No announcement yet.

The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing on this one -- one, not a fan of the gaudy Zebra-paperback-like skeletons w/ glowing eyes that pepper the the dustjackets, and, two, am buying the CD edition and with a Fine/Fine 1st ed. HC that I already have own (in aftermarket traycase), I don't need yet a third edition of this book...I bought PS' TOMMYKNOCKERS and THINNER because there was no other limited edition in the offering.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I grabbed this one although it worked out to $275 AUD. Easily the priciest new book I've bought. Yes, I already have the CD version ordered, but it's my all-time favourite book.
      I also have all the other PS Kings except Carrie, so I need to keep the set going and keep my number (not that that was a factor - I would have bought it anyway).
      Also one doesn't usually have to wait 3-5 years to get a PS book

Comment

Had to pass. I hate missing my number but it just was not in the cards.Hopefully it becomes available elsewhere! I hope some cool cat from the boards gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
          Had to pass. I hate missing my number but it just was not in the cards.Hopefully it becomes available elsewhere! I hope some cool cat from the boards gets it.
          Sorry you had to pass. It sucks. I had to pass on my number with Rosemary's Baby and it's harder to get over than it should be. I guess I'm not the healthy well-balanced adult I pretend to be. Who knows what the secondary market will turn up for PS's THE STAND . . .

Comment

Was going to use my CD credit account stash. But, of course, was at a doctor's appointment and my "smart phone" (not so smart) wouldn't let me use it. By the time I got home, it was sold out. Maybe CD will get some more copies.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              Sorry you had to pass. It sucks. I had to pass on my number with Rosemary's Baby and it's harder to get over than it should be. I guess I'm not the healthy well-balanced adult I pretend to be. Who knows what the secondary market will turn up for PS's THE STAND . . .
              If it is any consolation none of us ever thought you were a healthy well-balanced adult. But don't stress, one out of three aint bad!

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                Was going to use my CD credit account stash. But, of course, was at a doctor's appointment and my "smart phone" (not so smart) wouldn't let me use it. By the time I got home, it was sold out. Maybe CD will get some more copies.
                Write Mindy. We may still have a couple. We pulled it early so we wouldn't oversell, knowing people would contact us about not getting one. Just be aware that she may have sold all those copies already (it wasn't many).
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  Write Mindy. We may still have a couple. We pulled it early so we wouldn't oversell, knowing people would contact us about not getting one. Just be aware that she may have sold all those copies already (it wasn't many).
                  Not sure if this is appropriate but Sub Press still has some:

https://subterraneanpress.com/all-bo...rders/stand-ps

Comment

If anyone missed out, DRP is selling PS's THE STAND here:

https://darkregions.com/products/the...r-set-preorder

Comment

I still can't become a real fan of the PS books. The small size, thinner paper and "quality" of the artwork. They just don't impress too much. SK title or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        I still can't become a real fan of the PS books. The small size, thinner paper and "quality" of the artwork. They just don't impress too much. SK title or not.
                        I've liked a lot of the artwork. Certainly not all of it, but I don't like all of the artwork we use. Personally I particularly like the artwork Don Maitz is doing for The Stand for them.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          I've liked a lot of the artwork. Certainly not all of it, but I don't like all of the artwork we use. Personally I particularly like the artwork Don Maitz is doing for The Stand for them.
                          I LOVE Daniele Serra's art for The Tommyknockers.

Comment

I ended up passing on this one. My daughter is off to college in the fall. No matter how much I tried to I just couldn't justify this purchase especially since I have the Cemetery Dance one on order .

Comment

According to PS on the product page, their edition of THE STAND will be published this month. Has anyone heard anything since it sold out? Has anyone been dreaming of the old black woman or the faceless man? Anyone going to Boulder? Or Vegas?

BTW: someone shared a pic of Maitz's Flagg over on TDT and it looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                According to PS on the product page, their edition of THE STAND will be published this month. Has anyone heard anything since it sold out? Has anyone been dreaming of the old black woman or the faceless man? Anyone going to Boulder? Or Vegas?

BTW: someone shared a pic of Maitz's Flagg over on TDT and it looks awesome.
                                Would love to see the book but having bought a few books from them and knowing how flimsy those pages are, it still nags me at the back of my mind if it will be able to withstand general use. Still having higher expectations of the CD edition than this one lol.
                                Last edited by WebInterceptor; 05-08-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X