New Richard Chizmar Book from Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Richard Chizmar Book from Thunderstorm Books

Just a heads ups to any interested. Mr. Chizmar has a new book up for preorder through Thunderstorm Books!

Here's some info from Thunderstorm's site:

The Vault
    by Richard Chizmar
    The Vault is early me—for better or for worse—kind of like opening an old-fashioned road map and touching a finger to the big, black X that marks the first tentative steps of a long and arduous journey. A journey I am grateful every single day to still be traveling.
    But that’s the future—and it will have to wait. Right now, let’s go back in time. Way back. Thirty years.
    See that baby-faced guy slumped over his desk in front of the big window? That’s me, under that baseball cap, pecking away at my keyboard, learning, hoping, dreaming—always dreaming.
    Let’s walk a little closer, and see what I’m up to.
    —from the introduction.

Note:
    The Vault is limited to 400 total copies. There are three states, all three have the same content. One is an oversized limited edition (66 copies), one is a standard sized limited edition (99 copies), one is a trade paperback (235 copies).

It looks like the oversize Black Voltage edition has sold out already, but the standard sized Nightmare Alley edition is still available.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Just a heads ups to any interested. Mr. Chizmar has a new book up for preorder through Thunderstorm Books!

Here's some info from Thunderstorm's site:

The Vault
    by Richard Chizmar
    The Vault is early me—for better or for worse—kind of like opening an old-fashioned road map and touching a finger to the big, black X that marks the first tentative steps of a long and arduous journey. A journey I am grateful every single day to still be traveling.
    But that’s the future—and it will have to wait. Right now, let’s go back in time. Way back. Thirty years.
    See that baby-faced guy slumped over his desk in front of the big window? That’s me, under that baseball cap, pecking away at my keyboard, learning, hoping, dreaming—always dreaming.
    Let’s walk a little closer, and see what I’m up to.
    —from the introduction.

Note:
    The Vault is limited to 400 total copies. There are three states, all three have the same content. One is an oversized limited edition (66 copies), one is a standard sized limited edition (99 copies), one is a trade paperback (235 copies).

It looks like the oversize Black Voltage edition has sold out already, but the standard sized Nightmare Alley edition is still available.
    Saw that earlier this morning, and almost pulled the trigger on the oversized edition. But given the theme of the contents, I decided to go for the standard limited hardcover at half the price instead. I still question that decision now, hours later, but given that the oversized ed. is now sold out, I guess it’s kinda moot. Just glad to have snagged a copy...and, heck, 99 copies is still a very low limitation.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I pulled the trigger on the standard "Nightmare Alley" limited edition as well. I debated on the Black Voltage version, but settled on this one as the price point is more attractive and I've been toying with the idea of picking up the other books in this line.

I used to buy a lot of Thunderstorm's books, but that tapered off for a while. I still follow them pretty closely--Paul is good people-- and they have more than a couple of books that have piqued my interest lately.

Comment

I went for the Black Voltage edition. It'll be my third Thunderstorm book. I think the production is top quality.

Comment

I chose the unsigned trade paperback. I have four or five Richard Chizmar books he's written with other authors. I saw the $40 (I think that's the right price) S/L has already sold out. ~Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I used to buy a lot of Thunderstorm's books, but that tapered off for a while. I still follow them pretty closely--Paul is good people-- and they have more than a couple of books that have piqued my interest lately.
            This’ll be my third Thunderstorm within the last month or two...I picked up Lutzke’s HALO OF FLIES and Jeff Strand’s FEROCIOUS...and now this Chizmar.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have maybe seven Thunderstorm Book titles. From what I understand, one TSB title I own does have better value on the secondary market. ~Cap

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              This’ll be my third Thunderstorm within the last month or two...I picked up Lutzke’s HALO OF FLIES and Jeff Strand’s FEROCIOUS...and now this Chizmar.
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I've got Paul holding my copy of the BV edition (I buy all the BV titles).

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                  I've got Paul holding my copy of the BV edition (I buy all the BV titles).
                  Nice. I love the idea of attempting a full collection of BV titles, but the amount that Paul publishes coupled with some books just not being my cup of tea takes that out of the equation. They are nice books though and do regret parting with some of those.

Aesthetically, the Douglas Westerns are my favorite. Those are some sharp looking books. I also really enjoyed the leather-bound Elementals.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    I forgot about HALO OF FLIES. That one piqued my interest. The ones that are calling my name are Kelli Owen's TEETH, Mary SanGiovanni's NIGHT MOVES, Ronald Kelly's BUZZARD ZONE and Jeff Strand's FEROCIOUS.

I'd buy a lot more TSB books if the prices could fit more within my budget.

Comment

I'd buy a lot more TSB books if the prices could fit more within my budget.

Same here. Picked up the Nightmare Alley (BV was sold out already)

Comment

Nice. I love the idea of attempting a full collection of BV titles, but the amount that Paul publishes coupled with some books just not being my cup of tea takes that out of the equation. They are nice books though and do regret parting with some of those.

Aesthetically, the Douglas Westerns are my favorite. Those are some sharp looking books. I also really enjoyed the leather-bound Elementals.
                        I have the Douglas westerns, but something weird happened with Janz's Dust Devils, I have it but it's in a different series, even though it is a western. They are my favorite as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          I have the Douglas westerns, but something weird happened with Janz's Dust Devils, I have it but it's in a different series, even though it is a western. They are my favorite as well.
                          Similar to Chizmar's THE VAULT, Janz's DUST DEVILS was published as two different editions in two different lines from Thunderstorm. One was under the Janz-specific Shadow Side imprint that matched all the books in the series: http://thunderstormbooks.com/thunder...k/dust-devils/

The second version was done under the Douglas Western imprint: http://thunderstormbooks.com/thunder...dust-devils-2/

I believe that the Douglas Western version has a smaller print run at 40 copies where the Shadow Side version has a run of 60.

I like the look of the Shadow Side books as well, but the Douglas Westerns slightly edge it out, in my opinion.

Comment

I have Paul holding me one of the BV versions along with another book he hasn't announced publicly yet. Now I need to find some money. Had to skip Revival as that money has yet to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                              I have Paul holding me one of the BV versions along with another book he hasn't announced publicly yet. Now I need to find some money. Had to skip Revival as that money has yet to be found.
                              Damnit! Now I'm really worried for my money. THE VAULT was my second Thunderstorm impulse buy (the first being Halo of Flies)--and I went right for the Black Voltage edition because I know no restraint. Now you're teasing that there's another unannounced book that is worth securing before it's announced?? AND there are two Strand books I'd love to buy just sitting on the Thunderstorm homepage. I'm really curious why FEROCIOUS and BRING HER BACK haven't sold out. Does Thunderstorm ever have sales?

Comment

Working...
                              X