PDA

View Full Version : THE TURTLE BOY and other tales of Timmy Quinn

JDar.
09-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I loves me series and this is a GREAT one.

THE TURTLE BOY (Necessary Evil Press)

THE TURTLE BOY: PEREGRINE'S TALE (CD Signature Series with art by Alan M Clark)

THE HIDES (Cemetery Dance)

VESSELS (Bloodletting Press)

. . . and the long awaited (soon to come) NEMESIS.

These books are definitely worth tracking down . . . of course, I hear there are these things called "eBooks" :p

Keep Smiling, Jan

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks very much, Jan! And yep, though they're out of print, the books are all available digitally (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Kealan+Patrick+Burke&x=0&y=0) for anybody interested...

Greenelk
09-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Oh bugger, I'd not realised that Vessels was part of the series, time for me to start trawling the net!

(Well I can't just have the first 3 books and then that in just ebook now can I)

RJK1981
09-19-2011, 05:57 PM
I still need to get a hold of The Hides since its the only one I'm missing from this series. Have all the others but am waiting to get and read that one before I read Vessels

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi Green! You should be able to find VESSELS fairly cheap on eBay, or ABEbooks. Good luck in your search! Oh, and VESSELS is actually the third book. PEREGRINE'S TALE is fourth, at least in order of publication.

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
RJK, I'd definitely suggest that, as, while it's not necessary to read the books in order (they work as standalones), it's better to read them in sequence.

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Here's a link for a cheap copy of THE HIDES (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=4480113094&searchurl=an%3DKealan%2BPatrick%2BBurke%26sts%3Dt% 26x%3D0%26y%3D0)

Kealan

HorrorScribe
09-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the tip on THE HIDES. I didn't realize any of your OOP books were available at such a low cost. Every time I try to track one down, my wallet whimpers.

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-27-2011, 02:24 AM
A few of them are still out there for ridiculous prices (like THE TURTLE BOY). I know, because I try to get extra copies for my own collection, which over the years has been whittled away almost to nothing.

RJK1981
09-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Yeah, seen The Turtle Boy go for pretty high prices more than once and see it up for crazy prices still on eBay. I got lucky and won a copy for 18.50 back in April. A lot better than the $99+ I often see copies listed for. Sorta like getting a copy of Bad News for $139 instead of the $400-500 I usually see it listed for (The Turtle Boy was much more affordable though of course).

I might have to see about getting that copy of The Hides, though probably not until next month, if it's still available. If not that's ok, I know where else I can get a reasonable price on it.

And yeah, I figured Vessels would work as a stand-alone, but still want to wait. I read Peregrine's Tale after The Turtle Boy, but only after reading the intro and seeing that it would work fine in that order.

peteOcha
09-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Here's a link for a cheap copy of THE HIDES (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=4480113094&searchurl=an%3DKealan%2BPatrick%2BBurke%26sts%3Dt% 26x%3D0%26y%3D0)

Kealan

That seems to be a very good price! And the book seems to be in good condition as well, from the description.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-03-2011, 06:28 PM
RJK: Yep, PEREGRINE'S TALE can be read out of order. They all can, really, though it's better to read them in sequence.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Oh, and for those of you signed up to my newsletter, there will be some news regarding the fifth and final book in the series, NEMESIS...

Martin
12-27-2011, 04:56 PM
I am very happy to say I was able to pick up a copy of Vessel's. I will read that one soon and then I will be caught up and ready for Nemesis when it comes out. I agree that they can be read out of order, I read them in a
jumbled order The Hides, Peregrine's Tale, Turtle Boy and soon Vessel's. They tie together well but each stands on it's own.

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks Martin! I hope you enjoy VESSELS. It happens to be my favorite of the books.

