PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Ask??

misery chastain loves co.
03-10-2012, 02:32 AM
Picture it...you finally get to meet the man in person...you run into him in Bangor(aka Derry) Maine, or a book signing..or win the lottery and pay for some dang time with him! What is the first burning question you ask him?

(I apologize if this has been done already but hey, if so, I missed it so please answer again! :D)

Teriw
03-10-2012, 02:47 AM
Will you sign my IT: 25th anniversary gift edition

03-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Will you sign my IT: 25th anniversary gift edition

hahaha! Well played Teri...well played....

srboone
03-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Actually, this was played out before in an earlier thread, but I balked then. I decided that I would just shake his hand and thank him for 30 years of extraordinary reading expereinces. But I guess I might him "Why Dr. Sleep? Why now after 35 years?" Why not leave Danny with the Overlook behind him and the future ahead?"

Then again, maybe, not.

Teriw
03-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Why ask the same question he has been asked 1000 times already. That's why I wouldn't ask anything. I'm sure he is tired of it.

srboone
03-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Which is why I balked the first time.:o

TerryE
03-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Hey why not break out the old "Where do you get your ideas?" chestnut, then wait for the obligatory punch in the nose.

Robert Fulman
03-12-2012, 05:58 PM
"What's the one question that you wish people would ask you, but they never do?" Then I would not ask that question.

bsaenz24
03-12-2012, 07:31 PM
"How do I get you back to my house to sign my collection without you being hurt or me going to jail?"

Dan Hocker
03-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm not nearly as big of a Stephen King fan as the rest of you guys are, but I'd think the question to ask would be "Can we hang out more than just this once?"

srboone
03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah, or maybe: "Next rounds on you, right?"

03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm not nearly as big of a Stephen King fan as the rest of you guys are, but I'd think the question to ask would be "Can we hang out more than just this once?"

Brilliant! "What time should I be over for dinner?" That's not psycho stalker or anything right??

Randy D. Rubin
03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd say, "So, you're like this writer or something? Would it be something I'd know, like newspaper articles or tweets or like, you know, maybe something in a fortune cookie?"

peteOcha
03-15-2012, 01:40 PM
This one is pretty tough. I'd like to ask something that hasn't been ask a million times already, but I'm not sure I could come up with something. I'd probably just ask for a signature, thank him, and then ask him were he parked his car... :)

srboone
03-15-2012, 01:56 PM
"Do you validate parking?"

03-18-2012, 01:54 AM
As a fellow Red Sox fan I would absolutely ask "what happened in Sept 2011????" In fact, if I had gotten hold of those special tickets(you know what I mean srB) that's what I was going to ask.....:mad: :rolleyes: ;) no I don't easily let go of things :p

srboone
03-18-2012, 02:28 AM
It was an entertaining meltdown. I remember saying One signed King book was good enough for me. Since then, I got my hands on a s'l It, and am on the verge of spending waaaaay too much money for a falt-signed 1st/1st Danse Macabre.

Teriw
03-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Hate you

03-18-2012, 02:35 AM
It was an entertaining meltdown. I remember saying One signed King book was good enough for me. Since then, I got my hands on a s'l It, and am on the verge of spending waaaaay too much money for a falt-signed 1st/1st Danse Macabre.

Very nice!!! Congrats! I just recently bought an H/C nothing special version of Danse Macabre because that is the only SK book I didn't own. I hope you post a pic!
If you remember I mentioned having one signed book...my mom dated a fellow that knew Mr. King and he got me a personalized Tommyknockers. I cherish it! Hey, my new avatar is me in front of the Man's house!! :D

srboone
03-18-2012, 02:37 AM
You find and hate me on every thread, TEri. I haven't had my own personal stalker in about 20 years! ;)

Teriw
03-18-2012, 02:37 AM
More people to hate...lol

srboone
03-18-2012, 02:42 AM
Very nice....Lori! All my personalized book are by Ronald Kelly; I don't think too much about books inscribed to other people, but if i every saw one inscribed " TO Squire" I jump on it and claim it personalized to me!

So that avatar photo was taken before you were arrested for loitering, right?;) In your previous avatar, was that George Romero you were getting cuddly with?

03-18-2012, 02:44 AM
Hahahaha! Thank you! Nothing like a little stalking right?? I now live about 5 miles from there but alas, STILL have not seen him!!!
That was George Romero! My other hero! Keen eye Mr. B! Don't you forget to tell me about the BluePaw ;)

Xiabei
03-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Why was the ending of "Cell" not included in the book? :D

But seriously... I'd ask what happened to him as a young teen that's he's kept buried all these years?

srboone
03-18-2012, 02:47 AM
I'm sure I'll get it evetually. But I'll let you know. TIme to go to work....until next time...:(

03-18-2012, 02:51 AM
:( work? you poor man. I hope all goes well. Have a good rest of your weekend!

Teriw
03-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Time for me to go home. No wonder were always on at the same time. opposite shifts. goodnight all

peteOcha
03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Awesome avatar and signed book Lori!! The things that half the people on here would do for a book like that....:D

TerryE
03-19-2012, 09:51 PM

But seriously... I'd ask what happened to him as a young teen that's he's kept buried all these years?

Several years ago I was at an event with Steve, Tabby, and Owen King. During the Q&A session they opened questions and everyone wanted to ask Steve something. So towards the end they specifically asked for questions for Tabitha and Owen. Someone actually stood up and asked Owen what it was like growing up with Stephen King. I think they wanted some sort of horror story about how creepy his dad is and that he's scarred for life because of it. Nope, Owen just told how it was a pretty normal childhood and that his parents went through great pains to keep it normal even though dad was one of the most famous people on the planet.

Teriw
03-19-2012, 10:09 PM

He likes to leave the ending out a lot. It pisses me off. I think cell is the only novel I have noticed so far. Most of them are short stories or in the case of the mist, a novella.

Teriw
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM

He likes to leave the ending out a lot. It pisses me off. I think cell is the only novel I have noticed so far. Most of them are short stories or in the case of the mist, a novella. These two, the mist and cell, stick out the most for me along with the raft...I was particularly angry with that one. Cell too, the mist not so much because I tend to think of the movie ending which is much better IMO.

Tasmaniac
03-22-2012, 04:37 AM
I'd ask him - "You wrote those Twilight novels, right?"

srboone
03-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Ouch! Do you ask him that before or after you stab himwith your No. 2 pencil?

Tasmaniac
03-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Ouch! Do you ask him that before or after you stab with you No. 2 pencil?

Oh definitely after - I'd want to hear the denials! ;)

With my bloodied, splintered pencil raised to the gods - leaving approximately half embedded in his right eye - I scream to the encompassing crowd, "The King is dead! Long live the King!" A wave of shock pulsates through their blank faces until his offspring, Joe, deftly empties his gun of 45's into what is technically classed as my heart.

Okay, Meds time again!

LouiseS
01-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Picture it...you finally get to meet the man in person...you run into him in Bangor(aka Derry) Maine, or a book signing..or win the lottery and pay for some dang time with him! What is the first burning question you ask him?

(I apologize if this has been done already but hey, if so, I missed it so please answer again! :D)

I would ask Stephen if he was ever afraid of one of his characters that he was about to write about. I have a character in a story that I am writing that is based on an experience I had years ago. I found myself writing the short story, but I realized that I was doing it in a clinical way. I have written technical reports in the past and recognized this. My husband thinks it is because I am afraid of the character in the story. I would love to know his response.