• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Loved Northern Exposure
    Maurice was da man!!!!!
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Now for a few of the "treasures" my grandmother left me:

A copy of When WorldsCollide, unknow year of publication.
      DSCF0242.jpg
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

A 1924 copy of Pinocchio with illustrations:

DSCF0244.jpgDSCF0246.jpg

One of the many joys of the original work is that the wood Pinocchio was carved from was given to Geppetto by a rival carpenter as a joke, who knew that the wood was alive and wanted to vex G. The illustration is of the converstion G has with the piece of wood.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finally, a first edition, 1927, of the very first Hardy Boys book, The Tower Treasure.

DSCF0240.jpgDSCF0248.jpg

The text has changed over the years, mostly to reflect the changing technology and mores of society; also, the police force of Bayport was the equivalent of theKeystone Kops--that was also cut. The orignal stroies were 24 chapters long. Today, the books are only 20 chapters. Here is my favorite example of what was cut out.

DSCF0249.jpg

Slim Robinson is the Negro-Italian son of the caretaker of the Applegate Estate who is suspected of stealing the treasure.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I love the Pinocchio!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Finally, a first edition, 1927, of the very first Hardy Boys book, The Tower Treasure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1370[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1371[/ATTACH]

The text has changed over the years, mostly to reflect the changing technology and mores of society; also, the police force of Bayport was the equivalent of theKeystone Kops--that was also cut. The orignal stroies were 24 chapters long. Today, the books are only 20 chapters. Here is my favorite example of what was cut out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1372[/ATTACH]

Slim Robinson is the Negro-Italian son of the caretaker of the Applegate Estate who is suspected of stealing the treasure.
              hahahahahahahaha --- why did we have to get so damn politically correct and kill all the fun associated with how text like this translates to us modern 21st century folk Seriously, Mr Boone, these books of your grandmothers are nothing short of pure gold!!!!

Comment

This was a specialty press that reprinted these original texts; I haven't been on therir site in a few years, so I don't know if they still do--can't even remember what it's called.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  I love the Pinocchio!!!!
                  +1

sk

Comment

I've a few signed editions from Easton Press (with one on the way)--only one is numbered. Here's one of the unnumbered ones I have. It's not a first edition, published 1990. EP issues some of their signed edition with COAs, as with The Sword of Shannara.

DSCF0251.jpgDSCF0256.jpgDSCF0262.jpg

Has all the great B&W Hildebrant art, but not the full-color pull-out (which I miss...)

It does have a new frontpiece, tho:

DSCF0258.jpg
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I want it!!!!
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I had a choice between editions of TSoS to get (I do have a 9th printing paperback)--a signed 1st/1st HC for $1200, a 1st print unsigned w/o jacket for $400, or this one for $125. The choice was pretty simple!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That illustration is fantastic! Great addition Squire!

Comment

I think that I was so disapointed that the full-color pullout wasn't included, I was kinda ambivalent about the front piece. I really like now, tho.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Those Easton books are truly lovely Mr Boone

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous, Squire!
                                I love those Hildebrandt brothers!

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X