No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw pics of the latest box in Martin’s Collection thread...

I don’t want to be That Guy who keep piling on, but jeez Louise, both those message cards are rife with spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors, which only serves to underscore the unprofessionalism of which he’s been accused. He might want to have someone more polished look over his writing before he sends it out.

On the positive side: Congrats to those who received their boxes...looks like some interesting stuff.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

DAMNIT! Do I buy SST's Gwendy??????

Comment

Yes, man already!!! You have a coupon for God's sake!!

Forgot to mention that I loved your comment about the bookmark in your latest unboxing video. It inspired me to try and be cute with my wife's Kindle. Kinky, I know. So I placed a bookmark inside of her Kindle case. (Is it me or does that sound really dirty). The response, "Cute". And in the words of our fearless leader, "Mission Accomplished"

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Forgot to mention that I loved your comment about the bookmark in your latest unboxing video. It inspired me to try and be cute with my wife's Kindle. Kinky, I know. So I placed a bookmark inside of her Kindle case. (Is it me or does that sound really dirty). The response, "Cute". And in the words of our fearless leader, "Mission Accomplished"
          That's awesome. Number 3 on my bucket list: inspire people to put their bookmarks in.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            DAMNIT! Do I buy SST's Gwendy??????
            I have to go with a yes. I have been asking myself the same question and I don't have any coupons with them.

Comment

Well, the coupon doesn't work for Gwendy. SO I'm taking this as a sign.

Comment

That's awesome. Number 3 on my bucket list: inspire people to put their bookmarks in.
                Check

Maybe email in regards to it. Did the coupon state any restrictions?

Comment

At least I am not missing out then. At one point I checked and would be around $110 to purchase that book and get it shipped to me. As much as I do want it I can't justify the price for a book I have several versions on hand or on order.

Comment

Oh man, I just impulse bought two books off eBay. One was a what I thought would be a low throwaway bid and I won it. The other one is a book I’ve been trying to track down and it was a good price...but it was off budget, which means CD or someone else is gonna announce another book I’ll NEED and throw me way off base.

Comment

All that and you didn't tell us which books you purchased. ~Cap
                      Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Oh man, I just impulse bought two books off eBay. One was a what I thought would be a low throwaway bid and I won it. The other one is a book I’ve been trying to track down and it was a good price...but it was off budget, which means CD or someone else is gonna announce another book I’ll NEED and throw me way off base.
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Maybe email in regards to it. Did the coupon state any restrictions?
                        The coupon didn't but the Gwendy product page states that you can't use coupons or other discounts. Of course, I only saw that after emailing Paul at SST. I think I'll just use the coupon on something new. There's always something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          At least I am not missing out then. At one point I checked and would be around $110 to purchase that book and get it shipped to me. As much as I do want it I can't justify the price for a book I have several versions on hand or on order.

Right. I looked at the conversion and with the coupon it would have cost about $96 to have it shipped from SST. But without the coupon, it's just not something I can justify.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                            YES! What books, man?

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                              YES! What books, man?
                              Nothing super-crazy. The first was the traycased limited of The Skull Ring by Scott Nicholson. King's Way Press is rather infamous around these part--and rightfully so, due to their lengthy delays and various other issues--but I saw this on eBay and thought that the story sounded interesting and threw in a low bid and won it for under $25 bucks.

The second book is one that I've been searching for and finally grabbed it at a decent price: the signed limited of Deadman's Road by Joe Lansdale. This has been on my want list for years so I'm happy to finally have secured a copy for my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                Nothing super-crazy. The first was the traycased limited of The Skull Ring by Scott Nicholson. King's Way Press is rather infamous around these part--and rightfully so, due to their lengthy delays and various other issues--but I saw this on eBay and thought that the story sounded interesting and threw in a low bid and won it for under $25 bucks.

The second book is one that I've been searching for and finally grabbed it at a decent price: the signed limited of Deadman's Road by Joe Lansdale. This has been on my want list for years so I'm happy to finally have secured a copy for my collection.
                                Congrats -- that kind of finally-got-it-after-years-of-waiting purchase is definitely a cause for celebration!
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X