Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Yeah, I felt bad making them Amazon exclusives (a controversial decision whenever any author does it), but from a financial standpoint (which is an important consideration when I do this for a living), I decided to hedge my bets and see whether or not the exclusivity made any difference. And in that regard, after removing the books from B&N, Smashwords, and Kobo last month, I have heard from only two readers about the change, and you're one of them. A lot of the blame of course, falls on my own shoulders when considering why the books didn't sell at these vendors. I suck at promoting my own work, and I know a lot of authors have met great success through Kobo and Smashwords, but some of the blame can also be levied on the fact that no other vendor can match Amazon's resources. That said, after the three-month exclusivity period at Amazon comes up for renewal, I'll reevaluate things. I hate readers being unable to get the books, which is why I'm always open to sending them for free in their chosen format. Any outcry can be countered by the fact that Amazon's prime program and lending library allows free borrows of the book anyway.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    I would assume that to be the case, TJ. However, when I did have the books available through Kobo, I was averaging about 4 sales a month (out of nearly thirty books), whereas sales through Amazon.ca were much more respectable. Therefore, it made little sense to me to stay with Kobo when nobody was buying through them.
    Wow.... I am kind of surprised, and totally understand your decision. I know I have 3 of your e-books, and all came from the Kobo store.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    That being said, if you want a copy of THE NOVELLAS, let me know your preferred format and an email address and I'll get you a digital copy.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    This is one thing I don't like about Amazon, and noticed this a lot on even the ehorror bargains (and it's sisters) that Brian has going - there is such a majority of kindle only deals and I feel it alienates users of Kobo, etc. And Calibre isn't able to convert all kindle format books (drm I presume). I would assume that Kindle e-readers (Amazon) have a large portion of the US market? Whereas Kobo has the majority of market share here in Canada (read it somewhere a while back).
    I would assume that to be the case, TJ. However, when I did have the books available through Kobo, I was averaging about 4 sales a month (out of nearly thirty books), whereas sales through Amazon.ca were much more respectable. Therefore, it made little sense to me to stay with Kobo when nobody was buying through them.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    This is one thing I don't like about Amazon, and noticed this a lot on even the ehorror bargains (and it's sisters) that Brian has going - there is such a majority of kindle only deals and I feel it alienates users of Kobo, etc. And Calibre isn't able to convert all kindle format books (drm I presume). I would assume that Kindle e-readers (Amazon) have a large portion of the US market? Whereas Kobo has the majority of market share here in Canada (read it somewhere a while back).

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Hope I am around when it comes out. Downloaded the ebook. If I miss the limited I will be getting the trade edition for sure.
    Thanks B. I wanted to ensure that this was available in as many editions as possible, and thankfully Paul at Thunderstorm was completely amenable to the idea of a simultaneous trade release.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Hope I am around when it comes out. Downloaded the ebook. If I miss the limited I will be getting the trade edition for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by Highbury View Post
    I see The Novellas showing on the gallery page of Thunderstorm books. So is it already being printed? Just curious how to obtain a printed copy.
    Yep, the book is scheduled for an end of month release. I'll also be releasing it in trade paperback the same day, and it's currently available free (until 7/16) on Amazon for digital. I'll post here when the signed limited edition is available to order, assuming it doesn't sell out pre-release, which given the limitation, it may well do.

Leave a comment:

• Highbury
    replied
    I see The Novellas showing on the gallery page of Thunderstorm books. So is it already being printed? Just curious how to obtain a printed copy.

Leave a comment:

• adamjames
    replied
    Crankstomp by Erik Williams is WL and only had a print run of 70 and most BV are in the 70 to 80 range.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Less than 100 copies; that sounds like a Elemental edition.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    That is what I say. Looks like another one I will have to settle for the Paperback edition. These will go super fast.
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Ouch!
    Yeah, it'll be a case of "Get it while it's hot, or on ebay when it's not", I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• Kealan Patrick Burke
    replied
    I'll let you guys know more as soon as the details emerge. I do know that this will be a very limited run, probably less than 100 copies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X