Strange Weather by Joe Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Wow, even the lettered is sold out! Congrats CD!
    I actually thought that the lettered would have sold out first and was surprised when the limited beat it to the finish line.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      I actually thought that the lettered would have sold out first and was surprised when the limited beat it to the finish line.
      $1000 is a good bit of change, even for a Joe Hill lettered...at that price, it's bound to go slower than the typical lettered, and the gap was large enough between it and the numbered that it made the numbered look much more attractive.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

$500 would've been in my range as well. As far as the print run, it's probably the agreement for 1000 copies, 52 for the lettered leaves 948 for the limited.
        Guys....
        Remember the gift certificates?
        Plus another 10% off...(CDCC discount)...
        What's 40% of 1000?? (That's what is cost me...)

Well below the $500 range I'd say....
        In other words: join the 2018 CDCC!!!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Guys....

sk
          A took the Gift certificate and CDCC discount into account when I said $500. I meant a list price of $500 and at that point I would have jumped on it. Truth be told I probably would have gone as high as $800 list price.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            A took the Gift certificate and CDCC discount into account when I said $500. I meant a list price of $500 and at that point I would have jumped on it. Truth be told I probably would have gone as high as $800 list price.
            With that being said. Clearly CD priced it correctly for the market as it sold out in a day. It just wasn't for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              With that being said. Clearly CD priced it correctly for the market as it sold out in a day. It just wasn't for me.
              Lettered never are for me; I kind of get why folks collect them, especially if they have add'l content or bells and whistles, but when most lettereds are fundamentally the same book but with a letter instead of a number the add'l cost-to-return benefit just isn't there for me...I'm perfectly content with a well-done numbered edition.

Comment

Guys....

sk
                The half GCs are definitely the main draw to the CDCC. But every year when it's announced, it's always the absolute worse timing for me. I haven't been able to take advantage the last two years. If I had had some, I'd probably gone for the lettered. Truth is, they probably would have already been spent on the SB S/L.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Lettered never are for me; I kind of get why folks collect them, especially if they have add'l content or bells and whistles, but when most lettereds are fundamentally the same book but with a letter instead of a number the add'l cost-to-return benefit just isn't there for me...I'm perfectly content with a well-done numbered edition.
                  I get this. I'm always surprised when I see the PS lifetime subscriber "lettered" editions touted as being more rare and offered for a higher price than the standard numbered with the only difference being what is written in the box. The "standard" (i.e. Non-King) CD traycased lettered editions are nice with the traycase and leather bindings, but I can see where those two differences might not sway for a higher price tag, BUT the non-traycased CD lettered editions are SO different from the limited that I think they are worth the price tag.

$500 is pretty much my limit and then that's iffy since that would dominate by budget. There are VERY few books that I would consider spending more on. I have a standing agreement with my wife that if a super-deluxe lettered of Ghost Story by Straub is ever offered, I get it regardless of price. (Okay, within reason, but that would be the "budget buster").

Comment

Guys....

sk
                    Congrats on snagging a lettered! I wish that I'd had that much saved up on the GCs, but I've been tempted too much by some of the recent offers (here's looking at you, half off OOP lettered edition offer!). I've been contemplating on curbing my spending on various other publishers to be able to save up for the next GC offer. In the long run, it'll give me more flexibility but I'm a weak-willed collector and probably won't stick to it. My fall back plan is to wait until the GC offer is sent out and pester my wife until she lets me spend too much money on GCs...

Comment

I have a standing agreement with my wife that if a super-deluxe lettered of Ghost Story by Straub is ever offered, I get it regardless of price. (Okay, within reason, but that would be the "budget buster").
                      So my pitch to Peter for this book should be: "We can do something CRAZY for the Lettered Edition because Sock Monkey won't be able to say no!" And then Peter and I will both tent our fingers and say "excellent" like Mr. Burns.

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                        So my pitch to Peter for this book should be: "We can do something CRAZY for the Lettered Edition because Sock Monkey won't be able to say no!" And then Peter and I will both tent our fingers and say "excellent" like Mr. Burns.

Brian
                        LOL! That works for me!

Comment

a super-deluxe lettered of Ghost Story by Straub
                          YES!!!!!!!
                          Or Shadowland...
                          I would have loved Floating Dragon as well, but SubPress already took care of that title.
                          Brian, are you listening????

sk

Comment

YES!!!!!!!
                            Or Shadowland...
                            I would have loved Floating Dragon as well, but SubPress already took care of that title.

sk

CD did Floating Dragon. Now they won't do Ghost Story or Shadowland because you have ANGERED THE CD GODS!!!!! Nice!

Comment

PS Publishing has copies available:

Strange Weather

Comment

YES!!!!!!!
                                Or Shadowland...

sk
                                Keep in mind the S/L edition CD did of FLOATING DRAGON was actually the second such S/L of that book...Underwood Miller did it first, with great cover art by Diane and Leo Dillon. SHADOWLAND has also had a S/L produced...this one from Gauntlet Press. So S/Ls of those books are already out in the wild, for those who want them.

Comment

Working...
                                X