No announcement yet.

BIRD BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the -- as American Pickers would say -- bundling deal!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Did anyone get the Chadbourne original art pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        Did anyone get the Chadbourne original art pieces?
        WELL, on launch day, I bought the numbered edition. Then as time went by, I kept watching the numbers until the lettered was sold out. Then a lettered became available again and it triggered something in me--some hunter/gatherer instinct--and I pulled the trigger and bought it too. So THEN I emailed Dark Regions and asked if they could either give me the final piece of Chadbourne art (since I bought both editions) or cancel my order for the numbered. Because I apparently need drama in my life.

I don't see why they wouldn't give me the Chadbourne art since I bought the last lettered and no one else can qualify for the special package deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          WELL, on launch day, I bought the numbered edition. Then as time went by, I kept watching the numbers until the lettered was sold out. Then a lettered became available again and it triggered something in me--some hunter/gatherer instinct--and I pulled the trigger and bought it too. So THEN I emailed Dark Regions and asked if they could either give me the final piece of Chadbourne art (since I bought both editions) or cancel my order for the numbered. Because I apparently need drama in my life.

I don't see why they wouldn't give me the Chadbourne art since I bought the last lettered and no one else can qualify for the special package deal.
          Well I hope you got it, that would be mighty cool! Congrats on adding a the lettered edition to the collection either way.

Comment

Well I hope you got it, that would be mighty cool! Congrats on adding a the lettered edition to the collection either way.
            I'm getting the Chadbourne art!

Comment

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Got my original Chadbourne art!

https://instagram.com/p/BXO3ozwlXAx/
                  Last edited by jeffingoff; 08-01-2017, 01:27 AM.

Comment

That's really stinking cool! Congratulations!!!

Comment

Nice art, congratulations!

Comment

Thanks! I was really happy with it. I thought it looked even better than the other examples of Chadbourne art they show on the website. I'll either frame it or keep it in the Bird Box tray case when I get it.

Comment

Nice grab Jeff! You done good!

Comment

Nice grab Jeff! You done good!
                            Thank you! I'm glad I was able to snag it. So it's a win. Of course, it'll be a much better win if the value of the numbered and lettered go up on the secondary market. Though that's doubtful for the numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I hate to be the one that said I-Told-You-So, but jeez louise, I just checked DR's site and a week after my above post there are still 375 copies left, so only ten sold in the last five days or so, or two copies per day. Kind of a shame, given the acclaim for this title. I wonder if that will give DR (and other publishers) pause to reconsider their pricing structure. For me, unless it's Centipede, where I feel the production values and the potential resale value exists (though who am I kidding, I'd never sell any of my Centipedes) to account for the higher price, or perhaps the King Gift Editions from CD, $50 is a pretty hard stop for me when it comes to new genre limited editions...anything beyond that needs to justify itself pretty profoundly or the cost-benefit ratio just doesn't quite work for me. There are always exceptions, of course, but everyone has to have some basic/default barometer, some red line, and $50 is mine.
                              More than three months after this 7/17 post, and there are still 359 copies left, so that's just 16 copies sold in that three-month period. I was a little skeptical about the volume's sales potential at its $75 price point, but even I didn't think it would be selling this slow. I would chalk it up to Malerman's lack of popularity of visibility or ?? among genre fans who collect limiteds, but Earthling seems to be doing okay with the S/L of Goblin (think I saw it was 90% sold out...?) with I believe a similar copy limitation, so I'm puzzled why the contrast between the two projects. Is it price ($50 GOBLIN vs. $75 BIRD BOX) or is it more than that?
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I think price is a major reason for that, I also believe, though I could be wrong here, that maybe the Earthling has more good faith with customers and a more die-hard fan base.

Comment

Working...
                                X