No announcement yet.

Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay to be published by Dark Regions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was announced about a week back, but this is now up for preorder through an Indiegogo campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ho...egions-press#/

I was toying with picking up the lettered--I've been pleasantly surprised with DRP's traycased editions--but since I'll have the book in a matching numbered set from SST, I think I just might stick with that. The Nolan book looks interesting as well.

Comment

Personally not a fan of Indiegogo campaigns and will probably end up going with the SST version because of that. Would love to snag the DRP hardcover limited of Tremblay's book but have no desire for the other two books in the hardcover package. Perhaps they will have a single copy of the limited available later; however, I will probably not chance it and just go with SST version, especially since I already have head full of ghosts preordered with them.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        Personally not a fan of Indiegogo campaigns and will probably end up going with the SST version because of that. Would love to snag the DRP hardcover limited of Tremblay's book but have no desire for the other two books in the hardcover package. Perhaps they will have a single copy of the limited available later; however, I will probably not chance it and just go with SST version, especially since I already have head full of ghosts preordered with them.
        DRP stated that the Indiegogo funding was flexible and they were going to publish the books whether they hit the goal or not. So I'm sure you'll be able to get CABIN once the campaign is over. The difference is that if you buy during the Indiegogo campaign, you'll get campaign exclusive signature sheets. Though I'm not sure.

Comment

The Cabin at the End of the World won the 2019 Locus Award for Best Horror Novel yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
            The Cabin at the End of the World won the 2019 Locus Award for Best Horror Novel yesterday.
            Nice! Looking at their list of nominees, I feel like I'm not caught up with the what's new.

Comment

Based on your feedback we have added a separate level for The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition by Paul Tremblay signed & numbered hardcover to the campaign page. The deluxe lettered traycased hardcover will have a retail price of $325 and it is included in the COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE which is $350 and gets you a lot more for an additional $25 (signed & numbered hardcover of The Cabin at the End of the World, Writing as Life signed & numbered, surprise limited hardcover and Joshua Hoffine Horror Photography deluxe hardcover). Thanks for your feedback and hope you consider reserving The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition in the Indiegogo campaign, but it will also be offered for preorder later this year on our website.

Indiegogo link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...-regions-press

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Comment

Hi Chris,

That's awesome news! Thanks for being willing to do that. I went ahead a reserved a copy of the Tremblay book via your current Indiegogo campaign. Random question, but do you know if those indiegogo orders will be migrated to our DRP accounts so that we can view them with the rest of our pending DRP orders? If not, no worries. Let me know what you think whenever you have a chance. Thanks again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Morey View Post
                  Based on your feedback we have added a separate level for The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition by Paul Tremblay signed & numbered hardcover to the campaign page. The deluxe lettered traycased hardcover will have a retail price of $325 and it is included in the COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE which is $350 and gets you a lot more for an additional $25 (signed & numbered hardcover of The Cabin at the End of the World, Writing as Life signed & numbered, surprise limited hardcover and Joshua Hoffine Horror Photography deluxe hardcover). Thanks for your feedback and hope you consider reserving The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition in the Indiegogo campaign, but it will also be offered for preorder later this year on our website.

Indiegogo link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...-regions-press
                  That's great adjusting from Chris and DRP. I applaud that move. I have expressed frustration in the past with these models being a confusing and unsatisfying way to buy a book you want. Thanks for some ease and clarification, Chris.

Ron

Comment

A little birdie just told me that SST will be publishing Tremblay's Growing Things. So the three book set will be a four book set. I don't know if Serra will be doing the art on that one as well. But I can't imagine, with all of SST's Tremblay books coming out so close together, that Paul Fry would pass on making all 4 match.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      A little birdie just told me that SST will be publishing Tremblay's Growing Things. So the three book set will be a four book set. I don't know if Serra will be doing the art on that one as well. But I can't imagine, with all of SST's Tremblay books coming out so close together, that Paul Fry would pass on making all 4 match.
                      Heard this as well. Very happy that I decided to pull the trigger on this set. SST has started to become one to watch for me. With the Lansdale collections and the Tremblay books it’s like Paul is leaning back in his plush leather office chair, staring at the ceiling, forefinger slowly tapping his upper lip, asking “What will get that Sock Monkey guy on the CD forum to buy my books?”

In reality, he’s probably just trying to score a neat Jeffingoff YouTube video...

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        Heard this as well. Very happy that I decided to pull the trigger on this set. SST has started to become one to watch for me. With the Lansdale collections and the Tremblay books it’s like Paul is leaning back in his plush leather office chair, staring at the ceiling, forefinger slowly tapping his upper lip, asking “What will get that Sock Monkey guy on the CD forum to buy my books?”

In reality, he’s probably just trying to score a neat Jeffingoff YouTube video...
                        The integrity of my channel cannot be bought! JK! What's integrity.

I agree with you on the uncanny way Paul is selecting his next books! I'm basically on the hook for every one of his latest announcements. If he moves on to Palahniuk or publishes an edition of The Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe, I'll know somethings up.

Comment

The integrity of my channel cannot be bought! JK! What's integrity.
                          Sadly, I have to agree with Jeff on "integrity"...he said if I paid him $200, he would make a video of his unboxing a Happy Meal! Seriously?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            Sadly, I have to agree with Jeff on "integrity"...he said if I paid him $200, he would make a video of his unboxing a Happy Meal! Seriously?!?!
                            Not how I remember it, Brad! First off, it was $250, AND secondly, it was a Feel Your Way meal by Burger King. https://www.khq.com/news/feel-your-w...a3933de5a.html

I was going to unbox the DGAF box. I was also offered an additional $50 bonus if I cried into my soft drink. But word got back to Burger King and they offered me $301 to NOT do the video. So it was tabled. Unless I'm hearing theres an offer of $302 to do the video, it'll stay tabled.

Comment

In today's DRP newsletter:
                              Paul Tremblay Special TODAY ONLY - A Head Full of Ghosts and Disappearance at Devil's Rock Free!
                              We have a special for today, July 9th only for Paul Tremblay fans!

Join the Horror Summer Sale 2019 Indiegogo Campaign at the COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE Level and Get Signed & Numbered Hardcovers of Both A Head Full of Ghosts and Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay Included for Free ($100 Retail Value!)

If I didn't already have all three editions ordered from SST, I would be alllllll over this offer. The two lettered editions I have from DRP are beautiful. And CABIN seems to be a fantastic read. I think it's a phenomenal value.

Oh, also DRP is going to be doing an edition of Malorie--the BIRD BOX sequel. I'm definitely getting that!

Comment

I saw this but wasn't 100% sure what it was. Screenplay, new book, another special edition of Bird Box.

Oh, also DRP is going to be doing an edition of Malorie--the BIRD BOX sequel. I'm definitely getting that!
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X