New Richard Chizmar Book from Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Damnit! Now I'm really worried for my money. THE VAULT was my second Thunderstorm impulse buy (the first being Halo of Flies)--and I went right for the Black Voltage edition because I know no restraint. Now you're teasing that there's another unannounced book that is worth securing before it's announced?? AND there are two Strand books I'd love to buy just sitting on the Thunderstorm homepage. I'm really curious why FEROCIOUS and BRING HER BACK haven't sold out. Does Thunderstorm ever have sales?
    Unfortunately, Thunderstorm does not do sales. Typically their books sellout rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Typically their books sellout rather quickly.
      I know. But they seem to have quite the backlog on their homepage now.

Comment

I know. But they seem to have quite the backlog on their homepage now.
        Yeah, they have quite a few more than normal. I wonder if it's due to the amount of BV titles they've been putting out lately. Paul's stated that he has been working through his backlog. I wish they would have occasional sales as I'd be more willing to take chances on unknown authors at lower price points. I have to imagine that with such low print runs (BV titles are anywhere from 52-60 on average) that the profit margin has to be rather slim.

Comment

Damnit! Now I'm really worried for my money. THE VAULT was my second Thunderstorm impulse buy (the first being Halo of Flies)--and I went right for the Black Voltage edition because I know no restraint. Now you're teasing that there's another unannounced book that is worth securing before it's announced?? AND there are two Strand books I'd love to buy just sitting on the Thunderstorm homepage. I'm really curious why FEROCIOUS and BRING HER BACK haven't sold out. Does Thunderstorm ever have sales?
          I can say it's not a Strand I'm ordering. But I don't remember what else was early orders. I'd buy all the Strand from Thunderstorm too. I love their stuff. Really glad I bought the whole Janz set. That set is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
            I can say it's not a Strand I'm ordering. But I don't remember what else was early orders. I'd buy all the Strand from Thunderstorm too. I love their stuff. Really glad I bought the whole Janz set. That set is beautiful.
            I agree about the Janz books; they are a very attractive set. I kinda wish I had stayed the course with them.

Comment

It looks like Thunderstorm has sold of the Nightmare Alley edition. Camelot still has some available if anybody missed out.

Comment

Just a heads ups to any interested. Mr. Chizmar has a new book up for preorder through Thunderstorm Books!

Here's some info from Thunderstorm's site:

The Vault
                by Richard Chizmar
                The Vault is early me—for better or for worse—kind of like opening an old-fashioned road map and touching a finger to the big, black X that marks the first tentative steps of a long and arduous journey. A journey I am grateful every single day to still be traveling.
                But that’s the future—and it will have to wait. Right now, let’s go back in time. Way back. Thirty years.
                See that baby-faced guy slumped over his desk in front of the big window? That’s me, under that baseball cap, pecking away at my keyboard, learning, hoping, dreaming—always dreaming.
                Let’s walk a little closer, and see what I’m up to.
                —from the introduction.

Note:
                The Vault is limited to 400 total copies. There are three states, all three have the same content. One is an oversized limited edition (66 copies), one is a standard sized limited edition (99 copies), one is a trade paperback (235 copies).

It looks like the oversize Black Voltage edition has sold out already, but the standard sized Nightmare Alley edition is still available.
                Standard sized Nightmare Alley edition?? What is this? Please explain. ~Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                  Standard sized Nightmare Alley edition?? What is this? Please explain. ~Cap
                  Paul at Thunderstorm is all about uniformity (until he’s not, but we can discuss the Elemental line a different time), so everything they publish is in specific lines. Black Voltage is their leather-bound oversized editions while Nightmare Alley is their clothbound regular sized (can’t remember the dimensions) Edition. Books don’t normally, but occasionally, overlap lines.

Comment

Gotta love Thunderstorm. I've already received my shipping notice for THE VAULT. I also just watched Jeff's unboxing video for HALO OF FLIES so now I think I need to track down a copy... I'm starting to go down the TSB rabbit hole!

Comment

Gotta love Thunderstorm. I've already received my shipping notice for THE VAULT. I also just watched Jeff's unboxing video for HALO OF FLIES so now I think I need to track down a copy... I'm starting to go down the TSB rabbit hole!
                      Enjoy it when it gets there. I also received my shipping notice, though my incoming package has both THE VAULT and Jeff Strand’s FEROCIOUS in it. :-)
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Received my shipping notice and it was updated last night. Should be here by Friday.

Comment

I’m starting to regret my decision to pass on the Black Voltage version. I settled on the NA version because it was (a) cheaper and (b) I am toying with the idea of picking up all the NA titles and (c) trying not to go down the Black Voltage rabbit hole Now after Jeff’s high praise of Lutzke during one of his videos I’m leaning towards picking up more BV titles...but that collector voice inside my head is whispering “see, ALWAYS go for the nicer edition...)

If anyone is looking for the BV version Bad Moon has one listed on eBay for $135.

Comment

Sounds like the paperback is about to sell out too. I was definitely in for a BV, but they were gone by the time I got there.

Comment

Looks like Camelot has some copies of the NA version in stock:
                              http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/the-vault

Comment

This is taken from the Camelot Books description of The Vault by Richard Chizmar. One is a trade paperback (235 copies). This is the standard size, bound in cloth, signed limited edition of 99 copies and we will NOT be carrying this state. I'm guessing this is a mistake describing the trade paperback. I thought the trade paperback was unsigned. Camelot Books did not carry the trade paperback?

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X