Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunning addition to your collection!

Comment

That is truly an awesome book. By the way if people have not seen the 2013 remake go watch it. I thought it was super. Still nothing like the original but very well done.

Comment

Phenomenal remarques! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
          Due to a mix up on my numbered PS edition of Carrie, I wasn't able to have a complete matching #1 set of the PS anniversary editions. However, I will now be able to have a complete matching #1 set of something far greater....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16483[/ATTACH]
          Very freaking cool, brother! The remarques are outstanding. I absolutely love Mr. Chadbourne's work, and you have some of his best there! Congrats on an amazing purchase!

Comment

Remarkable, just remarkable!! Glenn, is the man!!!
            My Collection:
            http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
            Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
            http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

You have such a great collection, and an amazing collection of remarques. Do you contact the artists directly and arrange for most of those? The only book I have done that with is my PS edition of Christine (and the slipcase came back damaged).

Comment

Thanks for the awesome comments guys!!
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                  You have such a great collection, and an amazing collection of remarques. Do you contact the artists directly and arrange for most of those? The only book I have done that with is my PS edition of Christine (and the slipcase came back damaged).
                  Yeah, I contact the artists direct to arrange remarques. It is a risk when it comes to shipping it to them though. If you are thinking of sending your book to an artist for a remarque in the future, the best thing to do is remove the dust jacket on the book and just send the book to the artist without the slipcase/traycase with it. This way, not only are you removing the risk of these getting damaged in the post, but the book will also be lighter without the slipcase/traycase and therefore will cost less to post to the artist.

I would love to see the remarque you got for your PS edition of Christine. Did you get Tomislav Tikulin or Jill Baumann to remarque it?
                  Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 03-04-2015, 06:19 AM.
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Jill Baumann remarqued it, and I love it. I also couldn't believe how reasonable her price was. It's one of the remarques of Christine posted on stephenkingcollector.com (and I'm pretty sure it's in my collection thread on here).

I was bummed about the damage. Even contacted PS to see if they had any extra slipcases they could sell, and they were out.

Comment

Jill Baumann remarqued it, and I love it. I also couldn't believe how reasonable her price was. It's one of the remarques of Christine posted on stephenkingcollector.com (and I'm pretty sure it's in my collection thread on here).

I was bummed about the damage. Even contacted PS to see if they had any extra slipcases they could sell, and they were out.
                      Too bad, still worth it I imagine.

Comment

Maybe you can find an unremarqued, undamaged copy for a reasonable price on eBay, abebooks, or elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                          Maybe you can find an unremarqued, undamaged copy for a reasonable price on eBay, abebooks, or elsewhere.
                          They don't seem to be found so cheaply. $150+ is what I've come across.

Edit: Though I suppose you could trade or sell the damaged copy to make back some of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post

Edit: Though I suppose you could trade or sell the damaged copy to make back some of the cost.
                            Since I don't plan on selling it anyway, I decided to just let it go. And it's better to have a small tear on the back of the slipcase than damage to the dust jacket. And the remarque is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                              Yeah, I contact the artists direct to arrange remarques. It is a risk when it comes to shipping it to them though. If you are thinking of sending your book to an artist for a remarque in the future, the best thing to do is remove the dust jacket on the book and just send the book to the artist without the slipcase/traycase with it. This way, not only are you removing the risk of these getting damaged in the post, but the book will also be lighter without the slipcase/traycase and therefore will cost less to post to the artist.

I would love to see the remarque you got for your PS edition of Christine. Did you get Tomislav Tikulin or Jill Baumann to remarque it?
                              Good point. I never considered removing the DJ's or slipcases before, but you make a very good point.
                              My Collection:
                              http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                              Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                              http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post

I didn't realize they were going for that much. Maybe I should sell mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X