PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Latest Purchase

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

subie09lega
07-01-2014, 01:21 AM
The binding, it's very soft

mhatchett
07-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Tale of a terrifying fishing trip that may have been the inspiration for Jaws!! LOL!!
One of my Favorite Seuss books! 1947.

mhatchett
07-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Saturday's Flea Market finds! Have a great weeknd, Happy Birthday Tom!!15467

subie09lega
07-05-2014, 08:40 PM
I miss Opus.

Martin
07-06-2014, 06:50 AM
I have that exact Opus in my Den. Love the books as well

c marvel
07-06-2014, 07:10 AM
More Than Midnight by Brian James Freeman.

Cap

RJK1981
07-06-2014, 07:15 AM
More Than Midnight by Brian James Freeman.

Cap

Great book! Hope you enjoy it

jhanic
07-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Signed trade edition of King's Mr. Mercedes.

John

rusty23
07-08-2014, 04:39 PM
The Twelve.

RobertJohn
07-08-2014, 11:20 PM
I am now the proud owner of the 13-copy, signed, limited Altar 13 edition of Ronald Malfi's Snow and the signed, limited Darkfuse edition of The Narrows. Somehow I managed to bag them both in the same week. :D

mhatchett
07-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Good work! Enjoy them Robert.

Martin
07-09-2014, 02:20 AM
Congratulations!
I am now the proud owner of the 13-copy, signed, limited Altar 13 edition of Ronald Malfi's Snow and the signed, limited Darkfuse edition of The Narrows. Somehow I managed to bag them both in the same week. :D

subie09lega
07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Just arrived

Joe315
07-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Cool! Mine is either supposed to arrive today or it shipped today. I got a shipping notice for something last week too so I am unsure what is to arrive.

subie09lega
07-09-2014, 07:45 PM
That's one of the things that SubPress does well, keeps you guessing on the contents of the package.

Joe315
07-09-2014, 08:25 PM
That's one of the things that SubPress does well, keeps you guessing on the contents of the package.

Haha. Doesn't help that I have a couple things on order that I am very excited for.

Well, seeing as you are in the NW it is likely that it is The River of Souls being delivered today (I am in the SW). And the fact that the other order I am expecting hasn't been mentioned as being shipped on the Subpress site or via their newsletter. The numbered edition has been shipped, however.

Joe315
07-10-2014, 12:44 AM
It wasn't River of Souls, it was the other one. See here: http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?1058-Joe315-s-Colleciton/page40

RobertJohn
07-12-2014, 12:56 AM
I got my River of Souls today! Yay! Is it just my copy or is the slipcover taller than the others?

subie09lega
07-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Mine is taller, too. Overall, it fits better than Rider, not so tight, but it is a bit taller than needed.

Theli
07-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Congrats on the McCammons!

RobertJohn
07-13-2014, 12:43 AM
Mine is taller, too. Overall, it fits better than Rider, not so tight, but it is a bit taller than needed.

Exactly. It slips out much easier. :-)

Joe315
07-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Got my River of Souls today. I like the slipcase on this better then the first two. Much easier to get the book out.

TJCams
07-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Picked up a couple pb's last night....

Coraline by Gaiman
The Engines of God by Jack McDevitt

RJK1981
07-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Got this from a seller on Amazon

Plasticine
07-23-2014, 03:38 PM
I've wanted a good copy of The Five of Cups for a while. I stumbled across this copy listed in an E-Bay auction and jumped on it. For a minute I thought I'd snag it for $50, but at the last minute somebody ran me up to $113. Well worth it, I think. It's number 37 out of a 1000.

http://i.imgur.com/YVTVrPp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B7sYDid.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VZX2ugt.jpg

Sock Monkey
07-25-2014, 04:20 AM
Nice Kiernan book! Congrats on the win!

RobertJohn
07-26-2014, 09:45 PM
I finally got my copy of Skullbelly and my my signed, limited Ronald Malfi collection is complete. Just waiting on that lettered edition of [I]December Park[I/]. 15551

Sock Monkey
07-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Really cool Malfi collection!

RobertJohn
07-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Really cool Malfi collection!

Thanks!

Plasticine
07-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Nice Kiernan book! Congrats on the win!

Thanks! Next on my Kiernan list is the Subterranean edition of Low Red Moon.

vexavex
07-30-2014, 11:33 PM
SNOW looks nice on the shelf

TJCams
07-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Snow is one that has been tempting me..... I have not read any of Malfi's works yet. Anyone here read Snow? Thoughts???

bookworm 1
07-31-2014, 01:46 PM
Great book by a great writer. Loved Snow. Floating Staircase is my favorite book by him so far.
Snow is one that has been tempting me..... I have not read any of Malfi's works yet. Anyone here read Snow? Thoughts???

TJCams
07-31-2014, 02:53 PM
Great to hear! I have Floating Staircase on my Kobo.

RobertJohn
08-01-2014, 12:30 AM
SNOW looks nice on the shelf

Thank you! I love that copy. It is fantastic! The story is great but my favorite Malfi books are 1.) December Park, 2.) Floating staircase, and 3.)Cradle Lake.

c marvel
08-05-2014, 05:43 AM
I preordered Spies and Saucers, the signed edition, from PS Publishing.

Cap

RJK1981
08-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Ordered Keith Minnion's The Boneyard from Bad Moon Books before I went on vacation. Then late into my vacation I decided to check on my bank balance since I was finally getting a half decent cell reception and was VERY surprised to see a very large deposit of money that I wasn't expecting to get yet so I was able to also order The Halloween Children by Brian James Freeman and Norman Prentiss from Earthling Publications :D

Also ordered Ronald Malfi's The Mourning House for my Kindle Fire yesterday and Kealan Patrick Burke's Jack and Kill for the Kindle before I went on vacation using some of my Amazon gift card balance

Tomorrow my and my wife will be doing some much needed shopping for a new bed! If we get the bed that we are both leaning toward right now then we will be spending a very good amount of the money I got, though not nearly all of it :D Now I might be able to have book buying money on a regular basis again! Though I will likely be saving money to use for something like the next Cemetery Dance Book Club or something along those lines.

TJCams
08-05-2014, 03:20 PM
I will get around to taking pics, and posting them in my collection thread, but....

Went to my 2 favourite used book shops in town, and grabbed: pb of Gerald's Game, pb of The Engines of God (new condition) by Jack McDevitt, HC (new condition) of Daemon by Daniel Suarez, as well I am waiting for my p/b of The Algebraist by Iain M Banks to arrive.

RJK1981
08-06-2014, 12:49 AM
My latest purchases were not books, but I am excited for them nonetheless! I checked my bank balance towards the end of my vacation when I finally had halfway decent of a connection with my phone and saw a large total thanks to a surprising deposit that was quite large (Which I found yesterday was my 16 month back-pay for social security which got approved late last month). The first thing I thought of when I saw that money was a new bed. Went shopping for that today and me and my wife agreed on getting this one. This isn't our actual bed, that will be delivered on Thursday, along with some very comfortable pillows and a new dresser to replace the cheap piece of crap that I'm using now that has been falling apart.

http://www.homfurniture.com/Online/Home/Store/Product_713996_iComfort-Savant-Everfeel-Plush-Queen-Mattress-Set-with-Motion-Perfect-Adjustable-Base

mhatchett
08-06-2014, 02:29 AM
Be careful new beds can be dangerous! Or you could buy a copy of Salem's Lot and you could sleep on that. Congratulations only the Social Security thing.

RJK1981
08-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Be careful new beds can be dangerous! Or you could buy a copy of Salem's Lot and you could sleep on that. Congratulations only the Social Security thing.

