Publisher's Copies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Publisher's Copies

I was wondering if anyone knew how many Publisher's Copies (PC) are printed with each S/L edition run? Back in 2008 I purchased The Best of Cemetery Dance S/L on the secondary market and it was a PC copy. I've always wondered how many PC copies existed. Also is the PC of lesser value than the numbered run?
    Why are you doing this to us? Because you were home.

Originally posted by keysersoze View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew how many Publisher's Copies (PC) are printed with each S/L edition run? Back in 2008 I purchased The Best of Cemetery Dance S/L on the secondary market and it was a PC copy. I've always wondered how many PC copies existed. Also is the PC of lesser value than the numbered run?
    It varies with each book depending on the contracts with the authors / artists. We always have extras made though in case of damages. There really is no set number. Also there's a over / under number with the printers. They are allowed to go over or under the number we order by a certain number of books.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Also is the PC of lesser value than the numbered run?
      I think the value is dependent specifically on the individual buyer. Personally I consider PC copies less desirable IMHO.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
        I think the value is dependent specifically on the individual buyer. Personally I consider PC copies less desirable IMHO.
        Yes I would much rather my Best of Cemetery Dance to be one of the numbered copies. But I'm very happy to have the copy I have, it is one of my favorite books.
        Why are you doing this to us? Because you were home.

Comment

Yes I would much rather my Best of Cemetery Dance to be one of the numbered copies. But I'm very happy to have the copy I have, it is one of my favorite books.
          I'm not knocking your copy. In fact I would love to have a PC copy of that book! Most lettered or numbered editions are out of my reach.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

You could look at this way: there are most likely fewer PC copies then the numbered and lettered editions, making it the rarer edition of the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
              You could look at this way: there are most likely fewer PC copies then the numbered and lettered editions, making it the rarer edition of the book.
              I think it's more of the stigma that there are multiple "PC" copies but only one number 3 of the book. If we want to get into extra rarities, you could say with CD books that the ones numbered by me are more rare than the ones numbered by Dave... lol

Instagram

Comment

You should start signing the books.

"Dr. Sleep signed by Stephen King, and Lettered and signed by Dan Hocker."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                  You should start signing the books.

"Dr. Sleep signed by Stephen King, and Lettered and signed by Dan Hocker."
                  Ha! No thanks, I see how miserable Brian looks when he has to sign sig sheets. I think I'll pass.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                  X