No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. My copy of AT HOME IN THE DARK is on its way to me as we speak...looking forward to it.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Very cool adds, Martin!
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Nice additions!

I'm probably going to stop getting the Full Bleed volumes after the next one. I've already bought 4 bundled with the slipcase so once I get that I'll probably bow out. I have yet to read more than a few sections of each and there isn't all that much that interests me throughout the rest. I find myself thumbing through and re-shelving. And they're not particularly valuable. So the appeal is pretty low for me.
        I told my self that after two. Although I have come nowhere close to reading a whole edition I find enough content I enjoy to get value. I expect to stick with it. I am also looking forward to seeing how they structure the slipcase for the four editions.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Nice. My copy of AT HOME IN THE DARK is on its way to me as we speak...looking forward to it.
          I have not read it yet but it is a nice book.

Comment

A few photos of Sleeping Beauties:

The pictures aren't the best but no photos could do this book justice.
            P1380634.jpgP1380635.jpgP1380636.jpgP1380637.jpgP1380638.jpgP1380639.jpg

Comment

More Sleeping Beauties:

I believe the case and book are made from the same materials used The Vampyricon Trilogy from Lonely Road Books. The material looks fantastic and has in incredible feel to it.
              P1380640.jpgP1380641.jpgP1380642.jpgP1380643.jpgP1380644.jpgP1380645.jpg

Comment

More Sleeping Beauties:

The interior design is very creative and original. The art from Jana Heidersdorf is stunning and really conveys the story well.

P1380646.jpgP1380647.jpgP1380648.jpgP1380649.jpgP1380650.jpgP1380652.jpg

I could take many more pictures but will leave at that.

This may also be the largest book I have. At some point I will get some photos of this one next some others for a representation of the shear size.

Great Job Cemetery Dance!

Comment

Awesome photos, Martin! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Awesome photos, Martin! Congrats!
                    Thanks!

Comment

Beautiful pics. I'm not a fan of the book as a reading experience by any stretch of the imagination, but after seeing your pics and Jeff's video, I sure envy you guys having this work of art on your shelf.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Beautiful pics. I'm not a fan of the book as a reading experience by any stretch of the imagination, but after seeing your pics and Jeff's video, I sure envy you guys having this work of art on your shelf.
                        Thanks. I actually enjoyed the story. It could have been shorter but overall I enjoyed the read.

Comment

I was able to add a couple of Joe Hill items recently.

When Road Rage first came out the local comic store did not receive any copies of the alternate cover that featured Stephen King and Joe Hill as the bikers. I have been trying to find one since but the price has always been silly. I finally found it on eBay for a reasonable price:
                          P1380666.jpgP1380665.jpg

Comment

And I will be starting this tonight!
                            Full Throttle ARC:
                            It is definitely an advance copy. No mention of NOS4A2 in the Also By section and no page numbers on the index.
                            P1380654.jpgP1380655.jpgP1380656.jpgP1380657.jpg

Comment

More from Full Throttle:
                              P1380658.jpgP1380659.jpgP1380661.jpgP1380660.jpg

Comment

Cool adds, Martin! I didn't realize the Hill and King variant existed.

Comment

Working...
                                X