Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    So, what is the mystery book?
    Those who are ordering now are sworn to secrecy. The rest of the world will know on the 28th.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Those who are ordering now are sworn to secrecy. The rest of the world will know on the 28th.
      I ordered Brother through the fine folks at Cemetery Dance so I get to wait until Saturday. At least I know it is not a King title.

Comment

Ordered the cheap edition. It’s one of my all-time favorite books, but I have a nice edition of it already, so can’t justify the deluxe versions’ cost. Plus, that cheap edition has a couple features that I prefer, so win-win.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Ordered the cheap edition. It’s one of my all-time favorite books, but I have a nice edition of it already, so can’t justify the deluxe versions’ cost. Plus, that cheap edition has a couple features that I prefer, so win-win.
          Did you get Brother?

Comment

I assume you are referring to a gift edition. If this one has a gift edition I will probably get that at a minimum. Looking forward to seeing what the offering is. How well does Mr. Jeffingoff's stake play into the story?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I assume you are referring to a gift edition. If this one has a gift edition I will probably get that at a minimum. Looking forward to seeing what the offering is. How well does Mr. Jeffingoff's stake play into the story?
              I really can't comment on that. For a couple reasons. One being that I've never read this book though I've always been meaning to (which makes reading THE HIDING PLACE even more irksome to me, knowing I'm spending time on a book I don't like when there are so many others waiting!). And another reason is that I'll say something that goes too far and I'll spoil the surprise. Which is why I'm glad I didn't know the title when I did the teaser to the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I'll respect Paul's wishes and not give any hints on what the book may be. I mentioned the "cheap edition" -- which may or may not be a Gift Edtion -- only because Paul typically has more than one edition to choose from as part of his business model...this one's no different.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'll respect Paul's wishes and not give any hints on what the book may be. I mentioned the "cheap edition" -- which may or may not be a Gift Edtion -- only because Paul typically has more than one edition to choose from as part of his business model...this one's no different.
                  I can respect that.

Comment

I really can't comment on that. For a couple reasons. One being that I've never read this book though I've always been meaning to (which makes reading THE HIDING PLACE even more irksome to me, knowing I'm spending time on a book I don't like when there are so many others waiting!). And another reason is that I'll say something that goes too far and I'll spoil the surprise. Which is why I'm glad I didn't know the title when I did the teaser to the announcement.
                    I enjoyed it. I'm terrible at predicting these things but I'm thinking it will sellout quickly.

Glad you're able to stay on track, Jeff with the non-Kings.

Edit: Understanding that sellout thing doesn't matter to Paul; I wonder if he'll do another book that isn't well known since there are so many copies of Brother left.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      I enjoyed it. I'm terrible at predicting these things but I'm thinking it will sellout quickly.

Glad you're able to stay on track, Jeff with the non-Kings.

Edit: Understanding that sellout thing doesn't matter to Paul; I wonder if he'll do another book that isn't well known since there are so many copies of Brother left.
                      Paul was pleased at the rate Brother was selling. And had he kept the print run at 250, Brother would be sold out weeks ago. This new one might sell out sooner than Brother. I don't know. I'm horrible at guessing as well.

Comment

Paul was pleased at the rate Brother was selling. And had he kept the print run at 250, Brother would be sold out weeks ago. This new one might sell out sooner than Brother. I don't know. I'm horrible at guessing as well.
                        Great point. I didn't take the extra 250 into account. I'll go out on a limb and say the latest one sells out first day of public release.

Comment

Great point. I didn't take the extra 250 into account. I'll go out on a limb and say the latest one sells out first day of public release.
                          What are you willing to wager?? I think it'll last longer than that. If it sells out the first day, I'll read a Bentley Little story.

Comment

I am kind of hoping for something with a gift edition release that would be an easy pass for me at a limited level. I Am Legend would be an example. Didn't really like it I originally read and would not spend $200 plus for a copy. So many people rave about it that I do want to try again so a gift for around $100 would get me to jump in. I will see on Saturday.

Comment

What are you willing to wager?? I think it'll last longer than that. If it sells out the first day, I'll read a Bentley Little story.
                              No dog in the fight of Bentley, I just like giving you a hard time about it lol. Have never read the man and probably never will. Although it would probably please Ron to a great degree

Paul has all my wager monies sown up for the next 40 years, give or take.

Comment

No dog in the fight of Bentley, I just like giving you a hard time about it lol. Have never read the man and probably never will. Although it would probably please Ron to a great degree

Paul has all my wager monies sown up for the next 40 years, give or take.
                                Bentley Little is a really fun read, Jeff is just wrong on this one. I recommend The Mailman.

Comment

Working...
                                X