The Girl in a Swing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Girl in a Swing

I'm looking for a copy of CP's The Girl in a Swing by Richard Adams. Drop a pm or email if you have one for sale.

I'm happy to say that I've locked in a copy from Ebay. The price was steep, not as steep as others I have seen for sale though, but I think the original asking price was steep too.

Comment

It was. It was a big ticket item.

Comment

It's definitely a volume that I would have liked to have, but the pub price tag was just a bit too much for me to justify. The unfortunate thing about Centipede Press - as a buyer, anyhow- is that they rarely go down in value, so the secondary market is not much of a viable option to get it cheaper. So this one will likely remain out of my grasp.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

There MSRP seem to continue to rise, or at least stay high, for many of their books. I love their editions, but it makes it hard to collect them. I do like the affordable options like the Leiber Fahfrd and the Gray Mouser novels and the Elric series coming out though.

I'd love to get Straub's Julia, but damn is it a hefty tag.

Comment

This and Ender’s Game were my two big ticket CP purchases. I don’t regret either especially since Girl was probably my only shot at getting a signed Adams book.

And to be honest, I almost - almost - PMed you about selling my copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post

Same here (unfortunately).
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I just preordered Kafka on the Shore from Centipede, and it cost more than my last Stephen King sl. But knowing the quality that Jerad always puts out, I know it will be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  This and Ender’s Game were my two big ticket CP purchases. I don’t regret either especially since Girl was probably my only shot at getting a signed Adams book.

And to be honest, I almost - almost - PMed you about selling my copy.
                  Well, I appreciate even the slightest consideration!

Had I been in your situation I probably would have just gloated.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    There MSRP seem to continue to rise, or at least stay high, for many of their books. I love their editions, but it makes it hard to collect them. I do like the affordable options like the Leiber Fahfrd and the Gray Mouser novels and the Elric series coming out though.

God, I want to pick up a copy of Julia! Centipede is looking to bankrupt me over the next few months. On top of Julia, they have two Ramsey Campbell novels coming (yes!), a Caitlin Kiernan Mythos collection (double yes!), and two-volume sets of Masters of The Weird Tale for Robert Aickman and Ramsey Campbell (oh heck yes!!). I’m trying to figure out how to swing all this. I agree about the aftermarket on Centipede so if I don’t pick it up from Jared, then I’ll probably never afford it. (Here’s looking at you, A Mountain Walked).

Comment

I actually feel pretty good about buying Centipede books, mainly because I don't often buy Stephen King. Do I buy all of the CP stuff? Hell no, I'm trying to retire in three years, LOL, but I never regret anything I get from Jerad. I passed on Julia and few other things, but I'm really looking forward to the Robert Aickman set!!

Comment

Working...
                      X