Ha, the beds we tried out today were dangerous! The bed we have right now that we're giving to my wife's brother for one of his spare rooms feels even more firm than it used to! :eek: Thanks for the congrats, wasn't expecting to get it as fast as I did. Filed back in March, so I figured I'd have to wait until September or October at least to get a letter saying that I'd been denied and having to file an appeal, but got approved the first time. Hate that I need it, but not able to work. Luckily get VA benefits, too. Social Security is definitely not enough to live on by itself, that's for sure!

jhanic
08-06-2014, 04:09 PM
My latest:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Revivalproof_zpsca467f3d.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/Revivalproof_zpsca467f3d.jpg.html)

Publisher's letter:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Revivalproofletter_zpsab19bbd7.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/Revivalproofletter_zpsab19bbd7.jpg.html)

John

TJCams
08-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Awesome...... another nice proof to land! I am jealous. :)

RJK1981
08-08-2014, 03:33 AM
Purchased the Audible edition of The Wendigo tonight

Merlin1958
08-10-2014, 07:45 PM
My latest purchases were not books, but I am excited for them nonetheless! I checked my bank balance towards the end of my vacation when I finally had halfway decent of a connection with my phone and saw a large total thanks to a surprising deposit that was quite large (Which I found yesterday was my 16 month back-pay for social security which got approved late last month). The first thing I thought of when I saw that money was a new bed. Went shopping for that today and me and my wife agreed on getting this one. This isn't our actual bed, that will be delivered on Thursday, along with some very comfortable pillows and a new dresser to replace the cheap piece of crap that I'm using now that has been falling apart.

http://www.homfurniture.com/Online/Home/Store/Product_713996_iComfort-Savant-Everfeel-Plush-Queen-Mattress-Set-with-Motion-Perfect-Adjustable-Base

LOL That sig of yours is priceless!!! Yeah, I'm a nosey fucker!! LOL

RJK1981
08-11-2014, 02:56 AM
LOL That sig of yours is priceless!!! Yeah, I'm a nosey fucker!! LOL

Glad you like it, lol! Seems to be pretty popular. Thinking of what to do for it next as I've left it as that for a while now.

As a side note, I have a shirt with that last line on it in small letters so you pretty much have to squint if you aren't right in front of it, lol. Had a college laugh at it and say if his daughter saw that shirt she'd definitely want it, lol.

RJK1981
08-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Wasn't planning to make a purchase of my own yesterday but when I was going through some of my save for later items on Amazon I discovered a copy of the CD Novella Series book Spree by Lucy Taylor at a price I couldn't pass up since I have the money. Now I just have to wait on it to get here and hope it is in the condition it is supposed to be in (Like New). Not really worried though as the seller has a very good rating

RJK1981
08-14-2014, 05:27 AM
Have won a couple of books from eBay recently. First was Laymon's The Woods are Dark and also won Garton's Vortex. So now that is 5 books that I have ordered recently. Feels good to finally have some money for books again! :D May bid on a couple more lower priced auctions, but going to cut myself off here soon to save money for the CD book club

TJCams
08-18-2014, 03:03 PM
I have had so many books in my "cart" on places like Amazon, Thrift Books, AbeBooks and have had to remove them for the fact that I want to save some book $ for future purchases, and I look at my bookshelf at home and think how it's going to be possible to read those, plus the 60+ on my Kobo (approx 50 I have yet to read), plus the ones I find at the couple local used books shops....... it's amazing how fast they accumulate!

RJK1981
08-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Ha, my saved for later section has close to 300 items, lol. Though not everything for me. There is books placed there by me and my wife, Blu-Ray movies for me, and other random thing for me and my wife. That saved later section is handy, helped me find the 2nd book of the CD Novella series cheap since the one I had originally put there was no longer available

bugen
08-19-2014, 03:45 AM
Not the latest, but I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and finally got a pic last night. Packed full of artwork.

mhatchett
08-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Ha, the beds we tried out today were dangerous! The bed we have right now that we're giving to my wife's brother for one of his spare rooms feels even more firm than it used to! :eek: Thanks for the congrats, wasn't expecting to get it as fast as I did. Filed back in March, so I figured I'd have to wait until September or October at least to get a letter saying that I'd been denied and having to file an appeal, but got approved the first time. Hate that I need it, but not able to work. Luckily get VA benefits, too. Social Security is definitely not enough to live on by itself, that's for sure!

Glad it worked out. I get a little shrapnel money form the VA myself. People have been knocking the VA of late, it did take about two years to get approved, but if you were in the military were really surprised by the wait? The point being, they came through in the end, I get a little money and pretty good health care and luckily, 3 IEDs later, I don't hear too well, I have a cool scar on my forehead, but I can still work. Don't feel bad that you're drawing benefits that you've earned/are entitled to.

RJK1981
08-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Glad it worked out. I get a little shrapnel money form the VA myself. People have been knocking the VA of late, it did take about two years to get approved, but if you were in the military were really surprised by the wait? The point being, they came through in the end, I get a little money and pretty good health care and luckily, 3 IEDs later, I don't hear too well, I have a cool scar on my forehead, but I can still work. Don't feel bad that you're drawing benefits that you've earned/are entitled to.

Oh I don't feel bad at all, I depend on it. I only had to wait about 5 months for my initial claim, which was fast. Definitely expected to wait longer than that! If you go in the Army without patience then you are screwed, lol! Luckily I was already patient, though I became even more patient as a result. That's probably why I don't get upset about waiting years for some books.

I get a good amount of money now, but I'd rather be working. I actually don't mind being home all the time, but I could make a lot more money working in the field I got my degree in, which was computer networking. Didn't get shrapnel, though I was probably 30 seconds from getting it once from a mortar that hit close to where I was smoking. Do have tinnitus though, probably from the incoming and outgoing mortars from my base in Iraq

Tito_Villa
08-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Maybe silly but i've finally got my hands on copies of my book :D
It can be found on Amazon - LINK (http://www.amazon.com/Everyone-Loves-Clowns-Other-Tales/dp/1500825158/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_imgnr_1)
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Everyonelovesclowns2_zpsc49cb33d.jpg (http://s819.photobucket.com/user/tito_villa/media/Everyonelovesclowns2_zpsc49cb33d.jpg.html)

jhanic
08-22-2014, 03:22 PM
One of my Holy Grails:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/GreenMile6proof_zps46ec0bba.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/GreenMile6proof_zps46ec0bba.jpg.html)

I now have a complete set of Green Mile proofs.

According to my notes, no more than 12 of these exist, contrary to what has been said.

John

frik51
08-22-2014, 04:19 PM
That's awesome, John!
Congratulations!!!

So, what's next??? :)

sk

jhanic
08-22-2014, 06:20 PM
I have a few things in the pipeline right now, but my next Holy Grail is the orange Plume proof of The Gunslinger. Of course, funds are really tight right now.

John

Theli
08-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Maybe silly but i've finally got my hands on copies of my book :D
It can be found on Amazon - LINK (http://www.amazon.com/Everyone-Loves-Clowns-Other-Tales/dp/1500825158/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_imgnr_1)
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Everyonelovesclowns2_zpsc49cb33d.jpg (http://s819.photobucket.com/user/tito_villa/media/Everyonelovesclowns2_zpsc49cb33d.jpg.html)

Very nice, congrats, love the cover art.

RJK1981
08-31-2014, 01:44 AM
Right now I am waiting to get a copy of 4 Killers, a traycased edition of King's Way Press' edition of Killer's Diary by Brian Pinkerton, and Alice Walks by Michael Aronovitz from Centipede Press. Look forward to seeing the quality of their work.

Today I picked up a HC copy of the true crime book Lost Girls

I also bought Kindle editions of From a Changeling Star by Jeffrey A Carver and Ancient Enemy by Michael McBride

Sock Monkey
08-31-2014, 01:56 AM
Right now I am waiting to get a copy of 4 Killers, a traycased edition of King's Way Press' edition of Killer's Diary by Brian Pinkerton, and Alice Walks by Michael Aronovitz from Centipede Press. Look forward to seeing the quality of their work.

Today I picked up a HC copy of the true crime book Lost Girls

I also bought Kindle editions of From a Changeling Star by Jeffrey A Carver and Ancient Enemy by Michael McBride

That's a nice list of items coming your way. I have Alice Walks and I thought that the presentation was very nice, though I have yet to read it. Aronovitz's collection of short stories, Seven Deadly Pleasures, is one of my top reads of the year so far.

saginawhorror
08-31-2014, 02:44 PM
4 killers and Killer's Diary both look really nice. I have them both.