RJK1981
01-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Finished reading the 4 books out so far (finished the last one in late-December) and am definitely looking forward to the last one whenever that is finished and is released. I'm not sure which would be my favorite as I've enjoyed them all. Probably would be between The Turtle Boy and Vessels. The Turtle Boy because it was the start of the whole thing and the first book of Kealan's I read as well as loving the story. It raised some questions regarding certain events (particularly involving Timmy's father), and the main thing I had been thinking all along was resolved in Vessels (and confirmed my suspicions). That's not why Vessels is one of the favorites, but it helped, lol. That would just be loving the story

Antmusic
01-09-2012, 12:35 AM
After reading Turtle Boy, I sent a long email to KPB with tons of questions. His response was that of a "knowing smile" ... full of non-answers! ;)

Kealan Patrick Burke
01-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Finished reading the 4 books out so far (finished the last one in late-December) and am definitely looking forward to the last one whenever that is finished and is released. I'm not sure which would be my favorite as I've enjoyed them all. Probably would be between The Turtle Boy and Vessels. The Turtle Boy because it was the start of the whole thing and the first book of Kealan's I read as well as loving the story. It raised some questions regarding certain events (particularly involving Timmy's father), and the main thing I had been thinking all along was resolved in Vessels (and confirmed my suspicions). That's not why Vessels is one of the favorites, but it helped, lol. That would just be loving the story

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that there was some resolution. I tend to get a bit LOST-y with my secrets, but all will soon be revealed with NEMESIS.

Kealan Patrick Burke
01-27-2012, 10:12 PM
After reading Turtle Boy, I sent a long email to KPB with tons of questions. His response was that of a "knowing smile" ... full of non-answers! ;)

No comment :D

RJK1981
01-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Thank you! I'm glad to hear that there was some resolution. I tend to get a bit LOST-y with my secrets, but all will soon be revealed with NEMESIS.

There are of course, still other things I look forward to finding out, but that one was the biggest thing that stuck in my mind since reading Turtle Boy. Even though I didn't read the books all in a row (mainly because I didn't have them all, so had to read other stuff in between), but that one thing stuck with me through all the books so I was glad for a resolution (would have been glad even if I'd been wrong, lol)

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Ha, that's great to hear! I promise, everything will be resolved in NEMESIS :-)

Kealan Patrick Burke
03-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Speaking of NEMESIS...

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-05-2012, 09:13 AM
NEMESIS is done and delivered!

JDar.
05-05-2012, 10:23 AM
WHOO HOO :cool:

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks! This one clocked in at 90,000 words, so it's the first full-length entry.

Martin
05-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Full length novel, great way to end our time with Timmy Quinn!
Thanks! This one clocked in at 90,000 words, so it's the first full-length entry.

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Full length novel, great way to end our time with Timmy Quinn!

I needed every bit of it to ensure I told a new story while simultaneously answering all the questions that were left hanging from the other books.

Martin
05-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Any idea when this may be released? I think I want to read the entire volume in sequence before Nemesis.

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Any idea when this may be released? I think I want to read the entire volume in sequence before Nemesis.

I don't have an official release date yet, but I'm hoping we'll see it before the end of the summer.

Martin
05-08-2012, 03:23 PM
If you could post something when you know it would be appreciated. A re-read will not take long so I shouldn't need too much time.

Kealan Patrick Burke
05-08-2012, 07:10 PM
If you could post something when you know it would be appreciated. A re-read will not take long so I shouldn't need too much time.

I absolutely will. Thanks Martin!

Ben Staad
09-18-2012, 01:04 AM
If anyone forgot The Turtle Boy ebook is still free on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Timmy-Quinn-Series-ebook/dp/B0041T5BCI/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347925714&sr=1-3&keywords=kealan%20patrick%20burke&tag=vglnkc6130-20

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks Tim!

Blu Gilliand at The October Country is running a series of interviews about the Timmy Quinn books in the run-up to the release of NEMESIS.

You can see the first two parts here:

THE TURTLE BOY Interview (http://theoctobercountry.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/interview-kealan-patrick-burke-on-the-turtle-boy/)
THE HIDES Interview (http://theoctobercountry.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/interview-kealan-patrick-burke-on-the-hides/)

All the best,

Kealan

adamjames
09-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Just paid for Stage Whispers this weekend. And, and, I finally got copies of The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregine's Tale!

