No announcement yet.

Let's get some Shelfies going!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love those McCammons. I'm glad to see you also have a few copies of "Gone South" which is still one of my favorites of his.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Love those McCammons. I'm glad to see you also have a few copies of "Gone South" which is still one of my favorites of his.
      Gone South is one of the few McCammon books that has never had a limited edition. (The others being Mystery Walk and Mine.) I would love to see what Letterpress Publications could do with one of those titles. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Great stuff! Two questions: Did Goblin come with a slipcase? I have a copy somewhere but do not recall a slipcase. Why two copies of Dead Astronauts?
        Your shelves make my shelves slap their cards on the table and yell "FOLD!"

The GOBLIN slipcase is actually a slipcase that Earthling made for SCARLET GOSPELS and it fits perfectly. Paul sold me one but said he had very few to spare and that was a while ago. It's an awesome production all its own.

goblin.jpg

As far as DEAD ASTRONAUTS: I preordered a trade edition and then VanderMeer posted that there was a bookstore in Florida that he visits and often signs books while he's there. So I emailed and bought a copy signed to jeffingoff. I also have the SubPress edition on preorder. I don't know if they have any more, but for anyone who's interested in getting signed VanderMeer's:

Thank you for your interest in ordering Jeff VanderMeer's newest novel, DEAD ASTRONAUTS ($27.00 + tax and ship). We cannot wait to share this incredibly unique new story with you!

To purchase a book personalized by Jeff VanderMeer, please call Midtown Reader at 850-425-2665 (M-Sat 10 am - 6 pm, Sunday 12-4 pm) and have the following information available:

1. Credit card information including your card number, expiration date, and CVV.
        2. How many books you would like included in your order. Additional signed VanderMeer titles are also available for order.
        3. The first and last name to whom you would like the book signed. If you would like a generically signed copy (author's signature only), that is also available.
        4. The shipping address for your order. The flat shipping rate for 1 copy of DEAD ASTRONAUTS is $3.27 nationwide.

Thank you so much for ordering DEAD ASTRONAUTS and for supporting local, independent bookstores. We look forward to hearing from you!

Tanya

Comment

A lot of excellent photo's and books. Very nice.

@Martin what is that postcard sized "Ghoul Kids" item on the Joe Hill shelf?
          It is actually a pin of the boy in Creepshow played by Joe Hill. Here are some better photos:
          P1380808.jpgP1380811.jpg
          Last edited by Martin; 03-31-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
            My McCammon shelves:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22066[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22067[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22068[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22069[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22070[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22071[/ATTACH]
            Seeing these make me realize I need to read more McCammon.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              Your shelves make my shelves slap their cards on the table and yell "FOLD!"

The GOBLIN slipcase is actually a slipcase that Earthling made for SCARLET GOSPELS and it fits perfectly. Paul sold me one but said he had very few to spare and that was a while ago. It's an awesome production all its own.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22073[/ATTACH]

As far as DEAD ASTRONAUTS: I preordered a trade edition and then VanderMeer posted that there was a bookstore in Florida that he visits and often signs books while he's there. So I emailed and bought a copy signed to jeffingoff. I also have the SubPress edition on preorder. I don't know if they have any more, but for anyone who's interested in getting signed VanderMeer's:

Thank you for your interest in ordering Jeff VanderMeer's newest novel, DEAD ASTRONAUTS ($27.00 + tax and ship). We cannot wait to share this incredibly unique new story with you!

To purchase a book personalized by Jeff VanderMeer, please call Midtown Reader at 850-425-2665 (M-Sat 10 am - 6 pm, Sunday 12-4 pm) and have the following information available:

1. Credit card information including your card number, expiration date, and CVV.
              2. How many books you would like included in your order. Additional signed VanderMeer titles are also available for order.
              3. The first and last name to whom you would like the book signed. If you would like a generically signed copy (author's signature only), that is also available.
              4. The shipping address for your order. The flat shipping rate for 1 copy of DEAD ASTRONAUTS is $3.27 nationwide.

Thank you so much for ordering DEAD ASTRONAUTS and for supporting local, independent bookstores. We look forward to hearing from you!

Tanya
              You shelves make me want to see more! I did not think my copy of Goblin had a slipcase. Thanks!

Comment

It just keeps getting Better!

Comment

My small Hallway Bookcase. If you stand on your head these look pretty good.
                  Hall 1.jpg

Hall 2.jpg

Hall 3.jpg

Comment

Thank you. That is pretty cool.

It is actually a pin of the boy in Creepshow played by Joe Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      My small Hallway Bookcase. If you stand on your head these look pretty good.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22078[/ATTACH]
                      Some really cool stuff in there. One of my biggest regrets in passing on a book was that I did not order the Mr. October set when it was announced. I have no idea what I was thinking.

Comment

I was glad to jump on it because it was a great collection and it also helped the family out.

Comment

I missed out on this as well. He was a great guy and author. Still miss him.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          I was glad to jump on it because it was a great collection and it also helped the family out.

Comment

Beautiful shots, everyone.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I missed out on this as well. He was a great guy and author. Still miss him.
                              I left a comment about one of his books on the old Shocklines board once. He actually sent me a message thanking me for my kind words and asked for my address. He sent me an inscribed copy of the book. Just a great person and he is missed. Can't remember what happened when the set was announced but somehow I did not get one.

Comment

That is cool.

We chatted a good amount on social media many years ago. I just went back and looked at some of our messages.

At one point he sent me a partial script just to be nice. Pretty cool reading something that wasn't finished and, at least to me, from a well known author. I had the nerve to make a few comments and send them to him. He was gracious and said he appreciated the comments.

Now I am trying to find the script. It's not in my messages so I'm not even sure how I received it. Maybe it is lost. :-(

I left a comment about one of his books on the old Shocklines board once. He actually sent me a message thanking me for my kind words and asked for my address. He sent me an inscribed copy of the book. Just a great person and he is missed. Can't remember what happened when the set was announced but somehow I did not get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X