RJK1981
08-31-2014, 03:08 PM
Killer's Diary sounds very good, and the edition I got came with the traycase, so didn't want to pass that up. The Traycase costs $20 from King's Way

Couldn't pass up the good price on 4 Killers either.

TJCams
09-03-2014, 07:51 PM
So, the local Goodwill bookstore had a 50% off sale this last Saturday - could I resist? Uhm.....NO!!!!!

Didn't really have much I was too interested in, but did grab 3 books: Delores Claiborne, Just After Sunset (both in HC), and Barker's Mister B Gone.

I find it very hard to find the authors I really like in the used market (Simmons, Barker are 2 that are rare finds for me, in good condition).

Sock Monkey
09-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Not the latest, but I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and finally got a pic last night. Packed full of artwork.

Very nice! And very jealous! :)

TacomaDiver
09-04-2014, 02:05 AM
While not a collector's item by any means, I did just acquire a 13th printing of the original version of Stephen King's The Stand in hardcover. No more bumming around with a wee little paperback copy on my SK shelf.

TerryE
09-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Isn't a beauty. But what really surprised me when I received my copy, was that I ordered it 3 years ago. Worth the wait!

bugen
09-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Very nice! And very jealous!

Thanks, Sock Monkey. I debated for a while whether or not to even pick it up. As a whole it seemed too expensive for a book I ended up rating 3 stars, but Smoke and Mirrors has a number of excellent tales, and two I felt were pure genius, so in the end I went for it. Blown away by the level and quantity of artwork within. A very nice production by SubPress.

mhatchett
09-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Picked up these Reading gargoyles at the flea market. They're keeping an eye on a few of my new additions.
Have a great weekend,
Mike15704

bugen
09-05-2014, 10:24 PM
I have those exact ones! Was given them as an awesome birthday present, and they sit atop my bookshelf like horns.

RJK1981
09-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Just bought PC copies of Dark'Un and Restless Shadows from Ronald Kelly, both to be inscribed and remarqued :D Won Restless Shadows on eBay, but got outbid on Dark'Un because I forgot to increase my high bid over the minimum and wasn't where I was able to check on it. Ronald had another copy, which he offered me over Facebook and definitely. Told him he could definitely inscribe them if he chose to since I have no plans to sell them. Then he said he'd inscribe and remarque them :D:cool: Definitely looking forward to getting them

Martin
09-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Love those!
Picked up these Reading gargoyles at the flea market. They're keeping an eye on a few of my new additions.
Have a great weekend,
Mike15704

mhatchett
09-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Thanks, they look great and weigh a ton. I see lots of neat bookends, but many just don't have the Ummpff to hold up one book let alone a bunch. These will go with my Halloween display next month.
Have a great weekend,
Mike

TJCams
09-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Love the gargoyles!

Next weekend is the local Terry Fox Run for cancer research, if you are unfamiliar with Terry Fox google him, although every Canadian on here should know him. Anyways.......there was a used booksale for raising money for this charity this weekend. Lots of selection, great prices, but I only grabbed one book - nice hard cover of Clive Barker's Everville. They had lots of King, Koontz, tons of James Patterson books!!!!!! They are holding it again next Saturday - may stop in again.

mhatchett
09-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Events like that are great. Nothing like adding to the collection and helping people at the same time. Good grab!

bugen
09-12-2014, 03:26 AM
From the SubPress grab bag. Overall I'm quite happy with this, though it was expensive. Baba Yaga had a little damage, and 2 I had already purchased, but still the set seems pretty nice. Really looking forward to the high quality and unknown to me Elizabeth Bear and Kelly Armstrong books, which are leather productions. The rest of the limiteds and trades are of a nice cloth.

Signed Limiteds:

Trades:

bookworm 1
09-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Nice adds. I do believe in the description of the grab bag they mentioned that some of the books were not in perfect condition and would make good reading copies. I love the quality of Subterranean Press's books. Looks like you got quite a nice haul,

bugen
09-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks Bookworm, and you're correct it was mentioned in their post that there may be a little damage here and there for the grab bags. I feel it was worth it and would probably partake again should the opportunity arise.

RJK1981
09-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Purchased Ronald Kelly's Pitfall from Thunderstorm and also purchased the Thunderstorm edition of his novel Fear from Amazon, which I essentially got for free with the gift card balance I got last night. Just had to pay $3.99 shipping. Hopefully it is in the new condition it was sold as, though I am not worried considering the seller's feedback rating. I also made a purchase from CD today that my wife said I could do since she'd just spent a bunch of money on herself :D

bugen
09-16-2014, 02:39 AM
Received this one a couple of weeks back but finally got a pic yesterday. Last one, letter 'Z'.

*props to Fred Sewell for the still. Nicely done, brother

Martin
09-16-2014, 03:01 AM
WOW!!! Love that edition.
Received this one a couple of weeks back but finally got a pic yesterday. Last one, letter 'Z'.

*props to Fred Sewell for the still. Nicely done, brother

Sock Monkey
09-16-2014, 03:15 AM
That Nos4a2 is amazing! Nice add!

mhatchett
09-16-2014, 12:22 PM
My three favorite things, Books, Coffee and Fall!! Both of these volumes were edited by Tony Earnshaw, Clearly both are labors of Love. And this is why I can't afford to join CDCC, LOL!! So many books, so little money!!
Have a great Week,
MDH

mhatchett
09-16-2014, 02:02 PM
Sorry I did such a bad job with new book post. Kind of rushed. And I wanted to credit the artist, John Randal York, you can find his work on ebay, super nice guy.

TJCams
09-16-2014, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=bugen;70808]From the SubPress grab bag. Overall I'm quite happy with this, though it was expensive. Baba Yaga had a little damage, and 2 I had already purchased, but still the set seems pretty nice. Really looking forward to the high quality and unknown to me Elizabeth Bear and Kelly Armstrong books, which are leather productions. The rest of the limiteds and trades are of a nice cloth.

How much was this grab bag going for? That's quite the nice haul you ended up with.

bugen
09-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks! I'm pretty sure the grab bag was $149 + shipping. I ended up paying $165 total. It's kind of a lot of surprise material to get all at once.

Joe315
09-17-2014, 02:27 AM
WOW!!! Love that edition.

Nice! Beautiful book!

mhatchett
09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Thought I'd share what I bought from Grant. Love Bradbury. Smooth transaction, fast ship, in ebay speak lol!!
MDH

RJK1981
09-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Very nice look book there :)

mhatchett
09-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Thank You Sir!

jhanic
09-26-2014, 04:50 PM
My latest additions:

It 25th Anniversary Edition CD proof:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionCDproof_zps684d975a.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionCDproof_zps684d975a.jpg.ht ml)

The back:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionCDproofback_zps504363b1.jp g (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionCDproofback_zps504363b1.jp g.html)

And the spine:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionCDproofspine_zpsa9e7a7e2.j pg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionCDproofspine_zpsa9e7a7e2.j pg.html)

This sucker is HEAVY, too!

Also, the Full Dark No Stars CD Gift/Lettered edition proof:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDSignedLimitedproof_zpsb69dbc3a.jp g (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDSignedLimitedproof_zpsb69dbc3a.jp g.html)

The back:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDSignedLimitedproofback_zps83fa8fb 5.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDSignedLimitedproofback_zps83fa8fb 5.jpg.html)

And finally, the CD Full Dark No Stars Signed Limited proof:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDGift-Letteredproof_zpsa2c056a9.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDGift-Letteredproof_zpsa2c056a9.jpg.html)

And its back:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDGift-Letteredproofback_zpsc7da0fc8.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDGift-Letteredproofback_zpsc7da0fc8.jpg.html)

These bring me to a total of 113 US proofs.

John

bugen
09-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Not purchased - received for my birthday!

