No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I traded with someone at the Facebook group and got THE BOOKING BY RAMSEY CAMPBELL - BLACK LABYRINTH BOOK III. It's a Dark Regions Press signed, numbered hardcover. In a separate purchase I got The Invasion/The Valley by William Meikle which is a Dark Regions Press double (A flipbook). I've never read anything by William Meikle so I'm thrilled to have stumbled across this flipbook.

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 03-15-2018, 11:05 PM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Good Job!!

Comment

In today's mail I got Guns of Shadow Valley, a huge oversized hardcover by Dave Wachter and James Andrew Clark the_guns_of_shadow_valley-26279146-frntl.jpg
        and I also got Nightmare Carnival edited by Ellen Datlow. These are both nick & dent items I found at Things From Another World.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          In today's mail I got Guns of Shadow Valley, a huge oversized hardcover by Dave Wachter and James Andrew Clark [ATTACH=CONFIG]20526[/ATTACH]
          and I also got Nightmare Carnival edited by Ellen Datlow. These are both nick & dent items I found at Things From Another World.

Cap
          Congratulations, I hope Things From Another World took good care of you. The Dark Horse headquarters are a couple of blocks from the High School I went to and I love stopping into TFAW stores when I am near one.

Comment

Dirty Coppers by Richard Chizmar & Ed Gorman. It is signed, hopefully by both authors. I'd never heard of this novella? before. I'd guess it's a novella since it is only 97 pages.

Cap

Comment

Dirty Coppers by Richard Chizmar & Ed Gorman. It is signed, hopefully by both authors. I'd never heard of this novella? before. I'd guess it's a novella since it is only 97 pages.

Cap
              I have always been intrigued by that one. I will pick it up at some point. Great find!

Comment

Cap
                It’s a good one; I think you’ll enjoy it.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

In today's mail I got Teen-Age Vice! (Designs in Scarlet) by Courtney Ryler Cooper. It's a vintage non fiction Pyramid Giant book in great condition. J. Edgar Hoover is mentioned on the front cover. I had a good laugh when I opened this package. Ooh-the things this paperback exposes....

s-l225.jpg

Cap

Comment

I suck at searching for threads so couldn't find one for the Novella Series. I see on the website that Dog Days O' Summer is sold out. I don't recall this title ever being announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      I suck at searching for threads so couldn't find one for the Novella Series. I see on the website that Dog Days O' Summer is sold out. I don't recall this title ever being announced.
                      I got a notification in late February that it was going to be announced but I was already getting one as part of a book club that I had ordered. I do not recall a general announcement. They may have offered the remaining available to people who had purchased Novella series directly from them or people who have purchased the authors on the past and sold out. Not really sure but that may be it.

Comment

I've been out of town the last week, so when I got home this afternoon, I had all sorts of treasures waiting for:

Nothing O'Clock by Neil Gaiman from Borderlands. Just as with my Joe Hill Little Book, this one was mailed in a padded envelope - come on, guys! Use a box! I know ULine says boxes . . .
                        The Shining Portfolio from CD - did anyone else's not come put together? Just seems odd that the prints weren't put into the folder and the folder was "built" Plus, CD wasn't able to honor my number request so now I have unmatched portfolio. (I'm not pleased.)
                        Impossible Monsters from Sub Press - I got the signed edition (signed by Kasey Lansdale, Joe Lansdale, Neil Gaiman and others.
                        Impossible Monsters - this time I also go the trade edition. The eBay listing said it was signed by Joe Lansdale (and one other,) but my copy isn't signed and the title pages where it's supposed to be signed doesn't match the listing . . .
                        A Little Green Book of Monster Stories - it arrived! And one of the best packaging jobs ever, especially for a tiny little book (Borderlands - if you need help in packaging, I can get you the seller's information . . .)
                        Christmas with the Dead from PS Publishing - signed and numbered by Lansdale
                        Christmas Monkeys from PS Publishing - signed by Lansdale and Pete Von Sholly

Speaking of Lansdale, a while back I got a really good deal on a great copy of Private Eye Action As You Like It. It's just the softcover version (the HC is a bit out of my price range at the moment) but it's signed and limited.

My Lansdale collection inches closer to be "complete."

And then tonight, I visited my local Half Price Books and picked up In the Shadows of Frankenstein - features the full Frankenstein novel, plus many other stories about cursed creations - it sounded like a lot of fun. I also picked up what was labeled as a First Thus edition of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens. Not 100% sure what the notation means, but I know it's not THE first printing, just A first printing. It'll more than suffice as a replacement to my Sci-Fi Book Club edition that I've owned since 1992 or so.

I also bought six soaps for $18 at Bath and Body Works, but I don't think anyone cares about that . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          I've been out of town the last week, so when I got home this afternoon, I had all sorts of treasures waiting for:

Nothing O'Clock by Neil Gaiman from Borderlands. Just as with my Joe Hill Little Book, this one was mailed in a padded envelope - come on, guys! Use a box! I know ULine says boxes . . .
                          The Shining Portfolio from CD - did anyone else's not come put together? Just seems odd that the prints weren't put into the folder and the folder was "built" Plus, CD wasn't able to honor my number request so now I have unmatched portfolio. (I'm not pleased.)
                          Impossible Monsters from Sub Press - I got the signed edition (signed by Kasey Lansdale, Joe Lansdale, Neil Gaiman and others.
                          Impossible Monsters - this time I also go the trade edition. The eBay listing said it was signed by Joe Lansdale (and one other,) but my copy isn't signed and the title pages where it's supposed to be signed doesn't match the listing . . .
                          A Little Green Book of Monster Stories - it arrived! And one of the best packaging jobs ever, especially for a tiny little book (Borderlands - if you need help in packaging, I can get you the seller's information . . .)
                          Christmas with the Dead from PS Publishing - signed and numbered by Lansdale
                          Christmas Monkeys from PS Publishing - signed by Lansdale and Pete Von Sholly

Speaking of Lansdale, a while back I got a really good deal on a great copy of Private Eye Action As You Like It. It's just the softcover version (the HC is a bit out of my price range at the moment) but it's signed and limited.

My Lansdale collection inches closer to be "complete."

And then tonight, I visited my local Half Price Books and picked up In the Shadows of Frankenstein - features the full Frankenstein novel, plus many other stories about cursed creations - it sounded like a lot of fun. I also picked up what was labeled as a First Thus edition of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens. Not 100% sure what the notation means, but I know it's not THE first printing, just A first printing. It'll more than suffice as a replacement to my Sci-Fi Book Club edition that I've owned since 1992 or so.

I also bought six soaps for $18 at Bath and Body Works, but I don't think anyone cares about that . . .
                          I believe CD is now shipping all the portfolios without the art inserted. They had an issue with some warehouse help not being careful and the holders tearing a while back. Dan can correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

That does make sense - I just don’t remember reading that the we’re going to do it that way. Not that that it matters much

Thanks for that info.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I believe CD is now shipping all the portfolios without the art inserted. They had an issue with some warehouse help not being careful and the holders tearing a while back. Dan can correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Hey, I care! Bath and Body Works soaps are awesome!

Comment

Picked up this James Crumley thin hardcover at a recent book sale. As-new, 25 pages of a "work in progress," 1/200 signed and numbered copies by Lord John Press. Runs around $100 on ABE and the usual suspects, I picked it up for five bucks. Hard to beat that deal.

(stock photo found on the web)

Other recent acquisitions include Michael Chislett's CITY OF GHOSTS, Sarob Press HC, and McCammon's THE LISTENER (which I'm reading right now and loving).
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X