AAWWOOOOOOOO!!! Werewolf books..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about GOOD anthos.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
      How about GOOD anthos.
      Anthologies as well, please.
      -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
      gamertag : calason

Comment

Wolf's Hour is great, the added short story from SubPress was awesome and has me waiting for the next one. Beastial was a fun, quick read. Fairly short, I think I read it straight through. A few other oldies I loved when I read them were Wolfsbane by William Johnstone, Quarrel With the Moon by J.C. Conway, and Werewolves be Jerry and Sharon Ahern. Only anthology I read was Werewolvesead Moon Rising which came out maybe early '10? It wasn't bad, nothing really jumped out as a future great.

I too, have Moonbane sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. I think I've hit the point of having more to read than I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
          I think I've hit the point of having more to read than I've read.
          I hit that point a long time ago, yet I keep buying more and more, lol. I've made a dent though, up to over 30 books read so far since December, though I've purchased many, many more than that in that time too

I'm thinking I might need to check out some of these other werewolf stories
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

I thought The Wolf's Hour was a fantastic read, and I'm much more into the Vampire genre myself. I bought the Sub Press edition and read it recently, and I pre-purchased the next book in the series.

After that, I think The Howling is one of my favorites. I just bought the new limited edition, but haven't read it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              I thought The Wolf's Hour was a fantastic read, and I'm much more into the Vampire genre myself.
              You should try McCammons' They Thirst.
              I think it's a much better book than The Wolf's Hour.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                You should try McCammons' They Thirst.
                I think it's a much better book than The Wolf's Hour.

sk
                I have all McCammon's books (mostly in paperback up in the attic) and I remember reading They Thirst a few times, although it's been many years now. I'd have to read it again to compare it to The Wolf's Hour, but either way I still like The Wolf's Hour a lot.

Comment

For me it has to be Moon Dance by S P Somtow. Absolutely stunningly written. Quite an original concept too.

Comment

Definitely Wolf's Hour by McCammon-and I really enjoyed They Thirst too. I think my fave McCammon would be a three way tie though-Stinger, Swansong and the Sings the Nightbird trilogy.
                    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                      I think my fave McCammon would be
                      Boy's Life!

sk

Comment

Yeah, the Subpress edition of Wolf's Hour was gorgeous. And the fact that the collection "The Hunter From the Woods" is scheduled for later this year has me chomping at the bit!

Comment

Has anyone read Peter David's "Howling Mad"? It concerns a wolf who gets bitten by a werewolf and every full moon turns human. Very funny. I also remember enjoying "Wolfen" when it read it many, many moons ago.
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                            Sings the Nightbird trilogy.
                            Thought shalt not say trilogy!!!! He might get mad and not write the next 7!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              Thought shalt not say trilogy!!!! He might get mad and not write the next 7!!! LOL!!!
                              My most humble apologies
                              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mickmarseviltwin View Post
                                For me it has to be Moon Dance by S P Somtow. Absolutely stunningly written. Quite an original concept too.
                                I'd forgotten about that one, and yes, I remember liking it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X