No announcement yet.

I too am downsizing a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, yeah, I figured it was probably the former. I remember well the imprint subscription fiasco that at the time didn't win Shane any friends. Guess that kind of fallout can linger.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      At the risk of prying..."hate" about Delirium, specifically, or ultra-limited S/Ls?
      The publisher an ex-friend, not the books themselves, although the books do serve as a reminder of what a lying, theiving bastard Staley is. There was a contract of his own devising entered into by many of his loyal supporters, some of which had joined the ranks of "lifetime subscribers" within two years of his shutting the doors to producing Delirium books on Sunday, and then reopening the same doors on Monday and calling himself Dark Fuse, and screwing those of us that supported his business for nearly a decade. Its like being married to a lying, cheating, (insert expletive here), and then to find out they filed for divorce because they became unhappy with the contract. So, yep, still a sensitive subject. Probably doesn't help that my ocd will never let it go.

Hope that cleared it up. Sorry to bring it up, but it should never be forgoten what kind whiny-little-bitch said publisher is.

Comment

Between the stories I've heard about Delirium and what went went with Night Shade, I've learned to never, ever enter into a lifetime subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          Between the stories I've heard about Delirium and what went went with Night Shade, I've learned to never, ever enter into a lifetime subscription.
          Words to live by.

Comment

Delirium was just one of a long line of publishers whose lifetime subscriptions deals became less than a bargain. For every one outfit like Cemetery Dance whose lifetime subscriptions folks (a deal I've never stopped kicking myself for not taking advantage of way back when) are making out like bandits, there are many whose lifetime programs were short-lived and left consumers holding the bag. Not a good ratio, and not one that I've ever chosen to gamble upon; with the history the industry showing 9 out of 10 small-press publishers closing their doors in relatively quick order, I'm surprised anyone buys these things. 'Course, as described above, Shane and Delirium took it all to a whole new level, with a simple name change (rather than a shuttering of operations) being used as a reason to cancel their lifetime subs.
            Last edited by RonClinton; 06-14-2016, 05:06 PM.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I remember being upset that I couldn't afford to purchase the lifetime plan from Nightshade at the time. I know some folks had bad experiences with them, but I was always pleased with the books I bought from Nightshade. The Wellman set and the Wagner set being particular favorites. Well, things happen for a reason!

Comment

I was specifically referring to the new owners of Night Shade not honoring the lifetime subs. That's certainly their right, but it still sucks for the folks who paid all that money.

Comment

It does, but it seems that the new owners are doing lots of things differently. I don't know if Jason is even there anymore.

Comment

I was specifically referring to the new owners of Night Shade not honoring the lifetime subs. That's certainly their right, but it still sucks for the folks who paid all that money.
                    Yes it does!!!

Comment

You've long since gotten rid of the older, rare Delirium titles, right? I think I asked about a few years back and you said you'd already sold that stuff (Punktown Ultra and Nether being the two I'm most interested in).
                      Camelot currently has two sets of the Delirium Ultra books for sale. Gotta be willing to drop some serious change (or pull a heist off Heat-style) as they are asking $6250 and $12500 (!) for each set.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        (or pull a heist off Heat-style)
                        One of the best crime dramas ever made IMO. Probably want to go more Ocean's 11 for the books though .

Comment

I saw those. I'm only REALLY interested in the Punktown volume and, maybe, The Rising prototype, so even ignoring the exorbitant price, I'm just not that interested in picking up a whole set.

I'm honestly interested in how long it takes Camelot to sell those sets. Interest in Delirium as a whole has plummeted, with only a handful of titles commanding prices above (or even at) original cover price, and in pretty much all cases that's due to the author, not the fact the book was printed by Delirium.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            One of the best crime dramas ever made IMO. Probably want to go more Ocean's 11 for the books though .
                            You can tell I'm not a criminal mastermind. I was thinking that if you knocked over armored transport you'd get the money to pay for the books. Of course, there isn't a happy ending to Heat, so Ocean's 11 is probably better. That way slayn gets the books and rides off into the sunset with Julia Roberts and his best friend, Brad Pitt. It works. I now officially put Brian in charge of all criminal-masterminding.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              You can tell I'm not a criminal mastermind. I was thinking that if you knocked over armored transport you'd get the money to pay for the books. Of course, there isn't a happy ending to Heat, so Ocean's 11 is probably better. That way slayn gets the books and rides off into the sunset with Julia Roberts and his best friend, Brad Pitt. It works. I now officially put Brian in charge of all criminal-masterminding.
                              LOL. Well now that I think about it, the Ocean crew couldn't spend the money either for fear of Andy Garcia tracking them down. I appreciate the promotion but we all better keep our day/night jobs for the time being .

Comment

Just did a huge price cut on a large batch of Cemetery Dance books.

They end Tuesday evening.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ruderabbit/m...p2047675.l2562

Comment

Working...
                                X