This book, one of the most ambitious projects I've ever heard of around this genre, attempts to catalog ALL English language anthologies of horror, occult, weird, supernatural and fantasy, in history up until 1995. Complete insanity in its awesomeness:

This book, a leather-bound connoisseur's guide to Scotch written by a world authority on the subject, should expand my knowledge of my favorite whisky a great deal. I've taken today and tomorrow off work, which means I might get into some of the finer points of this exploration today :)

TJCams
09-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Interesting book on scotch. I'd be curious to know how they rate many of the Hiram Walker's brands, as my Dad retired from there, seeing as the world HQ for Hiram Walker's (Canadian Club) was (and still may be ) located in my wonderful city. :)

bugen
09-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Sorry, checked but didn't see any Canadian Club listed. I think CC is generally a blended whisky whereas the book mainly details single malts - it's been ages since I've tried it. More recently from Canada I've tried a few of the Crown Royal blends, but in general find it too smooth (if you can believe it). I haven't tried their Crown Royal Reserve which I hear is fantastic.

I bet there are some beautiful CC aged blends I'm not aware of. If you hear of something that's to die for but relatively unknown please drop me a line. Nothing quite beats insider, professional info!!!

TJCams
09-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Crown Royal was/is a competitor with CC (Hiram Walker & Sons). When my Dad worked there (1970-2000, retired at 50, 30 years and out), it was the place to be, one of our city's biggest employers, along with Chrysler, Ford, GM. I'm not a scotch/whisky person, but I used to get tons of CC pencils, coasters, you name it. Even had lamps made out of these huge CC bottles, which used to have a hand pump on top.

mhatchett
10-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Picked this up from Camelot Books. The Land Across Gene Wolfe PS Publishing...A couple of weird typo's lol, but the book is interesting.
MDH

mhatchett
10-02-2014, 12:35 PM
And this was waiting for me when I got home from work. A Mountain Walked S.T. Joshi, "This new collection of fiction assembles a handful of reprints and over a dozen new stories inspired by H.P. Lovecraft and his Cthulhu Mythos. Authors include T.E.D. Klein, Caitlín R. Kiernan, Gemma Files, Lois Gresh, Thomas Ligotti, Patrick McGrath, and many others. Loaded." Honestly, if you like Lovecraft, a steal, what a book. MDH

jhanic
10-04-2014, 04:28 PM
I got this a couple days ago:

Full Dark No Stars CD unbound proof:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDunboundproof_zps4adb02c5.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDunboundproof_zps4adb02c5.jpg.html )

A Good Marriage title page:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDunboundproofGoodMarriagetitle_zps 225372b4.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDunboundproofGoodMarriagetitle_zps 225372b4.jpg.html)

And one of the pictures from A Good Marriage:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDunboundproofGoodMarriagepicture_z ps48285f0a.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FullDarkNoStarsCDunboundproofGoodMarriagepicture_z ps48285f0a.jpg.html)

John

Plasticine
10-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Been a while since I posted something. I missed out on the original CD pre-order for this, so I placed an order through Amazon months ago. I honestly never expected to receive it, but it showed up yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/QmGl4ce.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3TzSVTz.jpg

bookworm 1
10-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Nice. How did you get that before it is published? I have this on order through CD and I is not out yet?

Plasticine
10-05-2014, 12:43 PM
When you check the product page, Amazon shows it as "temporarily out of stock" as opposed to being on pre-order. They probably think the release date came and went, so when stock arrived their warehouse shipped out the copies they received instead of holding them for the current release date.

I honestly thought I'd never receive it, and be forced to pay secondary market prices or, if I was lucky, receive it later than everyone else like when I pre-ordered Relic from them. Now it looks like I got a copy that accidentally made it out into the wild a bit early. I imagine the CD orders will start showing up soon. Amazon couldn't have received their stock that early.

jhanic
10-08-2014, 04:59 PM
My latest:

Carrie CD 40th Anniversary proof:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/CarrieCD40thAnniversaryprooffront_zpsb2d97ad7.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/CarrieCD40thAnniversaryprooffront_zpsb2d97ad7.jpg. html)

And the back:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/CarrieCD40thAnniversaryproofback_zps0ff46d65.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/CarrieCD40thAnniversaryproofback_zps0ff46d65.jpg.h tml)

John

jhanic
10-11-2014, 05:42 PM
My latest--The Secretary of Dreams volume 1 unbound proof:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/SecretaryofDreamsunboundproof_zpsa7274f61.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/SecretaryofDreamsunboundproof_zpsa7274f61.jpg.html )

John

Tommy
10-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Very Nice John, I got the 1st proof of that in my SK grab bag

RJK1981
10-12-2014, 08:03 AM
My latest book that I purchased arrived in the mail Saturday. Thanks to Camelot Books I was able to find a fairly priced copy of Ronald Kelly's Hindsight published by Thunderstorm :D

pennynutter
10-13-2014, 04:12 PM

jhanic
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Nice! Congratulations!

John

mhatchett
10-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Trick-or-Treat came early to my house! Enders Game and Ronald Kelly's 12 Gauge.

Theli
10-14-2014, 10:36 PM

Very cool!

TacomaDiver
10-15-2014, 02:07 AM
I too received my copy of Ender's Game today.

Slight disappointment with my copy though - it looks like some of the glue from the slipcase leaked onto the top portion of the pages so they won't open because of the glue.

Dave1442397
10-15-2014, 11:48 AM
I too received my copy of Ender's Game today.

Slight disappointment with my copy though - it looks like some of the glue from the slipcase leaked onto the top portion of the pages so they won't open because of the glue.

I would just email Jerad with pics right away. His customer service is excellent - I'm sure he'll make you happy.

mhatchett
10-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh Yeah, he'll be on that in a second, he's all about customer service. Great guy to work with, he'll make it right. Sorry you had this issue, but it's a beautiful book.
MDH

TacomaDiver
10-16-2014, 12:15 AM
I emailed Jerad pictures as soon as I saw the book and he's been emailing me throughout the day. I don't doubt that he'll make everything right as soon as possible. I just want to admire this set more than I can at the moment.

RJK1981
10-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Ordered the new deal CD offered today for this weekend. Wondering it's okay to order more than one of the deals, though I wouldn't get a 2nd one today since there are so few available. Would want to give others a chance first. Wondering if this'll last to Sunday even. Don't know how long this deal lasted when it offered recently, but given the number available (If it was the same as this time, which I am guessing it was) I assume it didn't last the whole weekend

marduk
10-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Just got a first edition hardcover of Straub's KOKO, thanks to my library. Smells wonderful! :o

jhanic
10-21-2014, 05:43 PM
I haven't been able to post for a bit, but here are some of my newest acquisitions:

UK proof of Revival:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/UKRevivalproof_zps4ffd25b1.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/UKRevivalproof_zps4ffd25b1.jpg.html)

Unbound proof of the CD 40TH anniversary edition of Carrie:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/CarrieCDunboundproof_zpsbfabbf3f.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/CarrieCDunboundproof_zpsbfabbf3f.jpg.html)

Unbound proof of Secretary of Dreams Volume 2:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/SecretaryofDreamsVolume2unboundproof_zps040cd841.j pg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/SecretaryofDreamsVolume2unboundproof_zps040cd841.j pg.html)

John

jhanic
10-23-2014, 02:55 PM
I just received the F&G (Folded and Gathered) pages for Donald M. Grant's edition of Desperation.

For those who don't know, the F&G is a set of folded pages (signatures) before they are bound.

This Desperation set includes the (unfortunately) unsigned limitation page with the spaces for King's and the artist Don Maitz's signatures. All the illustrations are included.

John

Theli
10-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Sweet, sounds like a cool grab.

RJK1981
10-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Just purchased the CD edition of Carrie and Monteleone's Submerged with my $125 coupon from spending $75 last weekend. Submerged has been tempting me for a while now, so I had to get it with this offer.

slayn666
10-27-2014, 01:11 PM
On a similar note, I used my coupon to get slipcases for Revival, Mr. Mercedes, and Doctor Sleep, No Song for the Stars by Mary SanGiovanni, and preordered Shocklines: New Voices in Terror.

Then shipping murdered me because I didn't take into account the fact that CD can't ship the slipcases via media mail as they aren't actually books.

bugen
10-31-2014, 02:02 AM
Sock Monkey posted an excellent review of this collection, and he's 100% right. Fantastic work!

