit?

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                  I believe this was originally published as a giveaway item for Horrorfind way back in the day when the ill-fated publishing outfits of Medium Rare Books and 3F Publications joined forces for cross promotional purposes. It marks--if memory serves--the only time I have collaborated with another author on a story outside of round robin collections. As noted above, it's been reprinted a few times since.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Thanks for a bit of back story on this one. Interesting production.

So do you think the signature is legit?

Yep, that's my chicken-scratch all right.
                    http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the certification!

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post

Yep, that's my chicken-scratch all right.

Comment

Working...
                      X