Requesting a favor from any forum member who lives in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting a favor from any forum member who lives in the UK

I just learned of a Turin Brakes track I do not yet have. It's Three Days Old by the UK band Turin Brakes. Apparently I can not download this track via the US version of iTunes. If anyone could assist me in obtaining this track, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks!

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 09-28-2016, 01:17 PM. Reason: typo
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

If you know of a UK site that has it, you can change your apparent location using Hola (in Chrome). I've done that so I can watch BBC TV programs.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fbnlmeio?hl=en

Comment

I think the UK iTunes has the track and I have an iTunes acct. When I try to get the track that way I get stuck in some "loop" and am unable to buy the track. Thanks for the info. about Hola. I'm unsure about this Hola.... Is it safe?

Cap

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      If you know of a UK site that has it, you can change your apparent location using Hola (in Chrome). I've done that so I can watch BBC TV programs.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fbnlmeio?hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        I think the UK iTunes has the track and I have an iTunes acct. When I try to get the track that way I get stuck in some "loop" and am unable to buy the track. Thanks for the info. about Hola. I'm unsure about this Hola.... Is it safe?

Cap
        Yes, Hola has been around for years, and is well regarded. It's definitely not malware. If you add it as a Chrome extension, you can just use it to get your music and then disable it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
          Yes, Hola has been around for years, and is well regarded. It's definitely not malware. If you add it as a Chrome extension, you can just use it to get your music and then disable it again.

Okay, it turns out I had the Turin Brakes track Three Days Old all along. On the last song of The Optimist LP, Three Days Old begins with about 2:17 left on the last song. Three Days Old is there. I've encountered bands that have, for example, a long song and they stop playing music after a while-Seem to take a break and play more music on the same track. This is the first time I've found an entire track hidden on one long song.
          I also, to my surprise, found the Turin Brakes 4 song EP-We'll Be Here. I downloaded and burned that to a CD. I had thought We'll Be Here was only available on Spotify.

Cap
          Last edited by c marvel; 10-13-2016, 06:19 AM. Reason: To disclose what I learned of course ( ;

Comment

Using a vpn can help you.
            like Ivacy VPN for chrome for free. No signup required

Comment

Working...
            X