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Excellent, thanks Adam! You've read THE HIDES, I assume?

adamjames
09-28-2012, 12:47 PM
No, not yet. That will be rectified soon enough, though. It's the only one of the series that I haven't got.

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-30-2012, 06:52 PM
No, not yet. That will be rectified soon enough, though. It's the only one of the series that I haven't got.

Ah cool! I just didn't want you settling in to read the series and ending up wondering why the story took such a big jump! :D

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-30-2012, 06:54 PM
A sneak peek at one of my illustrations from the digital version of NEMESIS. I call this guy "Nemefish".

Martin
09-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Very nice. ANy update on when we will be able to pre-order the limited edition of Nemesis?
A sneak peek at one of my illustrations from the digital version of NEMESIS. I call this guy "Nemefish".

Kealan Patrick Burke
09-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Very nice. ANy update on when we will be able to pre-order the limited edition of Nemesis?

Hi Martin,

I know that copies have arrived at Thunderstorm, so I imagine preorder info will be following over the next few days. I'll post here when I have confirmation.

Ben Staad
10-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Very nice. I didn't know you were an actual "artist'! LOL and just kidding.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Very nice. I didn't know you were an actual "artist'! LOL and just kidding.

I'm far from an artist, Tim, but I wasn't going to let that stop me!

Ben Staad
10-01-2012, 01:06 AM

That's great. I am slowly learning that you only live once and you should never let anything get in your way.

P.S. Of course your art is very cool and I think it fits your work. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

bookworm 1
10-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Of course you are an artist.Writing is an art.So in my mind, having read a lot of your stuff, you are one of the great artists of the 21st century.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
You're very welcome, Tim!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Of course you are an artist.Writing is an art.So in my mind, having read a lot of your stuff, you are one of the great artists of the 21st century.

Wow, I'm not quite sure what to say to that except thank you!

Antmusic
10-03-2012, 03:29 PM
So, the limited(s) won't be illustrated? Just the digital?

JDar.
10-03-2012, 08:05 PM
aaaaaaaggggggggghhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I've been excited that NEMESIS is finally coming out, but now it appears it's only being offered as a limited edition that I can't afford or an eBook I can't read.

Jan

Ben Staad
10-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Looks like the limited is available for pre-order:

http://thunderstormbooks.com/burke.php

$35.00 plus shipping seems like a very sweet deal. Best of luck with the sales Mr. Burke.

Martin
10-04-2012, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the update, I ordered Nemesis but was too late for Stage Whisper edition. Can't believe it sold out that fast I had checked the site two days ago.

$35.00 plus shipping seems like a very sweet deal. Best of luck with the sales Mr. Burke.

adamjames
10-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Stage Whispers is a huge book, and it has sound effects too. LOL.

JDar.
10-04-2012, 09:12 AM

WHEW - THANKS I had only heard of STAGE WHISPERS (ordered NEMESIS) :cool:

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Robert: Yep, just the digital. Didn't occur to me to do illustrations until the print edition was already well under way, and even then I wasn't sure if it'd work or not. Like I said, I'm no artist. Twas pure luck that they turned out looking as nice as they did, otherwise they wouldn't be in the digital version either.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Tsk, tsk. Jan, after all we've been through, do you REALLY think I'd let NEMESIS be released without an affordable edition?

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks Tim! I was actually just coming here to post that link.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Honestly, I can't either Martin. It seems Paul has a fairly loyal fanbase for his books to whom he gives first shot at the deluxe editions.

I did hear that Roy Robbins at Bad Moon Books had a few copies of SW but it appears that's no longer the case. Might be worth checking out the other sellers before they jack up the price.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Yes, it whispers!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks Jan! ;)

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Here's a post with some more info:http://kealanpatrick.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/nemesis-now-available/

Martin
10-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Good news! I contacted Paul hoping to get on a waiting list in case an order did not go through and he responded that he had a copy of Stage Whispers available. I now have a copy of Nemesis and a copy of Stage Whispers coming my way!!! I am excited to be getting Nemesis and to be getting a single volume with the entire Timmy Quinn story. These two will be my first purchases from, looking forward to them.
Honestly, I can't either Martin. It seems Paul has a fairly loyal fanbase for his books to whom he gives first shot at the deluxe editions.