Review: http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2149-Book-Reviews&p=71141&viewfull=1#post71141

Having eyed this next collection for a couple of years, the trigger was finally pulled at The Iliad bookstore this afternoon. I have never read 'Carmilla', and must hang my head in shame.

Plasticine
10-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Just received these:

http://i.imgur.com/X0MmEk7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tP1YYTw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w8XuTck.jpg

Midnight Meat Train was definitely worth the wait. Beautiful book.

bugen
10-31-2014, 04:16 PM
I'd love to hear about Prince Lestat! I stopped reading these at Memnoch but am meaning to pick them back up, probably from the beginning.

Sock Monkey
10-31-2014, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=bugen;71605]Sock Monkey posted an excellent review of this collection, and he's 100% right. Fantastic work!

Review: http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2149-Book-Reviews&p=71141&viewfull=1#post71141

Thanks for the kind words, bugen! I'm glad that you enjoyed the book. I'm hoping someday it'll be offered in a signed limited edition. I love my paperback, but I would jump on a nice lettered edition in a heartbeat!

Sock Monkey
10-31-2014, 05:12 PM
I finally broke down and used my $125 Coupon Code this morning. I decided to go with The Queen of Bedlam by McCammon. I can't say I that I loved Speaks the Nightbird but I figured I'd give the next book in the series a shot.

Theli
10-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Sock Monkey posted an excellent review of this collection, and he's 100% right. Fantastic work!

Having eyed this next collection for a couple of years, the trigger was finally pulled at The Iliad bookstore this afternoon. I have never read 'Carmilla', and must hang my head in shame.

Very nice copy of in A Glass Darkly. Didn't know EP had released a version. Any art inside? I'd been thinking about picking up the Folio Society edition, which was rather reasonably priced. I prefer EP though. I do already have Carmilla in a signed illustrated version.

bugen
11-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Very nice copy of in A Glass Darkly. Didn't know EP had released a version. Any art inside? I'd been thinking about picking up the Folio Society edition, which was rather reasonably priced. I prefer EP though. I do already have Carmilla in a signed illustrated version.

Thanks Theli. There is just one piece of art within, but it's kinda badass:

Theli
11-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Very bad ass!

Carmilla is my all time favourite vampire story. Hope you'll like it as much as I did when you get to it.

RobertJohn
11-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Just got The Nature of Monsters today. Found a copy for $1! My Ronald Malfi collection is nearing completion.15899

RJK1981
11-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Purchased the signed limited of Clegg's Naomi, just have to wait for it to arrive!

Plasticine
11-06-2014, 05:35 PM
These just arrived.

http://i.imgur.com/HjYuQ2a.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YdJjPFD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gjL4NZe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0iNfAU0.jpg

TJCams
11-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Although it hasn't shipped yet, I just purchased on Abebooks 2 sci-fi novels I've been itching for: Alastair Reynolds Revelation Space, and John Varley's The Ophiuchi Hotline, which is from the late 1970's. Anybody here read any of these?

Theli
11-08-2014, 01:54 AM
Very nice copy of They Thirst and Triads! Just got my copy of They Thirst recently too, been too lazy to photograph recently though.

Merlin1958
11-10-2014, 02:26 AM
Very nice!!! ;)

slayn666
11-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Hopefully I can start posting pictures again soon so I can update my thread.

Latest delivery brought the signed and numbered edition of Foxglove Summer by Ben Aaronovitch.

TJCams
11-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Went to a Christmas Bazaar at a local church just to look around. Low and behold, I grabbed 4 King paperbacks, and a copy of The Exorcist (kind of ironic finding it at a church???).

slayn666
11-11-2014, 02:19 AM
The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss, signed by Rothfuss and Nate Taylor (the illustrator)

It's not Doors of Stone but I guess it'll do...

TJCams
11-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Picked up my reserved pre-order of Revival at lunch today.... looking forward to jumping into it!

mhatchett
11-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Keeping with the autumnal theme! Got these today form Camelotbooks. Thanks for all the kind Birthday wishes. it was great day.

Plasticine
11-13-2014, 02:39 AM
I've been anxiously waiting for the arrival of two of my most expensive book purchases ever. The first arrived earlier today courtesy of Camelot Books.

http://i.imgur.com/1pfOT8O.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B03lKQu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kcoHQRq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jsf40rI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PtcfMTR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7PF3PgN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TgQ9WJo.jpg

I'm absolutely floored by just how mammoth this set is. I honestly expected six tiny hard back, but nope. Subterranean Press really went all out with this set. While I'll always adore my Stealth Press omnibus, I think this is the definitive presentation for these six books.

Now I'm just left waiting for another huge box from Centipede Press...

bugen
11-13-2014, 03:59 AM
That's awesome! Thanks for the great pics and description.

Martin
11-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Fantastic addition to your collection!

I've been anxiously waiting for the arrival of two of my most expensive book purchases ever. The first arrived earlier today courtesy of Camelot Books.

http://i.imgur.com/1pfOT8O.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B03lKQu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kcoHQRq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jsf40rI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PtcfMTR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7PF3PgN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TgQ9WJo.jpg

I'm absolutely floored by just how mammoth this set is. I honestly expected six tiny hard back, but nope. Subterranean Press really went all out with this set. While I'll always adore my Stealth Press omnibus, I think this is the definitive presentation for these six books.

Now I'm just left waiting for another huge box from Centipede Press...

TJCams
11-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Wow!!!! Very nice set. I would love to get my hands on something like that. Big fan of Barker, and I am going to try to get the Books of Blood in some form or another soon.

bugen
11-14-2014, 04:12 AM
TJ you can have mine if you'd like for the cost of shipping. It's the Barnes and Noble omnibus edition containing volumes 1 - 3 only, but it's hardcover and in pretty good shape. I'm going to guess that it's probably cheaper to find a copy up there if you're in Canada, but it's yours if you want it - just send me a PM.

Plasticine
11-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my Books of Blood purchase. Today another massive box showed up, this time from Jerad at Centipede Press.

http://i.imgur.com/GCSFXmT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/msnsRpe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eXwBl50.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WsMmiwH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OjtZDz5.jpg

This was another huge book purchase for me (up until now the most I've spent on a book is $125), and I couldn't be happier with it. The slipcase is very snug, but that's okay. The paper stock is thick and heavy. The color reproduction for the art is simply beautiful. Really bright and colorful. I would have liked to get photos of a couple of the pieces, but the binding simply wouldn't co-operate. I can't wait to see how Centipede's edition of The Red Tree turns out!

Sock Monkey
11-17-2014, 07:47 PM
The Drowning Girl looks beautiful! I am very very jealous! ☺ Congratulations on the addition to your collection!

Martin
11-18-2014, 03:07 AM
Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my Books of Blood purchase. Today another massive box showed up, this time from Jerad at Centipede Press.

http://i.imgur.com/GCSFXmT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/msnsRpe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eXwBl50.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WsMmiwH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OjtZDz5.jpg

This was another huge book purchase for me (up until now the most I've spent on a book is $125), and I couldn't be happier with it. The slipcase is very snug, but that's okay. The paper stock is thick and heavy. The color reproduction for the art is simply beautiful. Really bright and colorful. I would have liked to get photos of a couple of the pieces, but the binding simply wouldn't co-operate. I can't wait to see how Centipede's edition of The Red Tree turns out!

Stunning!

Theli
11-21-2014, 12:24 AM
Great additions everyone. I also picked up They Thirst and the Books of Blood and they are amazing editions. Drowning Girl looks absolutely gorgeous. Centipede are always top notch.

jhanic
11-21-2014, 04:36 PM
My latest, acquired over a short period:

It CD unbound proof "2nd proof":

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionunboundprooftitlepage_zps0 3991945.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionunboundprooftitlepage_zps0 3991945.jpg.html)

Picture from the proof:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionunboundproofpicture_zpscbe 55617.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionunboundproofpicture_zpscbe 55617.jpg.html)

Doctor Sleep unbound galley (the page looks wrinkled, but it's only because of the plastic bag):

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/DoctorSleepCDunboundgalley_zpsb55a781c.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/DoctorSleepCDunboundgalley_zpsb55a781c.jpg.html)

Provenance for the CD Doctor Sleep unbound galley:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/DoctorSleepCDunboundgalleyprovenance_zps42f063ce.j pg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/DoctorSleepCDunboundgalleyprovenance_zps42f063ce.j pg.html)

An original drawing by Glenn Chadbourne for the CD Doctor Sleep:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/DoctorSleepCDoriginaldrawing_zps5b0e967d.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/DoctorSleepCDoriginaldrawing_zps5b0e967d.jpg.html)

Thanks to the members here!

