Carrie--PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
    Interested to see what is up with this edition of the book. Has an artist been named yet?
    It is Glenn Chadbourne. I already posted details about it at #5 of this thread.
    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 02-25-2014, 06:15 PM.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      After getting Pet Semetary and Christine, I am passing on future PS gift editions. I think I've gotten too spoiled by the SK gift editions CD does basically the same $$. Even cheaper actually. I just do think the value is there in the PS editions. If it weren't for the first two being "Christine" and "Pewt Semetary", I would have passed on those.
      No value in the oversized remarqued Lettered Edition of Carrie then, Brad?
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Thanks Brian and T-Dogz.

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Thanks Brian and T-Dogz.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

No value in the oversized remarqued Lettered Edition of Carrie then, Brad?
            Maybe. I'm not try to sound down on the PS editions. Obviously a lot of people like them. I just don't think the quality is in the ballpark of the CD gift editions at basically the same price.

Comment

Agree. I may pass on Carrie but I think I will jump on I believe Night Shift. Mr. Dogz might know if that is the next one. As I have said before I am focusing on a few authors and only getting things I really want. Spent to much time and money on books I thought I would want and found out later I wish I had checked them out of the library or found a used paperback edition.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Agree. I may pass on Carrie but I think I will jump on I believe Night Shift. Mr. Dogz might know if that is the next one. As I have said before I am focusing on a few authors and only getting things I really want. Spent to much time and money on books I thought I would want and found out later I wish I had checked them out of the library or found a used paperback edition.
                Thinner is next, followed by Skeleton Crew. You're right Tom, Mr Dogz did know if Night Shift is the next one...
                - Stephen King

Comment

Well I knew it was a short story collection.. I might skip thinner also but Skeleton Crew I probably would get.
                  Thinner is next, followed by Skeleton Crew. You're right Tom, Mr Dogz did know if Night Shift is the next one...

Comment

Carrie order page is up! I just ordered mine.

Comment

Damn. I was planning on skipping Carrie, but Glenn's artwork.....sigh....decisions.....

Comment

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...stine_preorder

Anniversary Edition Set of Christine and Pet Sematary (matching numbers) - $300.00

Published by PS Publishing.

Introduction by Michael Marshall Smith.

Afterword by Richard Chizmar.

Important Note: We're only selling matching numbers of Christine and Pet Sematary. You will have the right of first refusal for subsequent PS Publishing King Anniversary Editions (provided we are supplied with them) at the published price. Limit one set per customer, household, or plane of existence.

PS Publishing has announced special anniversary editions of two classic Stephen King novels: Christine and Pet Sematary. We've been lucky enough to secure a limited number of copies for our customers. Order them singly, or as a set with matching numbers.

Arnie saw Christine for the first time and fell in love with her. I was with him that day—we were on our way home from work—and I would testify on the matter before the Throne of Almighty God if called upon to do so. Brother, he fell and he fell hard. It could have been funny if it hadn't been so sad, and if it hadn't gotten scary as quick as it did. It could have been funny if it hadn't been so bad.

How bad was it?

It was bad from the start. And it got worse in a hurry.

And so begins Stephen King's classic haunted car story, Christine. If you haven't read it then you are in for the cruise ride of your life. And if you have read it then the prospect of re-visiting will surely have your stomach tied up in knots.

This 30th Anniversary edition features specially commissioned artwork from Tomislav Tikulin—four landscape pieces for the wraparound cover, the two sets of endpapers and the fully illustrated slipcase—and interior b&w images by Jill Bauman, plus an Introduction from Michael Marshall Smith and an Afterword by Cemetery Dance head honcho Richard Chizmar.

Anniversary Edition: Limited to 750 numbered hardcover copies, in slipcase

Comment

I like the cover art they have up for Carrie, though not enough to buy the book. The PS editions look amazing and I seem to go back and forth on them, but always settle on passing. Though if anyone is interested Sub Press has eight matching sets of Christine and Pet Sematary available for $300, and you get right of first refusal for Carrie.

Comment

I ordered mine through PS as that's where I got the other two, sent an email to them about getting the same number.

Comment

Ordered mine just now. I like the art samples given on PS's site (though it would be hard to top the cover of Christine.) Hopefully they will be able to make the April 2014 deliverydate.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                Damn. I was planning on skipping Carrie, but Glenn's artwork.....sigh....decisions.....
                                Bet you want the deluxe oversized and remarqued edition of this puppy now eh, Brad?

Mmmmmm.... Oversized! LOL!!!
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X