I did hear that Roy Robbins at Bad Moon Books had a few copies of SW but it appears that's no longer the case. Might be worth checking out the other sellers before they jack up the price.

RJK1981
10-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I didn't even hear about Stage Whispers being available until seeing on this thread it was sold out already! Oh well, I wouldnt have been able to afford it anyway, lol. Would be a great to get my hands on it though.

I did get a copy of Nemesis though since the price wasn't too high. I likely woulda got it if it were more expensive, but woulda been harder to justify, lol.

This will be high on my list of books to read next. My next attempted read will be the ARC I won through Librarything (if I don't find myself interested I won't force myself to finish it like I did with a recent novella) and then it was likely going to be Kin. Now I may have to make it Nemesis instead and put Kin off a little while. Decisions, decisions...

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Martin: That's great news! Glad you were able to snag a copy. When Paul emailed me to tell me the books were in stock, STAGE WHISPERS was already gone, so I couldn't even give people a heads up about it.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I'll be interested to hear what you think of both books, RJK, and thanks a million for picking them up!

Ben Staad
10-06-2012, 08:34 PM

If anyone is on the fence they may want to check out the link again. You may be surprised!

Martin
10-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Kin is such a good story.
I didn't even hear about Stage Whispers being available until seeing on this thread it was sold out already! Oh well, I wouldnt have been able to afford it anyway, lol. Would be a great to get my hands on it though.

I did get a copy of Nemesis though since the price wasn't too high. I likely woulda got it if it were more expensive, but woulda been harder to justify, lol.

This will be high on my list of books to read next. My next attempted read will be the ARC I won through Librarything (if I don't find myself interested I won't force myself to finish it like I did with a recent novella) and then it was likely going to be Kin. Now I may have to make it Nemesis instead and put Kin off a little while. Decisions, decisions...

Martin
10-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Well I received my copy of Nemesis, having the book in hand three days after placing the initial order is a record for me. It will be a few weeks before I am able to begin reading it. I should have a copy of Stage Whispers soon as well. Now I have to decide if I am going to read Nemesis or read the entire saga as a single story.

JDar.
10-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Tsk, tsk. Jan, after all we've been through, do you REALLY think I'd let NEMESIS be released without an affordable edition?

;)

This brought back memories of another GREAT series, POISONING EROS. For years I "bugged" Wrath James White and Monica J. O'Rourke to complete their sequel. It finally was released as a deluxe limited edition that I could not afford . . . . by the time I realized that there were no plans for a PB, the HC was sold out. (Thanks to Tom & Billie Moran/Sideshow Press for finding a copy for me. :cool: )

Talk about luck and GREAT timing, I found a new/unread copy of THE TURTLE BOY for a nice price. So now I plan to read the four main stories back-to-back. I'm anxious to go swimming again.

. . . . looks like it's curtains for Timmy. ;)

Jan

JDar.
10-07-2012, 01:16 PM
If anyone is on the fence they may want to check out the link again. You may be surprised!

lol I found the BOTM discount on Saturday when I sent Paul a Thank You note. Would you believe 2 days to go from AZ to MI using media mail? I ordered NEMESIS and two other books early Thursday, Paul had them packed and at the PO that afternoon.

Talk about customer service. Thanks again Paul.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah, the BOTM offer is awesome!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Kin is such a good story.

Thanks Martin!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Well I received my copy of Nemesis, having the book in hand three days after placing the initial order is a record for me. It will be a few weeks before I am able to begin reading it. I should have a copy of Stage Whispers soon as well. Now I have to decide if I am going to read Nemesis or read the entire saga as a single story.