John

jhanic
11-26-2014, 07:42 PM
My latest:

The Dark Man unbound proof cover:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/DarkManunboundproofcover_zps6ac1ae4b.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/DarkManunboundproofcover_zps6ac1ae4b.jpg.html)

The Dark Man unbound proof copyright page:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/DarkManunboundproofcopyrightpage_zps16837cda.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/DarkManunboundproofcopyrightpage_zps16837cda.jpg.h tml)

The Dark Man unbound proof of one of the pages:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/DarkManunboundproofart_zpsf793c044.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/DarkManunboundproofart_zpsf793c044.jpg.html)

John

Theli
11-26-2014, 10:16 PM
Very nice adds as usual.

Lincoln
11-28-2014, 01:55 AM
Picked up one of my 'holy grail' books yesterday, after being on the lookout for it for years - the 1984 Hill House Press limited edition of Straub's 'Ghost Story', in fine/fine condition. Will post some pics when it arrives.
Lincoln.

Sock Monkey
11-28-2014, 03:09 AM
Picked up one of my 'holy grail' books yesterday, after being on the lookout for it for years - the 1984 Hill House Press limited edition of Straub's 'Ghost Story', in fine/fine condition. Will post some pics when it arrives.
Lincoln.
Congratulations! That is one heck of an addition to your collection! Look forward to seeing the pics!

srboone
11-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Very nice! It's a beautiful book. Congrats on that one.

srboone
11-28-2014, 02:28 PM
I just got back from B&N's Black Friday autographed book sale. There were a lot of them there (but not the 100's of authors the ad spoke of); nothing King-wise, but some popular authors like Janet Evanovich, David Mitchell (I might go back and get The Bone Clocks), Lee Child, Douglas Preston, Chuck Palahnuik. I passed those up. I picked a copy of the 10th ann. edition of American Gods. I have two signed copies, but this one was printed exclusively for B&N (thus it is a first printing); plus, it has two tip-in sig sheets--oops!--both signed. A lot of signed YA novels there that I passed up, too.

Then I picked up a copy of 41: A Portrait of my Father by President George W. Bush, autographed by his father.

Theli
11-29-2014, 05:20 AM
Lincoln.

Very nice, congrats. Can't wait for the pics.

TJCams
12-01-2014, 04:23 PM
I will have to take some pics and add them to my collection thread.... this weekend I visited my 2 favourite local used book shops. Stop #1 I was able to find a like new pb copy of Dan Simmons Song of Kali, which I had been on the hunt for for a while now. Stop #2 I found a 1st edition HC copy of The Stand. So, for $6.00 for both books...... worked out pretty good!

jhanic
12-01-2014, 05:04 PM
I will have to take some pics and add them to my collection thread.... this weekend I visited my 2 favourite local used book shops. Stop #1 I was able to find a like new pb copy of Dan Simmons Song of Kali, which I had been on the hunt for for a while now. Stop #2 I found a 1st edition HC copy of The Stand. So, for $6.00 for both books...... worked out pretty good!

Two GREAT books!

John

bsaenz24
12-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Lincoln.

I love that edition. Great b/w art.

Merlin1958
12-02-2014, 12:55 AM
I went to the, Austin event and received this...

Theli
12-02-2014, 02:35 AM
Very cool, congrats!

srboone
12-02-2014, 03:26 AM
Sweet! Congrats!

jhanic
12-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Nice, Bill! Congratulations!

John

Martin
12-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Congratulations!

Ben Staad
12-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Congrats.

mhatchett
12-08-2014, 11:35 PM
I jumped on Centipede's Jim Thompson offering! I'll post photos once they arrive.
Mike

Theli
12-09-2014, 02:13 AM
Can't wait, love Jim Thompson's work.

jhanic
12-09-2014, 07:13 PM
My latest:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/BlockadeBillyunboundproof_zps724c796a.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/BlockadeBillyunboundproof_zps724c796a.jpg.html)

And one of the pictures:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/BlockadeBillyunboundproofpicture_zps912b91b9.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/BlockadeBillyunboundproofpicture_zps912b91b9.jpg.h tml)

Although this is one of the unbound proofs from Cemetery Dance, it doesn't have the "1st Proof" or "2nd Proof" printed on it. There was/is another of these on eBay that also didn't have the printing.

Just one more of the CD unbound proofs to go now--Doctor Sleep!

John

Theli
12-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Very nice again. Congrats on almost completing this small part of your collection.

jhanic
12-11-2014, 07:17 PM
I got the okay to post this, the galley proof of CD's Carrie:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/CarrieCD40thAnniversarygalleyproof_zpsc2d3cfae.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/CarrieCD40thAnniversarygalleyproof_zpsc2d3cfae.jpg .html)

John

Martin
12-11-2014, 07:40 PM
WOW!!! That is a great addition to your collection, congratulations.

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/CarrieCD40thAnniversarygalleyproof_zpsc2d3cfae.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/CarrieCD40thAnniversarygalleyproof_zpsc2d3cfae.jpg .html)

John

slayn666
12-12-2014, 02:17 AM
Damn, nice!

srboone
12-12-2014, 02:28 PM

John

Somehow, I knew you had that one, John! ;) Great add!

mhatchett
12-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi All,
Got my Jim Thompson's from centipede today. They are great and I'm really glad they aren't huge! LOL!
MDH

Theli
12-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Very nice! Somewhat jealous. I can't quite justify buying them right now.

srboone
12-14-2014, 02:48 AM
Congratz, Mike! they look great.

Dave1442397
12-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Hi All,
Got my Jim Thompson's from centipede today. They are great and I'm really glad they aren't huge! LOL!
MDH

That's a really nice set of books. I was looking at them in Jerad's newsletter today, and thinking about it, but then I searched my computer and realized I have every Jim Thompson book in mobi format, so I'm just going to read thos e for now.

jhanic
12-16-2014, 08:13 PM
I got the okay to post this today:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FaithfulCDproofaltcover_zps932b3933.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FaithfulCDproofaltcover_zps932b3933.jpg.html)

This is the Books to Benefit/Cemetery Dance with a preliminary cover.

John

Martin
12-16-2014, 08:16 PM
That is nice!

I got the okay to post this today:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/FaithfulCDproofaltcover_zps932b3933.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/FaithfulCDproofaltcover_zps932b3933.jpg.html)

This is the Books to Benefit/Cemetery Dance with a preliminary cover.

John

slayn666
12-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Rather than list out so many books, I'll just link it (https://www.librarything.com/catalog/donaldmcobb&tag=Hard+Case+Crime&collection=-1). I already had Joyland, but the lot came with another copy in the CD slipcase.

bookworm 1
12-18-2014, 06:29 AM
Those are beautiful. I was looking at them also. also The only CP title I am interested in at the moment is Logan's Run.I would love to have a copy of that book.
Hi All,
MDH

mhatchett
12-18-2014, 01:59 PM
They are nice. I want the Logan's Run. I'm looking forward to the Karl Wagner Kane set, some more crime novels they've talked about and the Fritz Leiber set. Centipede puts out some nice stuff!

Theli
12-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah but that will bust my bank, gonna need those Kane books.

Sock Monkey
12-18-2014, 03:02 PM
I too would love to start picking up done more Centipede Press titles. Their selection they've put out in the last few months (A Mountain Walked, Drowning Girl, Ender ' s Game, the Jim Thompson set) have all made my "if only I had enough money" list. Logan ' s Run and the Kane books look very cool, but I have my eye on The Shaft and the Dennis Etchison collection.

mhatchett
12-19-2014, 01:14 AM
Yeah but that will bust my bank, gonna need those Kane books.

OH YEAH! With a cool slipcase.

