No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zookeeper: 3/5. Not original, not particularly clever, but competently directed and acted. It's hard not to like a film where the matchmaker monkey's best idea on how to win the girl is to throw poo at her.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Zookeeper: 3/5. Not original, not particularly clever, but competently directed and acted. It's hard not to like a film where the matchmaker monkey's best idea on how to win the girl is to throw poo at her.
      I want to see that one, really like Kevin James!

Comment

Admit it Pete, you just want to see the monkey throw poo at that obnoxious blonde in the trailer...
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nooo.....

Alright, YES I DO!

Comment

Season of the Witch on Cable. What was I thinking! Bad, bad, really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
              Just finished watching Fido. My wife and I both really enjoyed it. It was actually a very clever movie under the surface of it. Placing it in 1950s America was a genius stroke which added to that satirical edge. And what's not to like about... the outcast boy searching for a friend, the sexually repressed homemaker searching for a companion, the provider spineless husband, and the near perfect idealistic town as a backcloth to the tongue in cheek suburbia haven for zombie harmony - yes, perfect. Two things my wife did during the film was comment, "This is stupid", then let out a huge laugh. The second was sound genuinely upset when she assumed Tammy the erotic zombie girlfriend of one of the neighbours was shot in the head and would die.

Yes, wonderful film and right up both our street.

Going to sleep now.

4/5

Craig
              I agree about Fido.

funny as hell and interesting in its own weird way.
              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Harry Potter VII, Part 2 (HP8?): 3.5/5. Good movie, especially after the near snoozefest of Part1; but seriously, enough already. Some things crucial to the resolution I couldn't recall, but I just went with it. Holocruxes, Deathly Hallows and really big honkin' snakes, oh my!! I wanted Voldy to say to HP "I'm pasty-skinned, I bald, I'm schnozz-less, and I'm your father. Deal with it!" Would have been worth another 1/2 point at least.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Repulsion: 5/5. This movie is creepy; hell, Roman polanski is creepy. Cracks in the ceiling and walls now bother me tremendously.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

127 Hours 4/5

Comment

I just saw the new Harry Potter. I thought it was good, I'd give it a 4-4.5/5. They did use a lot of creative license from the book though.

Spoiler!
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

127 Hours 4/5
                        I'm going to go 5/11 on this one. Some great scenes, and good filmography though.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Can we change the result range? I assumed it was up to 5. Are you messing with me, Ken. I know I'm British/English and you guys have that habit of putting the month before the day, when here we put the day before the month, so if i read 3/25, i think, "Holy shit, when did we add 13 months to the year?!"

So you're saying you would rate it 5 out of 11, right, which would be something like, 2.2/4?

Comment

Can we change the result range? I assumed it was up to 5. Are you messing with me, Ken. I know I'm British/English and you guys have that habit of putting the month before the day, when here we put the day before the month, so if i read 3/25, i think, "Holy shit, when did we add 13 months to the year?!"

So you're saying you would rate it 5 out of 11, right, which would be something like, 2.2/4?

Sorry, Craig. My bad. I made a crack about a movie rating scale going to 11 ("We're Spinal Tap of the U.K., you must be the U.S.A.!) and Ken grabbed on it.

Oops!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I just saw the new Harry Potter, too. Loved it. Very satisfying ending to the series. Of course, the books were much better, but given the job of adapting such huge books, they got more right than they got wrong. I had one quibble with the direction of one scene, but otherwise, I thought it was great.

Spoiler!

Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                                Spoiler!

Hunter
                                So true.

Spoiler!
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X