Martin: If you're up for it, I'd suggest reading the whole series back to back. All but NEMESIS are fairly short, so you could probably knock them out in a day or so, but in my opinion it enhances the experience. NEMESIS ties them all up and references a lot of events from the previous books (particularly The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregrine's Tale.)

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
;)

This brought back memories of another GREAT series, POISONING EROS. For years I "bugged" Wrath James White and Monica J. O'Rourke to complete their sequel. It finally was released as a deluxe limited edition that I could not afford . . . . by the time I realized that there were no plans for a PB, the HC was sold out. (Thanks to Tom & Billie Moran/Sideshow Press for finding a copy for me. :cool: )

Talk about luck and GREAT timing, I found a new/unread copy of THE TURTLE BOY for a nice price. So now I plan to read the four main stories back-to-back. I'm anxious to go swimming again.

. . . . looks like it's curtains for Timmy. ;)

Jan

That's terrific Jan! THE TURTLE BOY has always been tough to find at a reasonable price!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
lol I found the BOTM discount on Saturday when I sent Paul a Thank You note. Would you believe 2 days to go from AZ to MI using media mail? I ordered NEMESIS and two other books early Thursday, Paul had them packed and at the PO that afternoon.

Talk about customer service. Thanks again Paul.

I don't think he's using the post office at all. I think he's using a teleportation device.

RJK1981
10-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Yeah, BOTM is pretty cool. I already had my copy ordered before seeing that pop up, but I can't do the BOTM anyway so it's ok.

Martin
10-08-2012, 05:34 AM
I am going to do that. I read the other tales out of sequence starting with The Hides back when it first came out. I need to finish this story right and read it from beginning to end.
Martin: If you're up for it, I'd suggest reading the whole series back to back. All but NEMESIS are fairly short, so you could probably knock them out in a day or so, but in my opinion it enhances the experience. NEMESIS ties them all up and references a lot of events from the previous books (particularly The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregrine's Tale.)

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah, BOTM is pretty cool. I already had my copy ordered before seeing that pop up, but I can't do the BOTM anyway so it's ok.

Yeah, it's a cool idea, but much like CD's own book club, it's something that's likely to only appeal to die-hard fans of the press.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I am going to do that. I read the other tales out of sequence starting with The Hides back when it first came out. I need to finish this story right and read it from beginning to end.

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
And for a bit of insight into the creation of the books, Blu Gilliand is running a series of in-depth interviews with me about each one. You can read the first three at the following links:

THE TURTLE BOY (http://theoctobercountry.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/interview-kealan-patrick-burke-on-the-turtle-boy/)
THE HIDES (http://theoctobercountry.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/interview-kealan-patrick-burke-on-the-hides/)
VESSELS (http://theoctobercountry.wordpress.com/2012/10/08/interview-kealan-patrick-burke-on-vessels/)

RJK1981
10-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah, it's a cool idea, but much like CD's own book club, it's something that's likely to only appeal to die-hard fans of the press.

Well if I was able to afford it I would likely do their book of the month club as a lot of their books look very good and I'd only need to purchase one book in each month at a discount. If I had the money for it I'd probably e-mail Paul and ask if there was any way I could get that discount on the book since the BOTM stuff appeared the day after I bought Nemesis. Given their customer service I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do something to help me out.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-09-2012, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't either!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Well if I was able to afford it I would likely do their book of the month club as a lot of their books look very good and I'd only need to purchase one book in each month at a discount. If I had the money for it I'd probably e-mail Paul and ask if there was any way I could get that discount on the book since the BOTM stuff appeared the day after I bought Nemesis. Given their customer service I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do something to help me out.

RJK: I just got this from Paul at Thunderstorm, who read your comments:

"I saw on your message board some customer feedback. [For the] sales that occurred before I got the "BOTM" up...those customers are welcome to contact me and I'll take care of them if they are interested in the club."

