Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    I'm pretty excited for the Comic Con here this weekend. I never care too mnuch about the actors who come, but I always look forward to the artists. This year didn't look to good until they revealed that Neal Adams will be coming. I am huge fan of his Batman art, and Deadman stories (as well as art).
    Neal was at Baltimore again this year too. He's a really nice guy, but one of the very few artists who would charge for an autograph. Last year I had him sign my Megalith #1 and he commented on the beautiful condition of the book and suggested I get it graded.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      The last 2 years near Christmas they've had a ComiCon in Windsor, it started small year one (a small legion hall outside the city I think), last year they had to move it to the downtown area in one of the convention halls that is part of one of the local colleges (St. Clair). I haven't checked into how things are progressing this year, but hopefully I may be able to check it out. It's mostly comics and sci-fi I think, and nothing large scale.....yet. I hope they add a horror aspect and maybe be able to build on it. Windsor has lots of spaces available for something like this to be successful - plus we are across the river from Detroit, MI - so lots of people to draw interest from too. I may contact them and suggest some stuff, as it would be awesome for them to get some big names in - as I am sure that can pretty hard to do though.
      I don't know how hard that might be. A local comic shop is doing a small show next month here in the Baltimore area. It's mixed comic, sci-fi, horror, collectibles, but the organizer has booked Jim Steranko. Granted, he said that it ate up most of his budget, but that's a pretty significant talent for a small show.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

There is a BookFest this weekend here in Windsor, the biggest author scheduled is Margaret Atwood (I think). Not sure if I will make it or not.
        Not a bad list of authors, Eleanor Catton will be there which is a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
          So i was looking at a few books in the store that would be classified as fantasy. My thought and subsequent question..why are all the characters names have to be tongue twisters? Can we just have a John, Joe, Mary, Sue?
          That has definitely put me off some books. I'm not much into fantasy to begin with, but when they start throwing around all the unpronounceable names of both people and places, it annoys me. I can't even keep the characters straight because they all sound pretty much the same.

Comment

So, was just checking out patterns, etc. for jack o' lanterns...stumbled upon this creepy little turnip jack o' lantern, which of course, were what the first ones were made of.....

Traditional_Irish_halloween_Jack-o'-lantern.jpg

Pretty cool!

Comment

^Pretty damn creepy.

Comment

And for the record, I went to the store last night to try to make my own turnip head - apparently this is actually a rutabaga. Which, according to the internet, is actually a cross between a cabbage and a turnip - I guess people in N America call rutabagas turnips, even though they aren't technically turnips. Turnips are more white/purple. Now that we are all educated on our root vegetables....... Let me tell you - they are bitch to carve! They also do have a cabbage type smell to them too, almost spicy aroma.... and are very waxy too.

Comment

But how did it turn out?
                  And for the record, I went to the store last night to try to make my own turnip head - apparently this is actually a rutabaga. Which, according to the internet, is actually a cross between a cabbage and a turnip - I guess people in N America call rutabagas turnips, even though they aren't technically turnips. Turnips are more white/purple. Now that we are all educated on our root vegetables....... Let me tell you - they are bitch to carve! They also do have a cabbage type smell to them too, almost spicy aroma.... and are very waxy too.

Comment

Happy Halloween, everyone! A little comic strip I did up for the occasion in the link.

http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/20...ppy-halloween/
                    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Happy Halloween everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        Happy Halloween everyone!
                        Same to you and to everyone else, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Comment

Looks like something out of a Tool video. Very creepy indeed.
                          So, was just checking out patterns, etc. for jack o' lanterns...stumbled upon this creepy little turnip jack o' lantern, which of course, were what the first ones were made of.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13638[/ATTACH]

Pretty cool!

Comment

Hope everyone had a great Halloween. Spent most of mine at work then slept a bit then back to work where I am at now enjoying a half hour break. 9 hours left till quitting time. Think I might sleep the weekend away.

Comment

I got to leave work early yesterday and went trick or treating with my little 2 year old for the first time. It was a fun day.

Comment

Weather here was terrible, warm though (low 60s, high 50s), tons of rain, really windy. Maybe had 15-20 kids show up at my place for the night.

Comment

Working...
                                X