Theli
12-19-2014, 05:01 AM
Yeah man, should be sweet. Know if the Leiber books will be the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser series? Also if the crime books have anything to do with Ellroy or Cain, I'll have to get a second job :(

mhatchett
12-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Yeah man, should be sweet. Know if the Leiber books will be the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser series? Also if the crime books have anything to do with Ellroy or Cain, I'll have to get a second job :(
It will be the Gray Mouser series!! No Elroy, My Dark Places is one of my Favorite books, or Cain, but Night of the Hunter Davis Grubb is on the list. Can't wait. Frankly if I hadn't gotten blown up in Iraq, I wouldn't be able to afford them either LOL!!!
MDH

Theli
12-19-2014, 04:13 PM
^Now that's finding a silver lining. Never read Night of the Hunter, but the film by the same name is a total classic. Didn't even know it was based on a book. Maybe I should pick up the novel one of these days.

mhatchett
12-19-2014, 08:21 PM
^Now that's finding a silver lining. Never read Night of the Hunter, but the film by the same name is a total classic. Didn't even know it was based on a book. Maybe I should pick up the novel one of these days.
Is Robert Mitchum the best or what!? Silver lining, Hell yeah. I'm home, deaf in one ear, but hell I only ever half listened anyway LOL!!! Since I pay more attention now, it doesn't seem that bad. And if I don't want to listen to somebody, I've got the perfect excuse.
MDH

bookworm 1
12-20-2014, 12:11 PM
What a great built in excuse for ignoring the misses. " Sorry honey I did not hear you ask me to do that(insert chore here) . ..Remember I was blown up in Iraq."

Thank you for your service. I grew up in a military family.

RobertJohn
12-26-2014, 10:20 PM
I received Via Dolorosa in hardcover just before Christmas. This officially completes my Ronald Malfi collection. Only waiting on the HCs for December Park.

Theli
12-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Nice! Cool, Malfi collection.

saginawhorror
12-30-2014, 02:15 PM
after Christmas shopping spree!! I really need to update my thread!

Destinations Unknown by Gary Braunbeck (Which arrived yesterday)

Hell Hollow by Ronald Kelly

Shivers III edited by Richard Chizmar ( Have them all now!!!)

and I bought a bunch of chapbooks, all signed

- A Miscellany by William F. Nolan
- Out There in the Darkness by Ed Gorman
- Testament: The Unpublished Prologues by David Morrell
- Sepsis by Graham Masterton
- Honor System by Jack Ketchum
- The Man In The Palace Theater by Ray Garton
- Skin by Charlee Jacob

srboone
12-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Great titles! And congratz on completing your Shivers collection1

saginawhorror
12-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Yeah. Still need a paperback of 6 and my copy of shivers is a 2nd edition, but I own a copy of all 7. Also have my copy of Horrible Gods by Wrath James White on the way.

Theli
12-31-2014, 08:34 PM
Also got a couple books in over the holidays, more still coming too.
Poppy Z. Brite - Lost Souls
Brian Lumley - A Coven of Vampires (chapbook)

I'll snap some shots when Carrie arrives.

Plasticine
12-31-2014, 10:14 PM
Which edition of Lost Souls did you get?

Theli
01-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Gauntlet's limited edition. It was tough to track down. I'd gotten burned from a well known seller earlier this year when I bought a copy off ebay.

Plasticine
01-01-2015, 06:35 PM
I hope you get it this time. It's a really beautiful edition of the book. Easily one of my favorite novels of all time, so I made it a point to get that edition when I decided to start collecting.

Theli
01-01-2015, 06:45 PM
It arrived a few days ago, and yeah it's a fantastic edition. Have yet to read it though.

Plasticine
01-06-2015, 10:33 PM
My first arrivals of 2015.

http://i.imgur.com/uCariN9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6maJgVq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0Zxva4z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WT14cwM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cx8hrq0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dBmByLg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TaRN1f0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/r2Ot2HO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KLM7dA1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/23YaFh6.jpg

Both books are wonderful.

Carrie is a very big girl for such a short book. I can only imagine how mammoth The Stand is going to be. The reproduction of King's acceptance telegram is a very nice touch. Lovely, thick paper and gorgeous endpapers. Great start to Cemetery Dance's King series.

The Club Dumas is insane. Really ornate book that feels like a lot of love and effort was put into the presentation. I wish I had gotten a good picture of the reverse side of the dust jacket. I've never owned any version of the book, so I have no idea if the standard trade includes the engravings or not. Either way, they're a great inclusion. The Vincent Chung artwork is beautiful, moody and dark. Absolute book porn by Sub Press, which is perfect considering what the novel is about.

mhatchett
01-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Love The Club Dumas, books and the Devil right on! Wish someone would do a special editon of The Fencing Master, a fantastic novel, full of feeling and passion.

Martin
01-07-2015, 02:50 AM

Carrie is a very big girl for such a short book. I can only imagine how mammoth The Stand is going to be. The reproduction of King's acceptance telegram is a very nice touch. Lovely, thick paper and gorgeous endpapers. Great start to Cemetery Dance's King series.

The Club Dumas is insane. Really ornate book that feels like a lot of love and effort was put into the presentation. I wish I had gotten a good picture of the reverse side of the dust jacket. I've never owned any version of the book, so I have no idea if the standard trade includes the engravings or not. Either way, they're a great inclusion. The Vincent Chung artwork is beautiful, moody and dark. Absolute book porn by Sub Press, which is perfect considering what the novel is about.

Nice start to the year!

srboone
01-07-2015, 04:13 AM

Happy, Happy New Year! Great editions!

TJCams
01-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Very nice!

I picked up a couple pb's on the way home yesterday..... Isaac Asimov's Caves of Steel, Kurt Vonnegut Slaughterhouse-Five, and Thomas Tryon The Other

jhanic
01-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Nice!

John

racerx45
01-08-2015, 03:31 AM
I picked this up the other day

Here is some info about it:

November, 2014
‘Salem’s Lot
Special Bound Edition
In 2004 a very small publishing house, known as Centipede Press, created one of the most treasured Stephen King limited editions published to date.
Betts Books and TheDarkTower.Org were fortunate enough to obtain the last two remaining sets of unbound pages from the 2004 Limited Edition publication. Using these last two sets, Betts Books, and TheDarkTower.Org have collaborated to create two remarkable pieces of craftsmanship.
This Book is One of The Only Two Specially Bound Sets
Both books were three-quarters bound in leather; one bound in black, and the other in red. Using fine hand binding and tooling techniques that have been passed down for generations, the books include the Jerry Uelsmann photographs, deleted scenes from the original manuscript, and the Stephen King afterword from the Pocket Books edition as published in the 2004 edition.

Martin
01-08-2015, 03:51 AM
I picked this up the other day

Here is some info about it:

November, 2014
‘Salem’s Lot
Special Bound Edition
In 2004 a very small publishing house, known as Centipede Press, created one of the most treasured Stephen King limited editions published to date.
Betts Books and TheDarkTower.Org were fortunate enough to obtain the last two remaining sets of unbound pages from the 2004 Limited Edition publication. Using these last two sets, Betts Books, and TheDarkTower.Org have collaborated to create two remarkable pieces of craftsmanship.
This Book is One of The Only Two Specially Bound Sets
Both books were three-quarters bound in leather; one bound in black, and the other in red. Using fine hand binding and tooling techniques that have been passed down for generations, the books include the Jerry Uelsmann photographs, deleted scenes from the original manuscript, and the Stephen King afterword from the Pocket Books edition as published in the 2004 edition.

Congratulations, great addition to your collection!

srboone
01-08-2015, 04:36 AM
WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOW!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding additon. Beautiful!

Theli
01-08-2015, 06:17 AM
Very killer edition of 'Salem's Lot. I am so jealous. Is this edition signed? Sucks to know it's one I'll never own.

Plasticine: Nice adds, The Dumas Club looks fantastic.

mhatchett
01-08-2015, 01:13 PM
We don't have to own it Theli, just knowing that book is in the world makes us better bibliophiles....LOL
MDH

frik51
01-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Very killer edition of 'Salem's Lot. I am so jealous. Is this edition signed?