Martin
10-16-2012, 04:58 AM
Received my copy of Stage Whispers today. This is a beautiful book and I am thrilled to have the complete Timmy Quinn story in a single volume. I will read the introduction tonight but it will be about two weeks before I can get to the story.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Received my copy of Stage Whispers today. This is a beautiful book and I am thrilled to have the complete Timmy Quinn story in a single volume. I will read the introduction tonight but it will be about two weeks before I can get to the story.

Thanks for picking up a copy, Martin!

adamjames
10-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Finished the series last week, very enjoyable couple of days that I spent with Timmy.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Finished the series last week, very enjoyable couple of days that I spent with Timmy.

Glad to hear that, Adam! Only three days to NEMESIS!

bookworm 1
02-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Just finished The Turtle Boy. A super read. Perigrins tale now makes more sense to me.I am sure that it will make even more sense after I read the rest of this series.

Kealan Patrick Burke
02-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Just finished The Turtle Boy. A super read. Perigrins tale now makes more sense to me.I am sure that it will make even more sense after I read the rest of this series.

Yeah, while THE TURTLE BOY, THE HIDES, and VESSELS can be read in any order, PEREGRINE'S TALE should definitely not be read first. And NEMESIS, the concluding volume, is better left till last.

ozmosis7
07-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Recently finished THE TURTLE BOY. Great story, Kealan. I very much enjoyed it.

RJK1981
07-16-2013, 11:49 AM
I think I will have to bring Nemesis with me when I go on vacation in less than 2 weeks from now. Gotta decide what else to bring with. Could bring my copy of The Exorcist, but I am sure I will leave that at home. Won't bring as many physical books this year since I have my Kindle Fire HD to read some eBooks, on which I have many, many books. Have a book rental I still gotta read from my Amazon Prime membership that might give me some inspiration for my NaNoWriMo book I will be doing this year.

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Recently finished THE TURTLE BOY. Great story, Kealan. I very much enjoyed it.

Hey, thanks Ken! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Kealan Patrick Burke
07-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I think I will have to bring Nemesis with me when I go on vacation in less than 2 weeks from now. Gotta decide what else to bring with. Could bring my copy of The Exorcist, but I am sure I will leave that at home. Won't bring as many physical books this year since I have my Kindle Fire HD to read some eBooks, on which I have many, many books. Have a book rental I still gotta read from my Amazon Prime membership that might give me some inspiration for my NaNoWriMo book I will be doing this year.

Sounds like you're spoiled for choice. I recommend Nemesis though. I liked it, even if I saw the end coming a mile away. ;)

RJK1981
07-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Ha, I can see the end coming a mile away too! ;) But I have to read about the journey there, so I will definitely take that book with me. Probably going to bring King's Joyland with as well. Still tempted to bring my Lonely Road edition of The Exorcist, but not totally sure yet. Not worried about keeping it in good shape since I brought the CD edition of The Passage with me last year I think it was, and I kept that one looking fine since I don't really bring my books outside the cabin.

I think I have pretty much decided against reading And the Mountain Echoed up there, as I want a little more privacy when I read that one so I allow myself to get fully into the emotional story that I am very sure it is. I suppose I could change my mind, so I may bring it depending on what else I bring. Decisions, decisions! Would be so much easier if I hated reading, lol.

Added to that I will have to bring something to write in as well.

Tommy
08-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Is this a new collaboration? I'm dying to read the origins of Beaver Girl ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-The-Adventures-of-Turtle-Boy-and-Beaver-Girl-Scott-Douglas-/360653432907?pt=US_Childrens_Books&hash=item53f89ea84b

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-08-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm not touching that one...

Tommy
08-08-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm not touching that one...

LOL, that's probably the same thing Turtle Boy said :D

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-08-2013, 08:55 PM
LOL, that's probably the same thing Turtle Boy said :D

Oh dear...are we really going there? :eek:

Tommy
08-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Oh dear...are we really going there? :eek:

Also something TB probably said :o sorry I can't help myself sometimes, I will step away from the thread now :cool:

Kealan Patrick Burke
08-08-2013, 09:43 PM
HA!