Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    He absolutely is. BOYS LIFE remains one of my top ten favorite novels, and without MYSTERY WALK, I doubt there would ever have been a Timmy Quinn.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Robert McCammon' s Gone South.This guy is awesome.
    I'm working on getting all his books read this year, he is absolutely brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Robert McCammon' s Gone South.This guy is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    That one is in my top ten as well!
    Beautifully written so far.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post

Reading Capote's IN COLD BLOOD now.
    That one is in my top ten as well!

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Finished STREETS OF LAREDO. Great read, though it pales in comparison to LONESOME DOVE.

Reading Capote's IN COLD BLOOD now.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I liked the movie. Managed to be just as depressing as the book.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Definitely have to agree with that. It took a little getting used to with the writing style, but once I got used to it I couldn't put it down. Absolutely great book. I was impressed with the movie too, as I was expecting something bad, but it was made more in line with the book than most movies made from books by authors such as Stephen King
    I have avoided the movie just because I wanted to keep my vision of the book alive in my head but I do hear good things about, I will more than likely see it one day

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I agree, The Road is the best way to start with McCarthy, such a good book
    Definitely have to agree with that. It took a little getting used to with the writing style, but once I got used to it I couldn't put it down. Absolutely great book. I was impressed with the movie too, as I was expecting something bad, but it was made more in line with the book than most movies made from books by authors such as Stephen King

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Finished THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME. Not bad, but I'm not sure it earned its universal praise.

Now reading THE STREETS OF LAREDO, the only book in the LONESOME DOVE quartet I haven't yet read.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I will probably like it then, I'm a big fan of movies like that, it sounds like a darker My Dinner with Andre, I also still need to read The Stonemason but my local B&N never has a copy and I always forget to order one, one of these days though
    Interestingly enough, one review of THE SUNSET LIMITED mentioned MY DINNER WITH ANDRE, so you may indeed like it.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    I will probably like it then, I'm a big fan of movies like that, it sounds like a darker My Dinner with Andre, I also still need to read The Stonemason but my local B&N never has a copy and I always forget to order one, one of these days though

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    No, but I want to, I'm sure it's good just haven't got around to it yet
    It's a hard one to recommend, and your enjoyment of it will be directly proportional to how well you like one-location, all dialogue plays about philosophy and theology. It's pretty much two actors representing McCarthy's own internal debate about religion. I enjoyed it, but then, from a writer's perspective, the themes and dialogue engaged me. Not sure if it'd be the case if I weren't. I know the reviews were decidedly mixed, and I can see why.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Indeed.

Tommy, did you ever see THE SUNSET LIMITED?
    No, but I want to, I'm sure it's good just haven't got around to it yet

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Nope, though you may feel the need for a few tokes after reading it
    Indeed.

Tommy, did you ever see THE SUNSET LIMITED?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X