No announcement yet.

Gwendy's Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea we offered the slipcase separately for the trade.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Random question, but, did you guys ever announce the winners of your Gwendy's contest: "Win A $250 Gift Certificate From Cemetery Dance Publications"? Can't remember seeing if the winners were announced yet. If I overlooked that info, I apologize. I never win these sorts of things but am always excited when someone on the forum ends up snagging something cool via the contests.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        Random question, but, did you guys ever announce the winners of your Gwendy's contest: "Win A $250 Gift Certificate From Cemetery Dance Publications"? Can't remember seeing if the winners were announced yet. If I overlooked that info, I apologize. I never win these sorts of things but am always excited when someone on the forum ends up snagging something cool via the contests.
        I don't think we posted it here, but we did post on social media. Not sure if this link will work, but here is the post on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/CemeteryDan...57559943892881

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          I won one of these things, a contest (Not a contest run by Cemetery Dance) years ago. Some contests I enter, some I pass on. This one had appeal to me with the Win A $250 Gift Certificate From Cemetery Dance Publications.

Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Decided to begin the audiobook on release day rather than wait for the limited I have on order. Had no clue what to expect with this story but I must say I am enjoying where life has taken Gwendy. Enjoying this one so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Decided to begin the audiobook on release day rather than wait for the limited I have on order. Had no clue what to expect with this story but I must say I am enjoying where life has taken Gwendy. Enjoying this one so far.
              That's good to hear. I really enjoyed the first book, although it seemed to have very mixed reviews.

Comment

Today I received Gwendy's Magic Feather in the mail. It's a bigger book, longer, than Gwendy's Button Box. One thing that really struck me was the blue color used on the dustjacket. IMO, the pictures of the dustjacket online simply do not do justice to actually holding the physical book. Whoever designed the dustjacket sure got it right!

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                  Today I received Gwendy's Magic Feather in the mail. It's a bigger book, longer, than Gwendy's Button Box. One thing that really struck me was the blue color used on the dustjacket. IMO, the pictures of the dustjacket online simply do not do justice to actually holding the physical book. Whoever designed the dustjacket sure got it right!

Cap
                  I'm still waiting patiently for mine to arrive from CD. Did you order yours from CD? If so, did you receive a shipping notice? It seems that people who ordered from Amazon got theirs quicker, but I have seen that several people have also received theirs from CD already.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                    I'm still waiting patiently for mine to arrive from CD. Did you order yours from CD? If so, did you receive a shipping notice? It seems that people who ordered from Amazon got theirs quicker, but I have seen that several people have also received theirs from CD already.
                    We sent shipping notices on Friday of last week. You should have gotten yours. Amazon and Barnes & Noble broke release date and started shipping about a week and a half early, apparently we aren't big enough or important enough for them to care about the release date. We had already made special arrangements with USPS for having our packages picked up all at once so we didn't overwhelm the local post office. Pretty much every pre-order (unless it was bought over last weekend) was shipped out the door on or before 11/18. I think the international orders went on Thursday of last week and FedEx / UPS orders went on Friday of last week. Everything else went on Monday. If you didn't get a shipping notice, feel free to drop me an email and I'll check on your order.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      We sent shipping notices on Friday of last week. You should have gotten yours. Amazon and Barnes & Noble broke release date and started shipping about a week and a half early, apparently we aren't big enough or important enough for them to care about the release date. We had already made special arrangements with USPS for having our packages picked up all at once so we didn't overwhelm the local post office. Pretty much every pre-order (unless it was bought over last weekend) was shipped out the door on or before 11/18. I think the international orders went on Thursday of last week and FedEx / UPS orders went on Friday of last week. Everything else went on Monday. If you didn't get a shipping notice, feel free to drop me an email and I'll check on your order.
                      Thanks for the reply, Dan. I went back and checked my order and it was for the Limited Edition. D'oh! Sorry for the confusion. I'll go wipe the egg off my face now.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                        Thanks for the reply, Dan. I went back and checked my order and it was for the Limited Edition. D'oh! Sorry for the confusion. I'll go wipe the egg off my face now.
                        Ahh no problem. The limited edition won't be out until sometime next year. The book is a completely different interior design and trim size, and will be printed at a different printer.

Instagram

Comment

Just a head's up: I got the signature sheets for the limited, lettered edition from Ben Baldwin this past week, and just finished signing them. I will drop the package off at the local FEDEX place tomorrow, where they will head off back to CD. It looks like a very nice production, and I was honored to be a small part of it!

Comment

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
                            Just a head's up: I got the signature sheets for the limited, lettered edition from Ben Baldwin this past week, and just finished signing them. I will drop the package off at the local FEDEX place tomorrow, where they will head off back to CD. It looks like a very nice production, and I was honored to be a small part of it!
                            No, no, no Keith! You're supposed to hold on to those for a year or two

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

No, no, no Keith! You're supposed to hold on to those for a year or two
                              Somewhere out there is someone who received their signature sheets and thought "this is EXACTLY what I need to level out that wobbly table leg!"

Comment

Believe me, I could tell you stories... But my lawyer advises me to zip it!

Comment

Working...
                                X