No, it isn't.
Unless someone brought it along to a King signing and managed to get him to sign it...

sk

bookworm 1
01-08-2015, 07:24 PM
It is a very nice looking book.

Theli
01-08-2015, 09:01 PM
We don't have to own it Theli, just knowing that book is in the world makes us better bibliophiles....LOL
MDH

What a crappy consolation prize! :D

Theli
01-08-2015, 09:02 PM
No, it isn't.
Unless someone brought it along to a King signing and managed to get him to sign it...

sk

Cool, slightly less jealous...

racerx45
01-09-2015, 01:20 AM
WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOW!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding additon. Beautiful!

Thanks srboone

Very killer edition of 'Salem's Lot. I am so jealous. Is this edition signed? Sucks to know it's one I'll never own.

Plasticine: Nice adds, The Dumas Club looks fantastic.

It could be a killer edition; it is 12 lbs. so if you hit someone with it could be a bad thing. As frik51 said it is not signed.

MDH

;)

No, it isn't.

sk

I would love to have it signed but I don’t see that happening

It is a very nice looking book.

Thanks bookworm 1

Theli
01-09-2015, 06:42 AM
It could be a killer edition; it is 12 lbs. so if you hit someone with it could be a bad thing.

This is generally how I judge the awesomeness of a book.

bookworm 1
01-09-2015, 01:21 PM
This is generally how I judge the awesomeness of a book.
And it's red so you don't have to worry about blood stains.:o.

mhatchett
01-16-2015, 05:39 PM
My First add of the year, an oldie but goodie, The Illustrated(by John Lawrence) 1976 edition of Watership Down Richard Adams. The book is in fantastic condition with slipcase. Proof that you don't have to drop a packet to get a wonderful, wonderful book. This book brings back so many memories from the 70's. I remember reading this right after I read the Lord of the Rings, the edition with the crazy onion skin maps in the back. Anyway, really excited abut this additon.
Mike

Theli
01-16-2015, 05:44 PM
Very cool!

racerx45
01-17-2015, 01:09 AM
I like those congratulations

Sock Monkey
01-17-2015, 06:08 AM
Great addition with Watership Down!

racerx45
01-17-2015, 06:50 AM
New to me

srboone
01-17-2015, 02:22 PM
My First add of the year, an oldie but goodie, The Illustrated(by John Lawrence) 1976 edition of Watership Down Richard Adams. The book is in fantastic condition with slipcase. Proof that you don't have to drop a packet to get a wonderful, wonderful book. This book brings back so many memories from the 70's. I remember reading this right after I read the Lord of the Rings, the edition with the crazy onion skin maps in the back. Anyway, really excited abut this additon.
Mike

Awesome addition. I'm going to have to look up that one too!

srboone
01-17-2015, 02:22 PM
New to me

sweet add!

slayn666
01-17-2015, 05:17 PM
New to me

I've got a paperback copy of this. It's a fun anthology.

racerx45
01-17-2015, 06:27 PM
sweet add!

I've got a paperback copy of this. It's a fun anthology.

Thanks I picked it up for $25, it arrived in a Bodart and looks like it has not been read.

Lincoln
01-17-2015, 10:04 PM
New to me

Very nice, been meaning to pick this up for a while.

mhatchett
01-18-2015, 12:36 AM
Awesome addition. I'm going to have to look up that one too!
The illustrations are beautiful.

Merlin1958
01-19-2015, 01:41 AM
Very nice addition!!!! :cool:

Martin
01-19-2015, 01:53 AM
New to me

Nice copy, Congratulations!

TJCams
01-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Great Ghost Stories looks great! I've seen a few anthologies like this at the one local used book shop - never picked one up yet though for some reason.

Watership Down is book I read, and used to own a copy way back when I was a kid (1980s), even remember watching an animated movie about it.

bookworm 1
01-19-2015, 11:41 PM
Looks like I was able to snag a signed addition of Logan's Run from Centipede Press. Should be in the mail in about a week.Very happy as this has been on my radar since it was announced.

srboone
01-20-2015, 03:31 AM
Tempting at $85, but I'm going to pass, I think. Congratz, Tom.

bookworm 1
01-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Thanks Squire. I am just about bought out for the year now. Still have 5 book club coupons to use over the next 5 months and with the King books and Little books all on pre-order I think I am set........of course I have said that before.:D.

srboone
01-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Yes you have! ;)

Looking forward to some pics.

mhatchett
01-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Two new Subterranean Press adds. I think Peter Brett does a good job with his novellas. Be nice when they finally do the main novels. Not Joe's strongest effort, but good.

Theli
01-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Still gotta get around to checking out both authors. Nice adds though, can't go wrong with Sub. Press.

frik51
01-22-2015, 07:17 PM
I got the Joe Abercrombie book as well. i ordered it mainly because of the artwork. :confused:
Has anyone read it?

sk

slayn666
01-22-2015, 07:43 PM
I have. It reads a lot like his other books, just with a single POV character.

mhatchett
01-22-2015, 08:50 PM
I read it, though I enjoyed it, I didn't find the writing up to his usual standard. Good story, couple of twists, just, I don't know. Still glad I bought it and looking forward to the sequel, next month?
Mike

bugen
01-23-2015, 04:07 AM
I actually loved Half a King. I've read 5 of Abercrombie's 7 novels and this is my favorite so far, though I can understand his hardcore fans might find it a little different, maybe even a bit of a letdown.

It didn't have his trademark pessimism to the extent of the original trilogy, but it's still there and has a good amount of gloom. It definitely feels more streamlined than the trilogy - a very quick read. I still have to get to Best Served Cold and Heroes, which many say are his best.

This one was my first Abercrombie (thanks Marduk) and got a full 5 stars from me.

slayn666
01-23-2015, 03:04 PM
The Heroes was my least favorite of the stand-alone books. That's not to say it was bad, because it's very good, just not as good as the other two in my opinion.

I do find it kind of weird that you read Red Country before the other two, though. They're all internally sequential by publication date and you spoil some things by reading them out of order.

bugen
01-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I messed the order all up, staring with Half a King, then Red Country, then the trilogy. I was actually trying to get in the Red Country read before SubPress sold out of the lettered in case it was a killer book, which I thought was a possibility after Half a King.

jhanic
01-27-2015, 03:07 PM
My latest proof. Contains King's The Doctor's Case:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/Black%20Lizard%20Boof%20of%20Locked%20Room%20Myste ries_zpsilbb3dxn_1.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/Other_Proofs/Black%20Lizard%20Boof%20of%20Locked%20Room%20Myste ries_zpsilbb3dxn_1.jpg.html)

I also got a while ago, the HC ARC of Revival. This is the publisher's letter:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Revival%20HC%20ARC%20publisher%20letter%20p1_zpsp7 ir25cs_1.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/Revival%20HC%20ARC%20publisher%20letter%20p1_zpsp7 ir25cs_1.jpg.html)

Page 2:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Revival%20HC%20ARC%20publisher%20letter%20p2_zpscf wnz2yq_1.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/Revival%20HC%20ARC%20publisher%20letter%20p2_zpscf wnz2yq_1.jpg.html)

John

srboone
01-28-2015, 04:51 AM
As always, John, your collection astounds. Great additions.

mhatchett
01-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Centipede Press has arrived! The Weird Review, wow fantastic. The articles about Ackerman, Bradbury and Matheson alone are worth the cover price. As always, the complete package.
Mike

Theli
01-31-2015, 05:26 PM
Nice adds Mike.

Dave1442397
01-31-2015, 06:54 PM
Centipede Press has arrived! The Weird Review, wow fantastic. The articles about Ackerman, Bradbury and Matheson alone are worth the cover price. As always, the complete package.
Mike

Nice! I'm waiting for my copy of Logan's Run too.

srboone
02-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Great, Mike! But why are these terrific editions lying on a pitted cement bench? :rolleyes:

bookworm 1
02-03-2015, 05:07 AM
So he can brag about the lack of snow.:). books look great. Waiting on my copy of Logan's Run as well.
Great, Mike! But why are these terrific editions lying on a pitted cement bench? :rolleyes: