No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Devil's Rosary: The Complete Tales of Jules de Grandin, Volume Two by Seabury Quinn--the 1930s pulp horror author who Lovecraft detested, but was praised by others of the time.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      The Devil's Rosary: The Complete Tales of Jules de Grandin, Volume Two by Seabury Quinn--the 1930s pulp horror author who Lovecraft detested, but was praised by others of the time.
      Lovecraft, now there was a piece of work.....

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Lovecraft, now there was a piece of work.....
        Funny you would say that. My initial response when I read 'author who Lovecraft detested' I thought, I would probably like him.

Comment

I read the first volume which left me a bit....unimpressed - the stories I found too repetitive.
          I had already pre-ordered vol. 2 and 3, but after finishing this first volume, I canceled.

sk

Comment

They are very much formulaic and of their time but I find them interesting.

Comment

I'm getting them from B&N (for around $20 apiece). I find them interesting, but they are formulaic and not particularly memorable.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I finished reading Ace Double 78400 The Star Virus by Barrington J Bayley and Mask of Chaos by John Jakes. Now I'm nearing the end of Sorrow Creek by Christopher Fulbright and Angeline Hawkes.

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Got through Chapter 1 of Sleeping Beauties today before work. I've the next two days off to delve further into it.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Got through Chapter 1 of Sleeping Beauties today before work. I've the next two days off to delve further into it.
                    Through four chapters. Trying to find the time to finish before I see the authors next Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Through four chapters. Trying to find the time to finish before I see the authors next Tuesday.
                      How do you feel about it so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        How do you feel about it so far?
                        It is good so far. A lot of character development. King is returning to a familiar topic, men abusing women, but so far it is not overpowering the story. The story feels like it is picking up steam now so more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          It is good so far. A lot of character development. King is returning to a familiar topic, men abusing women, but so far it is not overpowering the story. The story feels like it is picking up steam now so more to come.
                          Thanks. I probably listen to rather than read it. Although having listen to a good bit of audio books lately; I personally feel it takes away from the story if I've not reading it myself. So might have to make the time. I also wonder if I'll receive a copy via the Stephen King Library since it's co-written with Owen.

Comment

Before my time off began I finished reading Sorrow Creek. During my vacation time I only read Skulls by Armand Rosamilia. Now, I'm reading a vintage paperback from 1960, The Judas Gun, by Wayne D Overholser that I paid $2.70 for at a Fargo bookstore. The paperback is in good shape all things considered. Cap
                            Last edited by c marvel; 10-05-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I just finished Dan Brown's Origin. I love his books - interpreting the symbolism of various ancient civilizations makes you see things in a whole new light.

Comment

One interesting thing about The Judas Gun paperback (It's interesting to me anyway) is on the back it says Cover Painting by Ronnie Lesser. Cover painting? For a book published in 1960?

Cap

Comment

Working...
                                X